GLOCK's $100 off Military/LE Discount now also includes EMS/Fire [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK's $100 off Military/LE Discount now also includes EMS/Fire

Pages : [1] 2 3

AggiePhil
08-10-2005, 14:29
Thought some of you guys might want to know that GLOCK is now offering its $100 off Military/LE discount to people in EMS/fire/security. I called them at (770) 432-1202 and confirmed it. They said, "Yeah, it falls under Homeland Security". So EMS folk, if you want to buy a GLOCK under this discount, just call GLOCK at the number above, get a list of "GLOCK Law Enforcement Dealers" in your state, and you'll be good to go. I'm getting me a GLOCK 19 in a few days. :cool: Later on.

TerraMedicX
08-12-2005, 13:01
Anyone know if any other companies are doing this? Or maybe if you could use the Glock deal to talk another company into giving you a deal? I would be particularly interested in an H&K USPc.

Nate.

ClydeG19
08-13-2005, 06:30
Don't know about you guys, but I don't do it for discounts. I'll pay full price like anyone else.

AggiePhil
08-13-2005, 06:35
Originally posted by ClydeG19
Don't know about you guys, but I don't do it for discounts. I'll pay full price like anyone else.
Hey, to each his own. I, on the other hand, find no shame in taking full advantage of the discount being offered. After working for $9 an hour and getting little to no thanks, I think I'll take what's being given. ;f

oldstyle
08-13-2005, 12:12
So, what kind of price does LE actually get? Anyone know an actual dollar amount?

AggiePhil
08-13-2005, 13:35
Most GLOCKs are $400. .45s and 10mms are $465. Tactical/Practicals are $480. GAPs are $415. All come with 3 standard cap mags too. :)

Sniper 7.62
08-13-2005, 16:49
Originally posted by AggiePhil
Most GLOCKs are $400. .45s and 10mms are $465. Tactical/Practicals are $480. GAPs are $415. All come with 3 standard cap mags too. :)

Glock is doing this because WE (Fire EMS Ect) fall under the Home Land Security Act ) so Glock is offering LE priceing for us now :) there is no shame in taking advantage of a great gun at a great price.

Sniper
--------------------------------
Westmoreland Shooters Supply
555 Valley Lane
Mt Pleasant,PA 15666
724-331-1255 SW/PA

AggiePhil
08-13-2005, 16:53
Originally posted by Sniper 7.62
Glock is doing this because WE (Fire EMS Ect) fall under the Home Land Security Act
And what does the Homeland Security Act do?

DaleGribble
08-15-2005, 09:21
And what does the Homeland Security Act do?

Get you a cheap Glock!

When I was in LE I paid $398 for a G17 with regular sights back in 2001!

*EDIT*

Just got off the phone with my state's LE dealer and they confirmed it. They said a copy of your National Registry card or state cert card is all that is needed!

4TS&W
08-15-2005, 09:41
Is there anywhere to see the full contents of this offer online or anywhere else? I would like to print it out to show my Medic neighbor, so maybe he can pass it along to his shop.

Sniper 7.62
08-15-2005, 13:57
Originally posted by 4TS&W
Is there anywhere to see the full contents of this offer online or anywhere else? I would like to print it out to show my Medic neighbor, so maybe he can pass it along to his shop.

Just find your local Glock Dis, they will tell you what is needed, Letter head from your Dept. Ect.

Glock is the only gun mfg to offer LE price to Fire,Ems Ect.

GO Glock :)

SLIDER in KY
08-16-2005, 15:17
Have to see if I can locate a LE Dealer here in KY.

AggiePhil
08-16-2005, 15:25
Originally posted by 4TS&W
Just print out this thread and give it to him. My first post has all the details he will need, but there's a post a little further down where I listed the main prices. You can also print out the full order form LOCATED HERE (http://home.earthlink.net/~anonymousjunk/I_O_Form_2005_2.doc) so he can see the prices for other accessories and options. Aside from that, he shouldn't need to pass anything along to his shop. He needs to call GLOCK and then call his state's GLOCK LE Dealer.

obxprnstar
08-16-2005, 23:16
Originally posted by ClydeG19
Don't know about you guys, but I don't do it for discounts. I'll pay full price like anyone else. While I don't do the job for discounts, it is nice to know that someone appreciates us for doing it.

jim2037
08-19-2005, 15:00
Originally posted by obxprnstar
While I don't do the job for discounts, it is nice to know that someone appreciates us for doing it.

+1

Jim

EMT-P

Skintop911
08-19-2005, 17:33
+1. Let's not poo-poo a nice gesture by Glock.

Charlie Fox
09-02-2005, 14:51
My dad made me an honorary member of the NPR Club (Never Pay Retail) years ago - I'll take any breaks I can get!;)

indigent
09-03-2005, 20:14
Can I stack my FF and EMT certs and get $200 off?

;f

obxprnstar
09-03-2005, 20:19
Originally posted by indigent
Can I stack my FF and EMT certs and get $200 off?

;f You get an "A" for effort.

newbirdhunter
09-07-2005, 09:29
How long is this discount in effect?

Sniper 7.62
09-07-2005, 10:21
Originally posted by newbirdhunter

As long as you are active with H.L.S.

AggiePhil
09-07-2005, 10:55
Originally posted by newbirdhunter
There is no timeframe on this. It will be going on as long as GLOCK sees fit, probably forever. But hey...don't take my word for it...buy em all now while you can!!!
^5

Lycanfire
10-11-2005, 05:16
Very strange dealings at my Glock LE dealer. I called Glock and got the information and where to go. I went yesterday. They claimed they knew nothing about it. I gave them the phone number for Glock and extension number to the right person. What happened after that was strange. I did not get a LE model, but got their LE price. I filled out the paperwork and paid for it and walked out with it all within 30 minutes. No wait period. A LEO came in and purchased a new Glock LE model and was told he had to come back in 3 days to pick it up.

Lasermax will be here in a two days for it. I am also using MagSafe ammo.

SLIDER in KY
10-11-2005, 12:08
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for it? I'm hearing conflicting reports on the prices.

Lycanfire
10-12-2005, 06:43
First I searched around here. One dealer was $569. Another was $589. Both prices were for a Glock 27. I got it for $449 (including tax - it was $414.95 without the tax added) using the phone number and finding a LE dealer. The dealer I used was about 60 miles from where I live, but even with the price of gas, I saved using it.

wot_racing
11-01-2005, 18:44
Originally posted by SLIDER in KY
Have to see if I can locate a LE Dealer here in KY.

I am in Southest kentucky, and went to a local gun shop.. we called glock and it indeed is offered, but only to LE supliers as stated above.. Closest to me in SE Kentucky was Keislers in indiana.. 812-284-4867.. you have to ask to talk to vanessa...

gruntmedik
11-01-2005, 20:29
Bluegrass Indoor Shooting Range in Louisville also honors the EMS discount, with the prices published here. I ordered my G35 from them. The only downside is they don't have a large in-store selection. It is where the old Ray's indoor range was. PM me if you need directions.

SLIDER in KY
11-01-2005, 22:09
How much was the G-35? I'm just southeast of Bowling Green. May be worth the drive!!!

emt1581
11-02-2005, 00:03
I took a look at that form and I can't find any part where it specifies Fire/EMS personnel. Since the morons at the local gun shop will most likely give me a hard time about it, what written proof can I offer them that I (as an EMT) am eligible for the discount?

Also, it says that for fixed sights, a G26 would be $398. Is that a definite price or is it whatever the gun shop is selling the pistols for minus $100?

-Emt1581

AggiePhil
11-02-2005, 00:30
Originally posted by emt1581
I took a look at that form and I can't find any part where it specifies Fire/EMS personnel. Since the morons at the local gun shop will most likely give me a hard time about it, what written proof can I offer them that I (as an EMT) am eligible for the discount?
Have you tried it yet? I don't think you'll have a problem, and if you do, have the number to GLOCK in Smyrna with you. They will confirm for the store that this deal is good, if in fact the store is one of the few real GLOCK LE dealers.

