UFC: Ultimate Fight Night [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UFC: Ultimate Fight Night

gr81disp
08-06-2005, 18:55
Starts in five minutes. Some good matches coming up. I will be back later with results.

gr81disp
08-06-2005, 22:11
Middleweight Bout
Nathan Marquardt vs. Ivan Salaverry: Marquardt Unanimous Dec.
BOOORING!!!

Welterweight Bout
Pete Spratt vs. Josh Koscheck: Koscheck Sub. 1R 1:52

Middleweight Bout
Pete Sell vs. Nate Quarry: Quarry TKO 1R 0:14
Controversial (IMO premature) stoppage.

Light Heavyweight Bout
Sam Hoger vs. Stephen Bonnar: Bonnar Unanimous Dec.
An exciting WAR!

Middleweight Bout
Patrick Cote vs. Chris Leben: Leben Split Dec. (29-27 Leben, 28-27 Cote, 30-27 Leben)
Another Slugfest. Both have titanium skulls.

Mike Swick vs Replacement Gideon Ray: Swick KO 1R 0:22

Welterweight Bout
Kenny Florian vs Alex Karalexis: ?(not shown)
Drew Fickett vs Josh Neer: ?(not shown)

el_jewapo
08-06-2005, 22:38
I forgot it was on before I spoiled the results else where. I've got the replay recording on Tivo now.

I'm too excited about August 28th to be thinking about any other MMA! Pride GP finals for those who didn't know.

el_jewapo
08-08-2005, 08:31
Man, that Quarry/Sell stoppage was BULL ****!! Sell was obviously still in it enough to defend himself! I'm sure they called it early so it wouldn't look "barbaric" on national tv.
If this is what we can expect from UFC going "main stream", I don't think I'll be a fan much longer.

Pride is way better anyway.

gr81disp
08-08-2005, 11:14
The stoppage was because the ref was Cecil Peoples. He is usually a *$!&%^ JUDGE!!! I don't think it was because it was so brutal, else they would have stopped Marquardt v. Salavery because it was so painful to watch. Besides, Sell will appeal and it will hopefully be ruled a no contest.

walangkatapat
08-08-2005, 11:24
Originally posted by gr81disp
The stoppage was because the ref was Cecil Peoples. He is usually a *$!&%^ JUDGE!!! I don't think it was because it was so brutal, else they would have stopped Marquardt v. Salavery because it was so painful to watch. Besides, Sell will appeal and it will hopefully be ruled a no contest.

It seemed he stopped a couple fights too early IMO. I'd give the fighter the benefit of the doubt, it may be one or two more blows, but you have to give the guy the benefit. It's great to see the UFC on regular tv.

Mr. Ajax
08-08-2005, 18:40
all of the fights were sub par

grenadier
08-09-2005, 14:05
The Bonnar fight was pretty good, although Bonnar was getting sloppy at the very end; his opponent had a reasonable chance of slapping on a submission.

Still, though, it looks like Bonnar's going to do just fine in the UFC. Can't wait until he fights Forrest Griffin again.

mossy500camo
08-09-2005, 14:24
Yeah this is pretty good stuff. But.. Nothing like the Old days when Tank Abbott ruled and Shamrock kicked ass.;c