Need Advise fellow BOGS [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : Need Advise fellow BOGS

08-09-2005, 20:09
Good day fellow BOGS

If you all remember a few months back (november actually -man, its been so long), I asked for advice on where to get my fiream, type of firearm etc and you all graciously helped me by pointing me in the right direction, you even invited me to join you in the ranges, an invitation I never had the opportunity to accept due to my hectic work sked.
Since then, I have only managed to dry-fire a lot () and have not yet gotten my license kasi nasa crame pa daw and di pa na-release. I am following up on it though, i sourced the license through the dealer i got the gun from.

Anyway, I might be leaving for Korea sometime soon-on a MS scholarship from a university , im just waiting for the official papers to arrive. And Ill be studying for 2 years, I will still be coming back home for the occasional break though.
Now my question is, what do you think I should do with regards to my glock? Selling is out of the question hehehe :D
Should I :
A) Have the license transferred to my sisters name?
b) keep it locked at home till when I get back and have it renewed still under my name?

suggestions are most welcome :)



08-09-2005, 20:37
You mean you're card type license still hasn't been released since last November? I'm assuming that you at least have the paper license, since the gun is already in your possession.

Anyway, unless your sister is also into shooting and is willing to take responsiblity for your pistol, I would suggest keeping the license in your name, and keeping the gun locked up at home until you get back. Keeping the gun in your name won't cause any problems as long as the gun remains at the residence address indicated in your license.

OTOH, if you'll be gone for a long time, you might want to instruct the other members of your household on how to use the gun in case of emergency, if you feel that they are capable of handling that sort of responsibility. Otherwise, just keep it locked up for everyone's safety.

Good luck with your studies :)

08-09-2005, 20:51
Check out local "reputable & stable" banks for a safe-deposit box. Dab oil on all contact surfaces and put it inside a cosmoline bag. Then ziploc everything before you put it in the box together with a copy of your license. For as long as you maintain your required balance or pay the yearly dues, they will not open the box.

This I think is the best way to secure your gun. As for the licensing, you have to ask the local BOGs because I don't know the laws there anymore.

Good luck in Korea and don't forget to turn on the vent when you cook kimchi!;e

08-10-2005, 20:41
Thanks so much for the quick replies and good advise sirs, it shall stay locked and in my name then :)

@mikey.. good call on the instructing family members, my mom used to shoot so ill prolly give her a heads-up on where its stored and how to access it in case of emergency. cheers :cool:

@riddler.. just a follow-up q, when you say contact points, which parts of the gun do you mean? (disclaimer: i do not know how to field strip yet and have been too scared that i might screw something up to try--- i can almost hear the sighs of disappointment ;g )
i remember from reading the posts here that some people use synthetic engine oil, would you recommend this?
thanks for the heads-up on the kimchi ;f

08-10-2005, 20:59
i remember from reading the posts here that some people use synthetic engine oil, would you recommend this?

I remember a friend that used synthetic oil to lube his gun and it ruined / stained the finish.

08-10-2005, 21:53
i've been using Synthetic motor oil (mobil1) so far for me i've had no bad experiences with it... just P2

Thanks po

Mang Danny
08-11-2005, 00:17
Wala bang FP-10 ( diyan sa atin?

08-11-2005, 04:22
its a glock....not a it in wherever, however etc. it wont rust:cool:

08-11-2005, 08:17
Whew, I tought another friend thread.;)

You already got good suggestions there. Question is how would you renew it?


08-12-2005, 02:35
Originally posted by vega
Whew, I tought another friend thread.;)


;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ^5 ^5 ^5

08-15-2005, 10:35
In my opinion, I think you should just keep the gun under your name and keep it locked in your home.

But you must field strip the gun first. Keep the barrel and recoil spring assembly separately stored. If you can remove the firing pin assembly, then remove it( I myself knows how to remove the firingpin and extractor assemblies, and the extractor, and firing pin safety with the aid of a Glock Armorer's Manual ) Store the firingpin assembly seperately along with the barrel and recoil spring assembly. That way, if anyone finds your gun during your absence, he or she can not use it. You must be concern about anyone using your Glock during your absense. If it is registered in your name, you alone can use it.
You must not allow anyone ( even your brother or sister )to use your Glock because it is registered under your name. If your brother/sister want to use it for home defense,then transfer its ownership to him/her first before you leave.

And do not forget to put some oil on your Glock before you leave.

Just my humble opinion.

08-15-2005, 19:40
As per Phil law (I think), anyone living under the same roof and a direct family can use the FA for self-defense. Of course you must have a good lawyer to defend you. IMO.


08-16-2005, 00:59
Originally posted by vega
As per Phil law (I think), anyone living under the same roof and a direct family can use the FA for self-defense...

This is my understanding of Philippine law too.

As long as the firearm is at the address indicated in the license, then your family members shouldn't have a problem with this issue in court.

Perhaps our lawyer BoGs would care to chime in regarding this question.