Also, it says that for fixed sights, a G26 would be $398. Is that a definite price or is it whatever the gun shop is selling the pistols for minus $100?
Let's think about this for a minute... $398 means $398. If it were otherwise, they wouldn't put $398. :)

emt1581
11-02-2005, 00:33
Thanks, had to ask. You'd be suprised what kinda crap gun shops have tried to pull on me in the past because of my age.;) Which is why I always do my homework before making purchases.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Lycanfire
11-02-2005, 05:33
I figured I would run into the same thing. I called the dealer first and of course they knew nothing about it. I called Glock back and they told me to tell them to call them and they would explain it to them. I went, they refused, they called, I walked out with a new Glock.

My only question is with this 'deal' do we get the LE model or the civilian model? I was sold and given the civilian model. Cannot complain the price was still great, however I would have like to get the LE model the next time.

IDtheTarget
11-02-2005, 05:45
Originally posted by Lycanfire
I figured I would run into the same thing. I called the dealer first and of course they knew nothing about it. I called Glock back and they told me to tell them to call them and they would explain it to them. I went, they refused, they called, I walked out with a new Glock.

My only question is with this 'deal' do we get the LE model or the civilian model? I was sold and given the civilian model. Cannot complain the price was still great, however I would have like to get the LE model the next time.

I'm National Guard, not EMS (any longer, I was NREMT 12 years ago in CA), and I called Glock and my local LEO distributor. We're supposed to get the LEO version, with three magazines and all. If you got the civilian model, it's probably because that's all they had in stock. Me, I'm waiting for the LEO model to come into my local distributor...

I'm looking at $460 for a G19 with Mepro's installed... ^7 ^7 ;3 ;3 ;j ;j

And no, I don't do it for the money either, which is a good thing considering what we get paid! So I have no qualms whatsoever on taking Glock up on their generous offer. I gotta tell you, until recently I was a big Sig fan, but Glock has cemented my allegiance! :)

gruntmedik
11-02-2005, 09:34
How much was the G-35? I'm just southeast of Bowling Green. May be worth the drive!!!

G35--with 3 LEO Mags, and 2 extra mags was $545.59 total. G35 alone is $480 + tax. All they need from you is your EMT/EMT-P card or FF ID to make a copy. Like I said, they didn't have much of a selection in stock, so mine was ordered--no big deal, I'm a patient man.;f

MrWithasee
11-21-2005, 17:31
Originally posted by gruntmedik
G35--with 3 LEO Mags, and 2 extra mags was $545.59 total. G35 alone is $480 + tax. All they need from you is your EMT/EMT-P card or FF ID to make a copy. Like I said, they didn't have much of a selection in stock, so mine was ordered--no big deal, I'm a patient man.;f

How long did it take to get your G35? I recently ordered a G31 from an LEO dealer in Richmond, VA and the very nice woman stated she did not have any idea how long it would take Glock to ship it to her. Thanks

MrWithasee
11-21-2005, 17:34
Originally posted by Lycanfire

Other than the number of mags, what is the difference between the civilian and LEO models?

gruntmedik
11-21-2005, 17:36
I'm still waiting, but like I said, I'm patient. Besides, my focus has been on Deer hunting lately;f

breech
12-02-2005, 13:09
Update for those still interested...

I just got off the phone with Glock's LE sales dept. The "deal" is still going on for Fire/EMS guys. You have to get the gun through Glock's list of 'distributors' and they are aware of the discount. If you need a list of local distributors, give them a call.
I spoke with Amanda Rodriguez at ext. 227.

allanteman
12-04-2005, 19:00
Does anyone know if this discount applies for people who work for EMS companies but are not EMTs, EMT-Ps, etc?? I'm a helicopter pilot for an air ambulance service. I should be able to get the discount, shouldn't I?? If I can't get it, my wife is an ER nurse--would she be able to get it?

Thanks!

MrWithasee
12-20-2005, 14:37
Originally posted by allanteman
Does anyone know if this discount applies for people who work for EMS companies but are not EMTs, EMT-Ps, etc?? I'm a helicopter pilot for an air ambulance service. I should be able to get the discount, shouldn't I?? If I can't get it, my wife is an ER nurse--would she be able to get it?

Thanks!

I'm no expert on Glock policies but as it was explained to me, I would say no to both you and your wife. Again I may be wrong. Glock explained to me that it was for firefighters, emt/patamedics, law enforcement, and military tyes only. Please don't take my word for it exclusively, call Glock and they will be more than happy to give you the low down.

swavy00
12-24-2005, 13:13
I just got a G26 for the wife for Christmas in Oklahoma for $319. I appreciate Glock doing this for us and I don't mind taking advantage of it. Merry Christmas to all! Remember our troops!

dogboy
01-07-2006, 23:21
How about registered nurses? I work in the ER????;P

AggiePhil
01-07-2006, 23:23
'fraid not.

SLIDER in KY
01-08-2006, 20:22
I'd like to find one of the "$319" prices. The only Glock LEO dealer that I talked to in Kentucky quoted a price of $398 for the 9mm and 40's.

TatonkaJack
01-27-2006, 08:57
Well after reading this thread, I called Glock to confirm everything. All true! I live in the Orlando, FL area and after called the local LE Glock dealer he told me that he does honor the Glock discount program as it applies to EMS and Fire. 9mm / .40 / .357 Sig prices are $398.20 and .45 are $414. All they needed for employment verification is a Work ID card and recent pay stub. Awesome! I am well on my way to getting my OD Green Glock 19. (hey that rhymes!) Thanks to everyone who did the research and found this out for the rest of us. Thanks!

AggiePhil
01-27-2006, 09:07
You're very welcome. :)

00blkgt
02-02-2006, 19:29
Yes thanks everyone, learning this info made me order a new 19 today.
J:cool:

breech
02-11-2006, 14:09
For anyone in the Texas area I just bought my G35 from GT Distributors in Austin. The tranasction was painless. I presented my DL, CHL, and state cert card. That was it. I was in and out of there in less than 15 minutes. The price was extra nice. Thanks Glock!
:cool:

Sweater
02-11-2006, 19:53
Im a Correction Nurse that work in the county jail, GLOCK gave me a discount.I think it depends on your dealer, Got my Glock #19 with #3 mags 15 cap.for $409 plus tax.

Sweater
02-11-2006, 19:55
Originally posted by Sweater
Im a Correction Nurse that work in the county jail, GLOCK gave me a discount.I think it depends on your dealer, Got my Glock #19 with #3 mags 15 cap.for $409 plus tax. KIMBER LE, KIMBER DESERT WARRIOR, KIMBER GRAND RAPTOR, and GLOCK #19

breech
02-11-2006, 21:37
Originally posted by Sweater
Im a Correction Nurse that work in the county jail, GLOCK gave me a discount.I think it depends on your dealer, Got my Glock #19 with #3 mags 15 cap.for $409 plus tax.

I think that's slighty higher than the true LE price. IIRC it's $398.xx Not that big of a difference..

Sweater
02-12-2006, 13:36
I think $409 is still cheaper than $500.

MossyOak
02-15-2006, 20:39
How did you go about getting this discount Sweater? Did you just call them or what?

Seems this discount would be good for all healthcare workers then??

AggiePhil
02-15-2006, 21:34
This is getting a bit out of hand. ;g

breech
02-16-2006, 06:37
Originally posted by MossyOak
How did you go about getting this discount Sweater? Did you just call them or what?

Seems this discount would be good for all healthcare workers then??

Call Glock and ask for their LE Sales Dept and ask for a list of your nearest participating distributors. Bring your credentials to the store and that's it.
Here's the list from GT Distributors in Austin, TX and who they can sell their Glocks to per their contract with Glock.

Law Enforcement and Correction Officers, Cadets, and Agencies
Licensed Security Officers or Agencies
Military Personnel-active duty, retired, and reserve
EMS Personnel
Fire Personnel
TSA Personnel
Commercial Pilots

AggiePhil
02-17-2006, 06:50
I would prefer that we not abuse the privilege and have every Tom, Dick, and Harry gun enthusiast that has a connection to the health care field trying to take advantage of the EMS discount. On the other hand, part of me says that if GLOCK wanted to, they could just place tighter restrictions on the offer. However another part of me worries that they might instead just say, "Well, if we let some of them have it, we have to let them all have it...so let's not have it at all."

toddthecat
02-20-2006, 22:19
Does level of EMT certification matter? Do you have to work for hire in a department or is volunteer ok?

