Graphics card help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card help

don51181
08-08-2005, 15:53
I have an Intel Pentium 4 CPU and Intel graphics extreme 2 card. If I get and ATI Radion 8500 128mb card will there be a compatibility problem? Are all of the connectors to the motherboards the same on graphics cards? I am new to video cards so I need some help. Thanks. This is so I can upgrade to play battlefield2.

Washington,D.C.
08-08-2005, 16:03
It sounds like your Intel video/graphics is built in your motherboard.First you must find out what connectors your motherboard has.If there is an AGP slot or just PCI slots.You also need to enter your system's setup in the bios and see if you must diable your Intel graphics or if it is automatically switched to PCI when a PCI graphics card is present.You most likely don't have an AGP slot if you are now using the Intel graphics,although many of the motherboards with Intel Extreme Graphics 2 do have an AGP slot where many with the slower Extreme Graphics(1) do not.There may be a setting in your setup bios that needs to be changed to auto detect PCI graphics cards too.If you are getting a PCI card make sure it's just PCI and not PCI Express(PCI X).