any good flight/ dog fight sims?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : any good flight/ dog fight sims??

glockdeacon
08-07-2005, 19:42
I havent done flight sims since X-wing. Are there any good ones yall would recomend? I wouldn't mind another Star Wars theme game.

funbob
08-07-2005, 20:30
I wouldn't exactly call X-wing a flight sim. Are you more interested in a shooter type game or a detailed simulation? If you can get your hands on a copy of Freespace 2 I think it's the best space combat game ever made. I haven't been keeping up with the Star Wars franchise lately so I don't know if they have anything good now. If you're after a more detailed realistic air combat simulation, check out Falcon 4.0 Allied Force, IL-2, Lock On, and Wings over Vietnam. For just general flying around, your only real choices are Flight Simulator 2004, and X-Plane.

Glockman67
08-08-2005, 15:26
Personally, in an arcadish way, Janes ATF Gold and DID's F22 ADF were some of the best flight sim's to date. Too bad neither will run on XP.

:(

gman67

Bullman
08-14-2005, 05:39
I have always liked the Microsoft combat flight simulators. I like the older planes, and MSCFS 3 is pretty good. 1 and 2 weren't too bad either. If you like prop planes instead of jets, it is the way to go. I have tried the Il2 Shturmovik simulator from ubisoft and it isn't too bad either. I would like to get Pacific Fighters from them, I think that is the name. MSCFS 3 also has some jets on it, the later part of the war. Gives you some opportunities to do what ifs that didn't actually happen with the war, like jet on jet combat. You can also do simulated campaigns, and if you don't play it right, you can lose the war. I highly recommend it. just have a good video card.