Blitzer
02-20-2006, 22:54
I was told a photo ID identifing your role as Military on active duty, LEO, EMS, Fire fighter, disabled vet, retired vet, etc. etc. etc.. ;)

Call Glock's sales department and ask the question if you are not sure, it is in this thread.

toddthecat
02-21-2006, 17:02
Awesome I can pick up a new G17 for $393.95. I can't believe I was about to pay $400 for a very lightly, yet used, G17....

I don't think it's a bad thing to take advantage of a discount like this. It is definitely a nice gesture...

AggiePhil
02-21-2006, 19:40
Todd, what do you do?

Ankeny
02-21-2006, 20:40
Call Glock and ask for their LE Sales Dept and ask for a list of your nearest participating distributors. Bring your credentials to the store and that's it.

I wish it were that simple. There is no LE dealer in the entire state of Wyoming. LEO's go to the nearest dealer in Colorado. Unfortunately, fire fighters can't purchase out of state. Kind of ticks me off.

toddthecat
02-21-2006, 21:31
I'm a volunteer EMT finishing up degrees in psychology and spanish. Right now I'm in the hiring process for a position as a border patrol agent. Just starting the process for Colorado State Patrol too.

Tecumseh
02-21-2006, 23:16
Originally posted by TerraMedicX
Anyone know if any other companies are doing this? Or maybe if you could use the Glock deal to talk another company into giving you a deal? I would be particularly interested in an H&K USPc.

Nate.

www.ordnanceoutsellers.com usually has a LEO/MIL deal. Perhaps you could work something out with James. I dont know for sure. However they are a top notch outfit. Or try www.policeguns.net

e1harris
02-24-2006, 13:39
Just picked up my GLOCK 19 w/ Night sights & 3 hi-cap mags at GT Distributers in Austin Texas for $458.20 with the LE "Hero" program discount.

In and out in about 40 minutes.

bulldog18
02-25-2006, 14:41
My LEO price in May of 2001...
G-21 with 4 13rds mags and MMC adj n/s $650.00
G-30 with 2 10rds mags with adj Glock sights $410.00

RedRyder21
03-05-2006, 06:28
Does anyone know where or if there are any Glock LE distributors in Missouri?

I work EMS and the local Gas Station gives up free fountain sodas. I usually pay for mine anyway, but I have had a VERY crummy week at work. Its not burnout, but this last month has been very thankless if you know what I mean.

I am going to take Glock up on there deal. This will also be my first glock to!:)

e1harris
03-10-2006, 15:25
Call GLOCK @ 770-432-1202. They can direct you to a dealer.

DScottHewitt
03-11-2006, 07:45
Originally posted by MrWithasee
Other than the number of mags, what is the difference between the civilian and LEO models?

About it, I think.....

Scott

;b

DScottHewitt
03-11-2006, 07:50
Hope my local dealer is a LEO supplier. But worth a little travel to save money.

Scott

;b

DScottHewitt
03-11-2006, 07:54
Just print out this thread and give it to him. My first post has all the details he will need, but there's a post a little further down where I listed the main prices. You can also print out the full order form LOCATED HERE (http://home.earthlink.net/~anonymousjunk/I_O_Form_2005_2.doc) so he can see the prices for other accessories and options. Aside from that, he shouldn't need to pass anything along to his shop. He needs to call GLOCK and then call his state's GLOCK LE Dealer.

It says magazines are $16.00 each. Just specify model. That include G-18 magazines?!?!?

Scott

;b

allanteman
03-13-2006, 09:53
Originally posted by RedRyder21
Does anyone know where or if there are any Glock LE distributors in Missouri?

None in Missouri. OMB in Lenexa, KS (www.ombps.com) is the nearest and they frequently deal with St. Louis Arms in St. Charles, MO if you are in the STL metro area. Otherwise, they'll ship to any FFL for $25 plus that person's fee.

I've found the average going rates w/ fixed sights to be about:

$398 - 9mm, 40S&W, .357sig
$420 - .45GAPs
$464 - .45ACP & 10mm
$480 - long slide 9mm & 40S&W (34 & 35)

Add $50 for the Glock night sights and $70 for the Trijicons.

TO EVERYONE: Can anyone list the distributors who offered LE prices lower than the standard prices???

Ryder102
03-13-2006, 12:49
Can you get the OD Green models with the LE discount?

allanteman
03-14-2006, 07:18
Originally posted by Ryder102
Can you get the OD Green models with the LE discount?

The order form that AggiePhil posted (or just go up three posts to DScottHewitt and click on "LOCATED HERE") showed that OD green could be ordered. It didn't have a price next to it, so I assume it was free.

Also, you can get the Compensated models for an extra $24 for 9mm & 40s, and $44 for the 10mm and .45ACP. They also have all the accessories at a pretty good discount. You pick the trigger setup too.

So far, all the distributors I've seen or called, require a letter from your supervisor/boss/chief saying this is for official use and you're not buying it for personal use or to resell it.

AggiePhil
03-14-2006, 12:13
So far, all the distributors I've seen or called, require a letter from your supervisor/boss/chief saying this is for official use and you're not buying it for personal use or to resell it.
I've never had that experience and honestly, if that's the case, GLOCK needs to know about these distributors. The progam isn't designed for fire and EMS workers who are going to carry their guns at work. It's just meant to be a "thank you" type program.
:soap:

allanteman
03-16-2006, 06:15
I've never had that experience and honestly, if that's the case, GLOCK needs to know about these distributors. The progam isn't designed for fire and EMS workers who are going to carry their guns at work. It's just meant to be a "thank you" type program.
:soap:

So did anyone go through a distributor that didn't make you sign one of these forms? All of these sample letters have lots of words like "official use", "authorized", "officer", "law enforcement", "not for personal use", etc. My company definitely wouldn't sign one of these even if I was authorized to carry on duty because of the liability.

Please post any names and numbers of EMS friendly Glock distributors who understand this program better.

My problem on the other end is finding an FFL in Missouri that will do the transfer who doesn't want big $$$$ to do it. One guy wanted 30% of the sale price.....geeeeeez. Five or six years ago I was paying about $25-30; and I thought that was high! Most want overnight shipping (which is understandable) but after that and the transfer cost, your better off just buying it at the local gun shop.

Thanks for the help!

AggiePhil
03-16-2006, 10:20
There is no "not for personal use" form. Rather, I think that there was a form where you said that it WAS for personal use (meaning, not to be sold or given to someone else). Look, don't be scared off by any forms. GLOCK says that as EMS personnel, you're entitled to their LE discount. Go to whichever dealer GLOCK refers you to with your EMT cert card (and/or your work ID/name badge) and tell them you need a "LE GLOCK 19" (or whatever model you want). Take GLOCK's phone number with you in case they give you flack and you have to call GLOCK on your cell phone.

allanteman
03-16-2006, 15:21
There is no "not for personal use" form. Rather, I think that there was a form where you said that it WAS for personal use (meaning, not to be sold or given to someone else). Look, don't be scared off by any forms. GLOCK says that as EMS personnel, you're entitled to their LE discount. Go to whichever dealer GLOCK refers you to with your EMT cert card (and/or your work ID/name badge) and tell them you need a "LE GLOCK 19" (or whatever model you want). Take GLOCK's phone number with you in case they give you flack and you have to call GLOCK on your cell phone.

The guy that did my CCW class put me in touch with an FFL buddy of his who is going to do the transfer for me. I can't meet up with him until a week from this Friday, so I'll post the results when I get them.

In regards to the forms and paperwork from Glock......Here are the "Sample Letters" I was directed to by two of the distributors I spoke with:

http://www.ombps.com/guns/SampleLetter2.dot "...device is not being acquired for personal use..."

http://www.gtdist.com/Forms/FirearmSample.html "...the weapon(s) or device(s) is/are not being acquired for personal use..."

Both of these sample letters are REQUIRED for purchase and are obviously written for law enforcement. I told them I was EMS and they said they still needed this letter signed by my supervisor.

Perhaps I got someone who didn't know about the Homeland Security discount versus the LEO discount in both cases.

AggiePhil
03-16-2006, 15:30
Nah, that must all be dated. I haven't seen the GLOCK LE dealers using that form now. Maybe things are just different in...whatever state you're in. ;)

DScottHewitt
03-17-2006, 11:34
The guy that did my CCW class put me in touch with an FFL buddy of his who is going to do the transfer for me. I can't meet up with him until a week from this Friday, so I'll post the results when I get them.

