oil leaking out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : oil leaking out

Benj
08-09-2005, 02:44
I have a Jericho 941 which I clean regularly, cleaning the barrel, applying oil, etc. However when I store my gun in the bag, I notice that oil oftentimes leaks out from the different openings and they spread all over the frame. It is only a thin oil and in small amounts, but I am worried that maybe I am doing something wrong? Also should I be worried that the oil that leaks out can potentially cause rust? Thanks.

Eye Cutter
08-09-2005, 03:06
you're putting way too much oil. don't overlube the trigger mechanism or the frame's internals and other small parts. mas madali kumapit dumi and unburnt powder if there's too much oil.

horge
08-09-2005, 03:18
I'm a heavy (or rather, indiscriminate) oiler myself.
Bad habit, really.

Excess oil potentially causes quite a number of problems,
but corrosion isn't one of them: quite the opposite, actually.
When my blasters are tucked away for storage (as in, months on end)
they're oozing oil every which way.

toxic
08-09-2005, 08:03
I dont play with my boomer as much as i want , so for long period of storage time i oil it just right not too much to a point it will leak and i put a little pc of absorbent pad to prevent the oil from leaking. ( thats what i do to the bone saw at work);f

After each shooting session..i clean and lube it much less than what i mentioned above ..by few drops to moving parts of my boomer (jericho 941F) and running my finger through it himas or hilamos lang.i also apply a little bit of white greese(molydal)or sili-glyde silicone base lubricant.Rack the slide a few times.. Voila !!! ready for another day at the range...Got this tip from BOG's

vega
08-09-2005, 08:51
The leak is normal and you're not doing something wrong.

edited to add - Don't put oil on the firing pin mechanism.

vega

Mang Danny
08-09-2005, 09:32
Some oil will just seep out of the gun, when too much is used. The rest will splatter away when you shoot it.

Benj
08-09-2005, 19:32
Thanks guys. I'm a first time gun owner so I guess I might be oiling it too much.

chowchow
01-18-2007, 14:11
How about gun grease on the rails.

vega
01-18-2007, 15:32
IMO, grease is not good.
It will turn to crude overtime.

BTW, what's up with the old thread ressurection?

toxic
01-19-2007, 23:38
Our new member Chowchow probably want to give his POV, so he revisited some old threads.

dinggaling
01-20-2007, 01:23
Originally posted by Benj
Thanks guys. I'm a first time gun owner so I guess I might be oiling it too much.

try to use silicon/teflon based sray, it dries after application but maintains lube properties. :thumbsup: