Where to buy 1911 parts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 1911 parts

Arpee
08-09-2005, 03:00
hello again,

just wondering where I can buy good 1911 parts at reasonable prices in Metro Manila. I've already been to PB Dionisio (Ed Brown products).

I am new with 1911 and do not know where to get some of the known brands.

Have some of you also tried local 1911 parts? If so what are these local brands. Are they comparable with the foreign based parts?

Thanks in advance.

horge
08-09-2005, 03:25
Hi :)

Local brands?
Try Squires Bingham (Armscor).
Shooters Arms sells much cheaper 1911 spares, but they
aren't 'quite' mil spec, and the steel can be soft (this is not
always an issue, depending on the part concerned).
Tony Pascual sells reasonably-priced pin sets and spring sets.

Best to shop for this stuff at a gun show --the discounts are
always nice.

hth
h

Arpee
08-09-2005, 04:03
Some of the parts I was thinking are: Sear, Ejector, Extractor, Hammer, etc. to replace some Armscor pistol parts.

I may want "better" parts to replace some of the above. I'll try to buy the rest on the next gun show.

:)

Alexii
08-09-2005, 04:27
Originally posted by Arpee
Some of the parts I was thinking are: Sear, Ejector, Extractor, Hammer, etc. to replace some Armscor pistol parts.

You may want to include the disconnector while you're at it, and have a competent and reputable 'smith put it all together for you.

Good luck. I think there'll be a gun show before the year ends.

Arpee
08-09-2005, 17:47
Thanks for the tip. Will also try to look for a disconnector. will also look at the products of shooters.

Do you have a favorite gun store where you normally go to ask for 1911 parts? What are the brands that these stores carry?

Salamat ulit :)

mirko128
08-09-2005, 18:03
From the last gun show (and previous posts here), I know that

PB Dionisio has Ed Brown parts
--> If you look at their sticker price tags, the discounts during the gun show are significant (prev. price vs. gun show price)

True Weight has STI parts

These 2 look to be the ones with the most parts/variety for the said brands. Of course, they also carry others like King's.

Then the rest, as far as I've observed, have a mix of brands.

batangueno
08-09-2005, 19:22
During the gunshow, for EB parts get them from PB, Wilson parts from Twin Pines, STI parts from True Weight.

Arpee
08-10-2005, 09:30
Thanks for your comments. So far I have asked (so I know where to go in case I need some)the following stores:

- Twin Pines carries Ed Brown also; also was told that they have a 1911 frame from Korea (iron side daw) in case I need build a new gun.
- Urban (Shangrila Mall) has jetrho products and some wilson; though not complete
- Shooters Arms; almost complete

Are there stores that caries C. McCormick?

mirko128
08-10-2005, 12:56

I bought a couple of power 10 mags from Jethro, so you may want to try checking with them.

The CMC triggers are pretty common, can find them from several stores.

The other gun store in Alimall, Force-something, I think I saw some more 1911 parts there.

horge
08-10-2005, 16:02
There's another gun shop in Ali Mall?
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Details! Please!

The two I was already aware of are:

Reliable
B33 2nd Floor, Ali Mall,
Araneta Center, Cubao
Quezon City
911-3053

Twin Pines Inc. (Casa Armas in wolf's clothing)
Unit 25, 2nd Floor, Ali Mall,
Araneta Center, Cubao
Quezon City
911-1296
912-0269
911-1331

Amateurknight
08-10-2005, 16:07
Reliable is now Force-Site or Force aim pero same store.(change name lang.)

i_am_infinity
08-10-2005, 22:22

Twinpines have alot of Mccormick products, try seeing them at makati cinema square. or look for the trust trade at makati cinema also they have a few selection of cheap priced 1911 parts (wilson, EB, Caspian, etc...)

batangueno
08-11-2005, 02:37
My gunsmith told me that from their experience the CMC parts are no good. Magpapalit ka na rin lang eh di yung maganda na. ;f

Arpee
08-11-2005, 03:03
I appreciate your inputs. I'll probably be asking for Ed Brown, STI, Wilson.

I've read of other products in previous threads (i.e EGW) and will try to look for them also. Unfortunately malakas ulan ngayon so my search for pistol parts will have to wait till next week.

But at least I'll be able to know what stors to go now.

vega
08-13-2005, 20:52
Originally posted by batangueno
My gunsmith told me that from their experience the CMC parts are no good. Magpapalit ka na rin lang eh di yung maganda na. ;f
I have 2 10-rounder CMC mags which I don't have a problem. Hey guys, I heard years ago there's a local gun store who sells fake CMC mags, any of you heard this? The store is located in Mandaluyong.

vega

Nano Cacho III
09-11-2005, 09:28
No matter what M1911 brand you buy, from NORINCO, Armscor Colt, SA there are some parts that are critical and some that are not. Critical: Extractor - Wilson Combat Bulletproof is The Best, Disconnector - Brown/Wilson/STI, Sear for Colts - Ed Brown, Para - STI. Aside from these three you can pretty much get local parts and have a good smith fit them properly. They can even "build up" armscor beavertails and hammers to look like Ed Brown stuff. If your buying a Foreign Brand gun ie Colt, Para etc you don't have to change too many parts, unless your doing it for comfort or aesthitics. Do Not Get Carried away by the fads (Uso). Many people have stuff done that are not neccessary for reliability, but admittedly good for aesthetics. Now COMPETITION guns are a very different story entirely!

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Nano

Valor1
09-11-2005, 16:12
Personally, if I have an Armscor pistol, I'll definitely change the following parts:
- Trigger = get a lightweight aluminum like Kings, Ed Brown, Chip McCormick
- Disconnector = Ed Brown, Wilson or STI
- Sear = Ed Brown's Perfection Sear, STI or Wilson Combat Bulletproof
- Hammer = Ed Brown Hardcore, STI or Wilson Bulletproof
- Extractor = Ed Brown Hardcore or Wilson Bulletproof
- Ejector = also from the same names

Critical kasi ang mga parts na iyan para sa magandang trigger at addtional reliability (ejection and extraction).

Punta ka ng Makati Cinema Square, tabi-tabi sila gunstores. Tapos ipon ka for the gunshow this november. Ciao

maomanila
09-12-2005, 03:11
Valor1

Tuloy na tuloy ba GunShow sa Nov?

Salamat.