In regards to the forms and paperwork from Glock......Here are the "Sample Letters" I was directed to by two of the distributors I spoke with:

http://www.ombps.com/guns/SampleLetter2.dot "...device is not being acquired for personal use..."

http://www.gtdist.com/Forms/FirearmSample.html "...the weapon(s) or device(s) is/are not being acquired for personal use..."

Both of these sample letters are REQUIRED for purchase and are obviously written for law enforcement. I told them I was EMS and they said they still needed this letter signed by my supervisor.

Perhaps I got someone who didn't know about the Homeland Security discount versus the LEO discount in both cases.

Might be hard to get a fire chief or rescue captain to sign oof that you are buying the firearm for on duty use.....

Scott

PDogSniper
03-19-2006, 19:30
I talked to our local police supply and they told me that only ID is required by them... Me being a SO, I don't really have an ID from my employer as I'm private contract. They weren't overly concerned about that...

midnitemarauder
03-23-2006, 20:09
I'm a volunteer firefighter here in Northern VA. I called Glock...confirmed the discount and they gave me the distributor. About 40 minutes later with a fire department id, driver's license, vehicle registration and background check I had a G23 with Trijicon night sights and 3 Mags (13) for $503 including tax.

AggiePhil
03-23-2006, 20:55
Midnightmarauder knows how it's done! :supergrin:

Ankeny
03-23-2006, 21:20
It's still a crying shame that the 5,000 plus volunteer fire fighters in Wyoming are SOL. Grrrrr...ticks me off.

Joey
03-23-2006, 22:02
Originally posted by Ankeny
I wish it were that simple. There is no LE dealer in the entire state of Wyoming. LEO's go to the nearest dealer in Colorado. Unfortunately, fire fighters can't purchase out of state. Kind of ticks me off.

Why????

I purchased a Sig out of state & had it shipped to a FFL here who did the paperwork.

Ya would think Glock would do the same thing as long as they had a copy of you're credentials prior to shipping to the FFL.

CSNeoM4A1
03-24-2006, 15:01
Got a G26 with Trijicon night sights and 2 mags for ~ $515 with the EMS discount here in AZ. Subcompacts = 2 mags, everything else = 3

Just showed Drivers license, NREMT card, and CCW.

FireCaptDave
03-25-2006, 18:28
This discount had been going on for a while...is it still good?

AggiePhil
03-25-2006, 18:33
Of course it's still good, it's not a limited time offer. :)

mclark
03-26-2006, 05:35
I'm an EMT with an agency in Richmond, Va. I'm currently in Florida finishing college, and working full time for a PD/FD dispatch. I am still a member with my agency in VA and still ride there when I'm home as long as I keep my certs up. Do you all think I'll have a problem trying to get the discount purchasing the gun in FL (I live here..have for over a year..Florida drivers license, etc.) with a VA EMT certification? If so, would the dispatching help even though I'm not sworn? Thanks for your time.

CSNeoM4A1
03-26-2006, 09:20
You have to call the LE supplier in Florida and ask what proof (ID, EMT cert, NREMT cert, work ID, letterhead, etc) is needed. For me, all I needed was my NREMT certification card.

Ankeny
03-26-2006, 19:14
Ya would think Glock would do the same thing as long as they had a copy of you're credentials prior to shipping to the FFL.

One would think so, but I struck out going down that road.

Joey
03-26-2006, 19:55
Originally posted by Ankeny
One would think so, but I struck out going down that road.

Thats ok, I've been playing with a Springfield XD and it fits my had much better and I like it better than Glock:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Now if Springfield just had the same offer :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley:

NYtoVA
03-29-2006, 09:05
I bought a Glock 23 yesterday using the EMS discount. I tried the 19 & 23 and shot better w/ the 23 so that's the one I picked. They had to order it since they didn't have one w/ night sights.

It's my first Glock, so any suggestions on type and where to buy inexpensive ammo for practice. I'll buy 500 - 1000 qty to get a good price.

Thanks to this thread for the info on the discount program.

midnitemarauder
03-30-2006, 09:37
http://www.natchezss.com/

Better prices when you buy 10 or more boxes...

I just placed an order myself!

Teufel-Texan
03-31-2006, 17:05
placed an order for a 19 and 26 from "Just Glocks" in Copperas Cove, Texas, yesterday. The gentleman there was VERY knowledgeable about the discount program (immediately asked if I was LE, Paramedic, FF, etc). This is just outside Fort Hood, so I am sure that he has the skinny on Mil sales as well. No "personal use" forms, just xeroxed my DL, Paramedic Cert. card and my CHL (CHL just for good measure, was not asked to) and sent payment. Says he will ship immediately upon receipt of of funds.

He also had both weapons in stock with Night Sights (been a bear to find both in stock at a LE Dealer).

They were immediately willing to ship to FFL (both pistols for $19 combined). I have no reason to believe that shipping won't be as promised. As long as it is, this dealer sounds like a good option for those of you thinking of going this route - especially if you are having difficulty finding the models you want.

BTW - had to pay sales tax (due to FFL is in TX as well). Weapons with Night sights, Sales tax and shipping was $1,004.xx.

AggiePhil
03-31-2006, 17:11
Sweet! :cool:

DScottHewitt
04-11-2006, 09:19
Getting an extra $2800 back. Gonna check on a CHP this week at the Sherriff's office. Like to get a pair (alas I live in Virginny) of G-34s. THinking OD frames.....

Scott

:alien:

lexmedic157
04-11-2006, 09:35
midnitemarauder
What dealer did you use in NOVa?

oldironman
04-12-2006, 20:06
Dang it, I wish I had seen this thread before I bought my G27 2 weeks ago - I could have save $100. Maybe. I'm industrial FF for a chemical co. For some reason we don't get the kind of discount and breaks as the others. They figure our company can buy what we need. They have no idea how CHEAP my company is. I didn't read all 4 pages. Anyone here in the same boat?

jbirdsparky
04-21-2006, 09:58
No go in Minnesota. Called Glock, got the only LE dealer in Minnesota called Streichers. Asked them about the EMS/FF discount and they said that they couldn't even sell to me. Asked what the price would be if they could sell and they said $465 plus tax. Topglock.com seems to be the best deal around the Twin Cities anyway...bummer...

AggiePhil
04-21-2006, 13:43
Originally posted by jbirdsparky
No go in Minnesota. Called Glock, got the only LE dealer in Minnesota called Streichers. Asked them about the EMS/FF discount and they said that they couldn't even sell to me. Asked what the price would be if they could sell and they said $465 plus tax. Topglock.com seems to be the best deal around the Twin Cities anyway...bummer...
Assuming that you truly are FF/EMS, Streicher's is violating GLOCK's policy. GLOCK won't be happy about this. Call GLOCK at the number listed in my original post and tell them this. They will take care of business. This is NOT a dealer discretion type program. :frown:

NYtoVA
04-21-2006, 17:00
You may want to ask other stores that sell Glock. I called Glock and they gave me 2 stores in my area that handled the LE/Mil deals but my favorite store was not one of them.

I stopped by my favorite store and mentioned that I was buying a Glock under the EMS program but Glock didn't give me their name as a dealer. They were a bit unhappy w/ Glock for not listing them, took my info and money, and ordered my G23 under the program. Had the G23 in 1 1/2 wks.

FS

jbirdsparky
04-24-2006, 09:02
It's a go in Minnesota. Called Amanda Rodriguez at Glock, and she called Streichers for me. They called me back an hour later and said, "oops"! I will know for sure this week when and if the order goes through. Thanks Glock!!

jbirdsparky
04-24-2006, 09:05
Oh yeah, and a big thanks to AggiePhil!

AggiePhil
04-24-2006, 12:08
Awesome. :cool:

PeterJasonMN
04-28-2006, 00:18
For EMS do you have to be an EMT on up?

I have my First Responder certification. :supergrin:

never2safe
04-30-2006, 17:06
My understanding is that you need to work civil service which as a first responder you should be good to go. Good luck.

tommytrauma
05-07-2006, 15:19
Originally posted by PeterJasonMN
For EMS do you have to be an EMT on up?

I have my First Responder certification. :supergrin:

Do you function as a first responder?

itjisfo
05-10-2006, 16:43
I spoke to glock they said the discount is 150.00 bucks now !!!!
I be picking up a 19 this weekend ...

AggiePhil
05-11-2006, 05:32
Originally posted by itjisfo
If others could confirm that Law Enforcement pricing has indeed dropped to $150 off retail, that'd be great. Thanks.

itjisfo
05-13-2006, 19:51
picked up my new glock 17 with 3 10 round clips the other day with the discount it was 399.00 plus 15.00 for the instant check!!!! it is a pretty good deal and a hell of a nice gun ... I took it out for the first time today it shoots great for a stock gun!!!! Now i need to pick up some more clips!!!!!:cool:

never2safe
05-16-2006, 18:54
Picked up a G23 from Streichers in Minnesota for $440 plus tax. Must have when up from last years price at $399. Still a great deal.

paragod
05-18-2006, 12:59
levens gunworks
3760 w. farm road 92
springfield, mo 65803
417-833-6605

this is the only dealer in missouri. prices seem a little high, but if you live in missouri. this is your only option other then going through a ffl. so the prices are probably worth it.

they also honor the hero program discount for emt/ff.

they did say that gun orders are about 8-10 weeks out from delivery from time of order. but they do have some in stock depending on what you want.

AggiePhil
05-18-2006, 13:21
Originally posted by itjisfo
Can anyone else call GLOCK to confirm that Law Enforcement pricing has indeed dropped to $150 off retail??

NYtoVA
05-18-2006, 14:31
Originally posted by paragod
they did say that gun orders are about 8-10 weeks out My dealer told me 4-6 weeks when ordering under the program, but it only took about 2 weeks.
G-23 w/ night sights and 8 lb trigger for a bit over $500.

SLIDER in KY
05-22-2006, 22:22
Does anybody have any further info as to whether or not the discount is now $150 off????

allanteman
05-24-2006, 07:51
levens gunworks
3760 w. farm road 92
springfield, mo 65803
417-833-6605

this is the only dealer in missouri. prices seem a little high, but if you live in missouri. this is your only option other then going through a ffl. so the prices are probably worth it.

they also honor the hero program discount for emt/ff.

they did say that gun orders are about 8-10 weeks out from delivery from time of order. but they do have some in stock depending on what you want.

There are a TON of Glock dealers in Missouri....like 10+ in St. Louis area. There just aren't any LEO DISTRIBUTORS. You just need to find a dealer that deals with an LEO distributor that's willing to do the transfer for you. Or you can just order it directly from Glock and have it shipped to you friendly FFL. The guys at Top Gun in Arnold offered to do it for the published Glock price & shipping with a $35 transfer fee.

paragod
05-24-2006, 08:05
There are a TON of Glock dealers in Missouri....like 10+ in St. Louis area. There just aren't any LEO DISTRIBUTORS. You just need to find a dealer that deals with an LEO distributor that's willing to do the transfer for you. Or you can just order it directly from Glock and have it shipped to you friendly FFL. The guys at Top Gun in Arnold offered to do it for the published Glock price & shipping with a $35 transfer fee.

this IS a leo distributor, i got his info direct from glock.

BillyGlock
05-24-2006, 22:07
OMB Express Police Supply, Lenexa, KS (Kansas City)
They are the mid-west "master LE Glock distributor" ... And just good people to do business with.

These Glock pistols are priced at a discount for Law Enforcment officers (Police, Sheriff, State Patrol, Corrections, Military, Airline Pilots and Security.
G17 G19 G22 G23 G26 G27 Fixed Sights all $398.20 (plus tax and your FFL fees) Other Glock models and nights sights slighly higher. See their website...

Glock prices are slightly higher for the officer (398.20)than it is for the department (360-something)due to the fact that the officer must pay Federal Excise Tax (FET) even if they work FOR a department. This is a Federal tax on firearms equal to 10% of the price. Departments are exempt from this tax.

Check out their website. http://store.ombexpress.com/firearms-glock-officer.html

paragod
05-29-2006, 12:17
Originally posted by BillyGlock
They are the mid-west "master LE Glock distributor" ... And just good people to do business with.

These Glock pistols are priced at a discount for Law Enforcment officers (Police, Sheriff, State Patrol, Corrections, Military, Airline Pilots and Security.
G17 G19 G22 G23 G26 G27 Fixed Sights all $398.20 (plus tax and your FFL fees) Other Glock models and nights sights slighly higher. See their website...

Glock prices are slightly higher for the officer (398.20)than it is for the department (360-something)due to the fact that the officer must pay Federal Excise Tax (FET) even if they work FOR a department. This is a Federal tax on firearms equal to 10% of the price. Departments are exempt from this tax.

Check out their website. http://store.ombexpress.com/firearms-glock-officer.html

if you live in missouri isnt it illegal to purchase a firearm in ks???

allanteman
05-30-2006, 08:50
if you live in missouri isnt it illegal to purchase a firearm in ks???

Yes, but they're a distributor and they'll just ship to their dealer in your area, or to your friendly FFL. But, be ready to pay.....one jerk FFL in my area wants 30% of the sale price, most are more like $30-40.

furryrabbit
06-14-2006, 18:39
Okay so I know this a "glock" forum but since I was looking for a Rifle I emailed Springfield and asked them if they had the same deal. I was informed that LE gets a discount. When I replied again to clarify if FF/EMS do I never got a in response in two tries.

BamBam23
06-17-2006, 10:14
Originally posted by BillyGlock

I have to agree with you, I just bought my first glock from them using the fire/ems discount. The guy was great. He made sure I made the right choice for me(G17) and went over in great detail how to take care of and clean the gun.

gruntmedik
06-17-2006, 10:38
Well, I got my 2nd Glock with the discount in April from Bluegrass Indoor Range in Louisville. 1st was a G35 I ordered in Nov., and got in Feb. This one is a G27 for $398.20 +tax. They told me it would take 4-6wks to get, as they said they order all the LEO Glocks. I had it in hand in 15 days. I'm savin for a G21 now.:supergrin:

gorillamedic
06-23-2006, 15:10
Wish I had known about this 24 hours sooner. bought a g22 yesterday for $485. Could have done better. Oh well, I am here now and will know better next time.

jbirdsparky
06-26-2006, 08:26
Originally posted by never2safe
Picked up a G23 from Streichers in Minnesota for $440 plus tax. Must have when up from last years price at $399. Still a great deal.

I just bought a G26 from Streichers in MN for $398 using my EMT Certification. I don't know where the $150 off of retail came from. The last I heard it was $100 off retail prices, with $398 being about the cheapest, at least as of last weekend.

Itjisfo originally posted the discount was up to $150, but then later posted that his new G17 cost $399. That isn't a $150 discount. I am pretty sure the discount remains at about $100 off retail.

bcAddy
06-28-2006, 11:15
Man...this is great. I don't suppose it applies to those of us applying to be a FF does it? I don't know if I can wait all the way to the end of the application process to purchase my Glock...and even then with the many hundreds of applicants there are not guarantees for me:freak: . Bummer dude

fyrman
07-09-2006, 17:41
I just purchased a new G-27 and G-34 through the Homeland Security program. He faxed my union card and DL to gun-a-rama and had both peices in 3 days. The 27 was $383 with a blue lable box and only 2 mags and my 34 was $448 with a blue lable box and 3 mags.

Everest
07-14-2006, 11:32
hmm...I wonder if this would apply to a Lifeguard with an EMT? That would be nice.

emt1581
08-07-2006, 09:41
As long as you are an EMT, it doesn't matter how you use your license/certification. So I could be a clown and as long as I had earned my EMT status, Glock wouldn't care.

-Emt1581

emt1581
08-07-2006, 09:45
Also, as others requested, can anyone else confirm the $150 price drop??

Thanks!!

-Emt1581

PDogSniper
08-07-2006, 14:22
I just learned this last week that Oakley is offering a LE/Government discount also...

As a NSO I qualify but not sure about FF/Emt's... Might be something some of you might want to look into...:)

emt1581
08-07-2006, 15:22
You may want to start another thread on that one PDog.

I'm sure folks in the LEO will be happy to hear about that one.

I'd love to know all companies that give discounts to EMS/FF and I'm sure the LEO's would love one devoted to them as well.

I know around me on-duty LEO,EMS,FF get discounts at Burger King. A minor example, but a thread where people share and mention different companies would be great!!!!

Just an idea.:)

-Emt1581

AggiePhil
08-07-2006, 19:14
Originally posted by PDogSniper
I just learned this last week that Oakley is offering a LE/Government discount also...

As a NSO I qualify but not sure about FF/Emt's... Might be something some of you might want to look into...:)
Yep, we [FF/EMTs] sure do [qualify for the Oakley discount]. :)

PDogSniper
08-07-2006, 21:20
Yep, we [FF/EMTs] sure do [qualify for the Oakley discount]. :)

One of the guys here at work just did a group buy. I think he got a bit more off that way...

AggiePhil
08-08-2006, 05:37
That's cool. Even without doing a group buy (I just buy one pair of sunglasses at a time), it's still a big discount. $75 for a pair of Oakley wires. Good stuff. If you want the price list, send me your email address.

B+Shooter
08-15-2006, 08:35
Sigarms is also advertising a "first responders" discount on their website. I have checked some other manufacturers but they said that it was up to the discretion of the individual LE dealers whether to recognize FF/EMS as qualifing for a LE discount.

I would like to see some of the American based firearms manufacturers support its emergency services as well as the foreign competition.

emt1581
08-15-2006, 10:15
Originally posted by B+Shooter
Sigarms is also advertising a "first responders" discount on their website. I have checked some other manufacturers but they said that it was up to the discretion of the individual LE dealers whether to recognize FF/EMS as qualifing for a LE discount.

I would like to see some of the American based firearms manufacturers support its emergency services as well as the foreign competition.

What sort of discount are we talking about??

Thanks!

-Emt1581

B+Shooter
08-15-2006, 11:34
I am still waiting on an email from their rep letting me know who to talk to and/or a price list. Here's the page on their site that references first responders:

http://sigarms.com/Products/OrderingOfficerPrograms.aspx

B+Shooter
08-15-2006, 13:47

:stop:
I was wrong, Sig specifies "armed" first responders. I am in contact with their rep trying to get them to match Glock in recognizing those who face dangers without the security of a weapon.
....We'll see....

emt1581
08-15-2006, 22:32
I was wrong, Sig specifies "armed" first responders. I am in contact with their rep trying to get them to match Glock in recognizing those who face dangers without the security of a weapon.
....We'll see....

Armed first responders?...A.K.A...cops?? What the hell is an armed first responder if not a sworn officer?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

B+Shooter
08-15-2006, 22:39
I don't know where the rep lives, but he asked if I had a permit, from one FF to another. Must be rough med calls or something?

He did however say that with my military ID that I can get a Sigpro Polymer 2022 for $439. Does anyone have any experience with these?

PDogSniper
08-15-2006, 23:47
....We'll see....

That's crap...! You guys are as much a part of Homeland Security as the rest of us...:upeyes:

PDogSniper
08-15-2006, 23:48
Armed first responders?...A.K.A...cops?? What the hell is an armed first responder if not a sworn officer?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Doesn't have to be a cop... I'm considered a AFR...

emt1581
08-15-2006, 23:50
Originally posted by PDogSniper
Doesn't have to be a cop... I'm considered a AFR...

According to your profile you're not exactly a "flashlight & whistle" type security officer either...

-Emt1581

PDogSniper
08-16-2006, 00:33
According to your profile you're not exactly a "flashlight & whistle" type security officer either...

-Emt1581

No, I'm not and thank you for recognizing that... I'm also on the Fire Brigade at work but sometimes I get the impression that in this forum it's viewed with a bit of distain or at least ignored and actually I can understand that. We deffinatley see it from our trainers at Yearly...

Our requirments are specialized and we only concentrate on those, liquids and electical... So I've been trained in Foam, Flashover, Search and Rescue, Electical with water, Propane and NG gas and RIT...

Quite frankly the idea of fighting a fire scares the crap out of me... I understand it but I half way kid about rather getting into a gun fight as opposed to fighting a fire...

You guys have my respect...:beer:

fyrewood
08-17-2006, 14:59
As quoted from Sig's website:Additionally this program extends to those authorized to carry a firearm in the line of duty in Attorney General and District Attorney offices, fire departments and other emergency services agencies.

On our dept. our Arson Investigators/Fire Marshall are authorized to carry on duty and would qualify for the discount. Unfortunately your average Joe Firefighter(Like me) doesn't qualify.....Maybe if enough of us would call them and mention Glock's "Homeland Security Discount".....who knows?

B+Shooter
08-17-2006, 16:13
I've talked to Richard Nutile at Sig, who gave me some info for military discount, but he is a firefighter also. If think it will work, call him in the Law Enforcement division.

RDY357
08-17-2006, 16:35
Look closely at these and if you are a PPO, PI, or Commissioned Security Officer you can participate in this.
I spoke to my local store (Cheaper than Dirt) to verify and they said they just need a copy of your state issued ID card.

SLIDER in KY
08-27-2006, 08:14
Just FYI for everyone...I had called Glock earlier this year for more details on this and they told me that the gun HAD to go through a Glock Authorized L.E. Dealer. I called them Thursday and they told me that they could ship to any FFL (which is good since there they only knew of two LE dealers in KY). I've got a friend here at work that is ordering a new G-23 this week. Will post here when his deal is done!!

firenut477
08-28-2006, 14:14
Just FYI for everyone...I had called Glock earlier this year for more details on this and they told me that the gun HAD to go through a Glock Authorized L.E. Dealer. I called them Thursday and they told me that they could ship to any FFL (which is good since there they only knew of two LE dealers in KY). I've got a friend here at work that is ordering a new G-23 this week. Will post here when his deal is done!! I know Mark's in Florence is a LE dealer for Glock, where is the other? Are you sure there's only two in Kentucky?

EMT322636
08-28-2006, 19:51
anyone know of any LE distributors in new york??? I'm a paramedic and volunteer FF so I'd love to take advantage of this and acquire the G27 I have my eyes on!

SLIDER in KY
08-29-2006, 19:57
Glock had previously told me that there were only two LE dealers in KY, but I couldn't remember the other one (except that one in Florence). Apparently, now it does not matter since they (glock) said that they would ship to any FFL. :)

B+Shooter
08-29-2006, 21:44
The other one is Bluegrass Indoor Range in Louisville

maxwell72764
09-02-2006, 10:10
Have you thought to call your local PD or Sheriff's office?

Originally posted by EMT322636
anyone know of any LE distributors in new york??? I'm a paramedic and volunteer FF so I'd love to take advantage of this and acquire the G27 I have my eyes on!

fyrewood
09-02-2006, 13:01
Originally posted by maxwell72764
Have you thought to call your local PD or Sheriff's office?

AggiePhil when he first started this thread posted a phone number to contact Glock to confirm the deal and to find Glock Law Enforcement dealers in your area.....It is (770) 432-1202

CombatMedic1911
09-19-2006, 10:29
Does anyone have a current pricelist with these deals? Also, I am in the military and hold an EMT, I've heard someone mention deals on Sigs for military too? Can anyone confirm or give any info on that? Thanks fellas

Fiery Red XIII
09-25-2006, 11:07
Dang! I dodn't get a discount on my 1st Glock! Oh well, guess I gotta buy another!

Red :banana:

B+Shooter
09-28-2006, 19:34
Sig does have a dedicated pricelist for military. Contact Sig directly and talk to their military department, or I think they have an email link on their website. They will send you a form in .pdf format that has all the prices with accessories.

Good luck and good shootin'

uncpaul
10-05-2006, 20:12
Its not $100, Glock told me that today. Its a percentage.

AggiePhil
10-05-2006, 21:12
I have the price sheet. It's essentially $100 off.

uncpaul
10-06-2006, 05:24
Essentially it's a Percentage, My G37 is $550 before discount $414 after. Whatever you want to call it, It's Sweet Brother!

bulldog18
10-28-2006, 03:09
I'm a LEO and I'm also in the Marine Corps Reserves. How would you get this "discount" as a Military, Fire/EMS member? Here is a letter (that I received from GLOCK Inc) which clearly states the following:
----
I, hereby, certify under penalty of perjury, the above-named law enforcement officer will use the requested firearms and/or large capacity ammunition feeding devices* for official use and that the firearm and/or large capacity ammunition feeding devices* are not being acquired for personal use or for purpose of transfer or resale.
---
Key words are:
"under penalty of perjury", "for official use", "are not being acquired for personal use".
---
Since Glocks are not issued items in the U.S. Military or to Firefighters/EMTs ect... Do I "lie" (Under Penalty of Perjury) and say "yes" this is for "Official Use"....or do I "re-write" the letter as;

I, hereby, certify under penalty of perjury, the above-named is a member of the U.S. Military (or firefighter/EMT) who will use the requested firearms and/or large capacity ammunition feeding devices* for "Non-Official" use and that the firearm and/or large capacity ammunition feeding devices* is being acquired for personal use only and not for purpose of transfer or resale.
---

I'm just wondering how you "Non-LEO's" purchase your "Glocks".
Who should I have "sign off" (Authority within Agency...Signature) on the letter? Commanding Officer, My platoon Sgt/Commander, Company Gunny, SgtMaj, 1stSgt...does it matter who really signs it?

This will be my first "Glock Purchase" as a "Non-LEO". I could go through my police department, but I want give this "route" a try.

oldironman
10-28-2006, 03:50
Originally posted by bulldog18
I'm a LEO and I'm also in the Marine Corps Reserves. How would you get this "discount" as a Military, Fire/EMS member? Here is a letter (that I received from GLOCK Inc) which clearly states the following:
----
I, hereby, certify under penalty of perjury, the above-named law enforcement officer will use the requested firearms and/or large capacity ammunition feeding devices* for official use and that the firearm and/or large capacity ammunition feeding devices* are not being acquired for personal use or for purpose of transfer or resale.
---
Key words are:
"under penalty of perjury", "for official use", "are not being acquired for personal use".
---
Since Glocks are not issued items in the U.S. Military or to Firefighters/EMTs ect... Do I "lie" (Under Penalty of Perjury) and say "yes" this is for "Official Use"....or do I "re-write" the letter as;

I, hereby, certify under penalty of perjury, the above-named is a member of the U.S. Military (or firefighter/EMT) who will use the requested firearms and/or large capacity ammunition feeding devices* for "Non-Official" use and that the firearm and/or large capacity ammunition feeding devices* is being acquired for personal use only and not for purpose of transfer or resale.
---

I'm just wondering how you "Non-LEO's" purchase your "Glocks".
Who should I have "sign off" (Authority within Agency...Signature) on the letter? Commanding Officer, My platoon Sgt/Commander, Company Gunny, SgtMaj, 1stSgt...does it matter who really signs it?

This will be my first "Glock Purchase" as a "Non-LEO". I could go through my police department, but I want give this "route" a try.

Tough call. I will have to stick with the honest approach. Is $100 worth losing your honor over? If you can get it legit through your department without bringing dishonor to your name, that is what I would do.

AggiePhil
10-28-2006, 07:21
I'm a LEO and I'm also in the Marine Corps Reserves. How would you get this "discount" as a Military, Fire/EMS member?
I think if you read my first post on the first page of this thread, you'll see how. You first call GLOCK and find the nearest TRUE "GLOCK LE Dealer" to you. Then you go to them and should be able to just show your military ID or EMT certification. That's all you have to do if they follow the program correctly. If they don't, call GLOCK back at that same phone number while you're in the store and discuss it with them and let them talk to their LE Dealer. They'll straighten things out.

bulldog18
10-28-2006, 14:59
Interesting, I contacted Glock Inc and I received the following e-mail:
----
xxxxx,

Here's the individual officer price sheet and sample letter. If you
have any further questions feel free to contact us.

Thank You,

xxxxx
Central Region Law Enforcement Sales
GLOCK, Inc.
P.O. Box 369
Smyrna, GA 30081
---

I think I'll call them back and hopefully "resolve" the letter issue. Thanks for all your help.
Stay safe

B+Shooter
10-29-2006, 05:11
Get the number for the LE sales rep that covers your area. Mine was very familiar with the program and was very helpful with finding and talking with the dealers who could help me. The first dealer tried a bait-and-switch saying I would have to wait six months for the discounted one, or I could pay the $100 more dollars for the one in stock. The second dealer was very familiar with the program and even had fliers advertising the deal for FF/EMT's or "First Responders". The second dealer was great and I got a new G17 in no time.

Call the sales rep, have him do the leg work for you.

The only condition seems to be- don't be greedy. The rep said if they find the LE serials (they do begin with a different letter!)at gun shows, they will pull the program.

To anyone reading this thread, don't be the "quick flipper" that ruins this for the rest of your brothers.

B+Shooter
10-29-2006, 05:19
I'm a LEO and I'm also in the Marine Corps Reserves.

Sig also gives a hell of a discount for military, if you so desire.
Check back for my mention of who to talk to at Sig earlier in the thread.

Semper Fi!

AggiePhil
10-29-2006, 05:50
Bought my second GLOCK under the LE discount yesterday! A GLOCK 27 for a duty BUG. :supergrin:

B+Shooter
10-29-2006, 05:54
Yeah, my G17 was for an ammo funnel. My .357Sig was just too expensive to shoot alot. Thank you Glock!!

I noticed your Phil Messina Signature- Modern Warrior is Da' Bomb!

furryrabbit
11-04-2006, 11:52
Purchased a G26 today at LC Action in San Jose, CA. Went and told the girl working about the program and she had to go ask her manager (don't think she believed me). manager seemed to know of the program but as far as the girl working there I was the first non LE to ask for that price. It was real simple after that and I am stoked on the deal.

leesimons00
11-06-2006, 00:13
Hi, does this discount apply to retired military also? Thank you.

B+Shooter
11-06-2006, 07:15
I would think it would if you have a military ID. I'm not sure, I would find out who your Glock Regional Sales Rep is and ask them.

Better yet find out who the Law Enforcement dealer in your area is and just go and try to get the discount.
Somtimes it's better to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission.

SAR Junky
11-18-2006, 21:11
I wonder if Search and Rescue could get the discount

B+Shooter
11-19-2006, 06:23
Originally posted by SAR Junky

Here you have to be a sworn peace officer(paid or volunteer), a paid firefighter, or an EMT. I'm pretty sure that is across the board. Do you fit any of these catagories on your SAR team? If they give you a SAR ID it may work.

lexmedic157
11-19-2006, 06:57
so I finally went and tried it out. a couple months ago I went to Town Police Supply in Collinsville and bought a G26. You have to fill out the regular forms for the firearm and they make a copy of your creds. (EMT card, FF card, et al.) and walk out the store. Make sure you're getting all that you're entitled to. I had night sights put on mine too, and got a little discount with that too. Was all a very good experience.

aleekat
12-01-2006, 06:34
Originally posted by leesimons00
Yes, you can buy direct from Glock. They ship to your FFL. The discount is not exactly $100. Call Glock, they can email you a price list.

SLIDER in KY
12-01-2006, 08:09
Aleekat...How's it going? You still flying w/ AE-10???? Haven't seen you guys lately.

M1Garand
12-02-2006, 12:25
Price is going up, so anyone who wants to get a Glock at current price should act now. G17/19/22/26/26/27 will go up from $477.50 with Trijicon Nightsight to higher price (probably $20 to #30 more).

Other models will go up as well.

AggiePhil
02-07-2007, 09:57
Originally posted by M1Garand
Price is going up, so anyone who wants to get a Glock at current price should act now. G17/19/22/26/26/27 will go up from $477.50 with Trijicon Nightsight to higher price (probably $20 to #30 more).

Other models will go up as well.
For the record, prices have NOT gone up (just got off the phone with GLOCK).

fyrewood
02-07-2007, 14:14
Just went this week to Atwell's in Painesville, Ohio and got a Glock 17 with plain sights and 3 full capacity mags on the Homeland Security Discount....Price was $394 plus tax! :thumbsup:

Joey
06-14-2007, 13:14
Anybody know if the 21SF is offered on this discount program???

fatboy148
07-15-2007, 21:16
Yes they were for me.

4095fanatic
07-16-2007, 14:46
*sigh* all the dealers I talked to are out of the 27... he said that glock is 50,000 guns behind so he has no idea when he'll get more in. :(

Fireman1291
07-17-2007, 12:03
Just got off the phone with a local shop, $414.00 before taxes. All I have to do is bring in my FF ID, EMT cert, ect and do the usual paperwork and I leave that day with a new glock. I dont even need another glock, hell I have enough pistols as it is. But I might go for another G19, or maybe a G26.:banana:

dana
07-17-2007, 18:22
right now i need to get 2 G17s. is there a limit to one model per year? Do you guys know if it is one model per year as in 2007, 2008 or is it per 12 month period?

Fireman1291
07-26-2007, 18:07
Are you spossed to get three-15rdrs with a G19 or the usual two. IM buying my 1st discounted GLOCK next week and want to make sure I dont get scammed.

dana
07-26-2007, 20:34
when i bought one in the past it was three high cap mags.

allanteman
07-27-2007, 08:37
According to an old form I have, the G26, G27, G29, G30, G33, G36 come with TWO high cap mags. Everything else comes with three mags. Wonder why....maybe because they're the smaller concealable models, they figure people don't carry that much ammo with a back-up?????

bumpus
07-30-2007, 15:48
Any chance that someone with Glock's current discount price list could PM it to me? I was on the phone with them twice today, asked for the list to be emailed to me both times, and never received anything. It's not in my spam box, and I don't know why it's not coming through. But if someone could get it to me, I'd appreciate it!

sixer
07-30-2007, 15:53
Originally posted by bumpus
Any chance that someone with Glock's current discount price list could PM it to me? I was on the phone with them twice today, asked for the list to be emailed to me both times, and never received anything. It's not in my spam box, and I don't know why it's not coming through. But if someone could get it to me, I'd appreciate it!

I would also like it. Thanks in advance.

Fireman1291
08-04-2007, 20:48
Cool I bought my 1st discount glock, a G19. Got it for $449.00 even. Out the door after taxes and BG check.

But I had a Q...

Anybody know what we can get the G21sf with the normal rail for?

fatboy148
08-08-2007, 06:29
I pulled my receipt, $461.00 plus tax for the 21sf (that's with the picannany rail).

Teakyman
08-16-2007, 20:52
damn, i wish i had known that...just picked up a g19 too oh well...might have to look for another one

Blitzer
08-16-2007, 21:10
Originally posted by leesimons00

Search earlier in the post, yes, as do Disabled vet's with a VA ID card.

eodtech
08-27-2007, 12:24
Question has been asked and answered before...

mikegun
08-29-2007, 20:10
no one has asked, but i got the 398.00 price on my ret leo/hr218 creds...hope this helps

Glockenbang76
09-03-2007, 08:14
Does the Homeland Security discount also apply to an EMT who works for a private ambulance carrier?

I also have my state fire cert, but the Florida tax cuts have made being hired on an FD, almost impossible.

Does the discount apply if you're a volunteer for a department, if you're a certified FF and EMT?

I couldn't find an answer for this anywhere.

Blitzer
09-03-2007, 08:54
Originally posted by Glockenbang76
Does the Homeland Security discount also apply to an EMT who works for a private ambulance carrier?

I also have my state fire cert, but the Florida tax cuts have made being hired on an FD, almost impossible.

Does the discount apply if you're a volunteer for a department, if you're a certified FF and EMT?

I called and was told a picture ID from the agency is all that is needed, but call and ask Glock to be sure. The number is somewhere in one of my posts.

;)

Glockwork Orange
09-03-2007, 09:24
Originally posted by oldstyle
So, what kind of price does LE actually get? Anyone know an actual dollar amount?

$398.00 in my neck of the woods...any model, except the G20 and G21 which are $425.00...

FireMech Dr.jay
09-23-2007, 20:37
Now if only Glock would do this for Fire Apparatus Mechanics, that would be awesome!!

Oh wait, I forgot, we're not heros. We just keep the heros from having to walk to the fire with the hose on their shoulders!

Anyway, that's cool of Glock to do that. I think ALL fire fighters and emt's deserve our thanks!!

Truckee
09-27-2007, 09:06
I'm not a Glock rep. However, I am fairly schooled on its "Homeland Security Program."

First, Howdy lexmedic157... hoping all is well your way.

Lemme see if I can address some questions found on page 5.

Here is the price list as provided by Glock Inc.:
G17,19,26 $398.20
G22,23,27 $398.20
G31,32,33 $398.20
G21,30,36 $464.20
G20,29 $464.20
G34,35 $480.70
G37 $414.70

To bulldog18,
When Glock began its LE Discount Program, the constraints you mention were in place. Only active LE could receive its discount pricing.

Shortly post 9/11, Glock officially amended and expanded its "LE Program" and renamed it "Glock's HS Discount" program. Glock opened its discounts to a wider spectrum of "Homeland Security" personnel to include military, FD, EMT, security and several other professions.

No foul, if you qualify, go buy your Gs! As B+Shooter warns though, please don't abuse Glock's generosity.

SAR Junky

SAR is questionable and I've not seen that specifically listed. If you are an EMT with SAR, that is sufficient. Take your EMT card when you go shopping.

Glockwork Orange
$398.00 in my neck of the woods...any model, except the G20 and G21 which are $425.00...

What neck of the woods are you in? I have not seen the large frames go for that little. I'd love to head your way!

Fireman1291
Just got off the phone with a local shop, $414.00 before taxes. All I have to do is bring in my FF ID, EMT cert, ect and do the usual paperwork and I leave that day with a new glock. I dont even need another glock, hell I have enough pistols as it is. But I might go for another G19, or maybe a G26.

You're paying too much. Check the price listing above. Don't be fooled by a shop simply offering you a 'discount' and a "Glock Stocking Dealer." If that shop is a GSD, they're out of line and Glock don't play dat.

Glockenbang76

Glockenbang76,
"Yes," you're entitled to the discount.

FireMech Dr.jay
Now if only Glock would do this for Fire Apparatus Mechanics, that would be awesome!!

Oh wait, I forgot, we're not heros. We just keep the heros from having to walk to the fire with the hose on their shoulders!

Anyway, that's cool of Glock to do that. I think ALL fire fighters and emt's deserve our thanks!!

You sir are our heros! Thanks for keeping us rollin' along.

Maybe you can speak with a close FD pal... and, ummm, 'borrow' his?

FireMech Dr.jay
09-28-2007, 19:07
Thanks Truckee!!

It's nice to be noticed!

Y'all be safe out there!!

Dalton Wayne
09-28-2007, 19:18
How about us retirees in good standing can we get the discount and whats involved

Truckee
09-30-2007, 13:54
Originally posted by Dalton Wayne
How about us retirees in good standing can we get the discount and whats involved

The 'retired' issue is an area that I'm not too clear about. Retired from what service? If retired military or LE, I think you qualify. Other service retirees (e.g. FD, EMS etc.), I think you might have to be active.

If you've got the time, I know 'retired' has been discussed within this thread... peruse through it and you may find your answer.

"What's involved," would be to find a Glock Stocking Dealer, bring all necessary ID to make a purchase, plus your 'retired' from whatever ID.

If no GSD is in your area, any FFL can order a HS package pistol directly from Glock. You'll have to provide your creds prior to the order so as that FFL can fax it to Glock.

Another strong suggestion is to research all necessary information prior to your purchase. I say this because, even GSDs are making errors concerning this program. Examples, I've found GSDs that did not realize FD etc. qualify and denied the sale. The FD personnel didn't know any better and just bought an off-shelf Glock at a "shop discount." They paid too much, plus did not receive the 'Blue Label' package. Another GSD was charging LE / military one price, but charging FD folks a higher, although discounted from retail, price. I contacted Glock on the guy's behalf and it said that's a no-no in Glock's book... HS pricing across the board.

"Buyer beware," nothing said truer than about this program. In defense of the errors, Glock's program changed from an "LE Program" to a "Homeland Security" program. Most shops (GSDs) were used to only vending to cops, then the discount program blew wide open post 9/11. There is much confusion from the retail shops... and the shop keeps did not seem to sit down to understand 'what's going on.' The buyers have often been forced to educate the shop.

Best and quickest bet to check your 'qualification,' may be to call Glock and ask them. Please tell Glock "thank you" for its program before you hang up.

cwd500
10-13-2007, 22:16
i just wanted to know if the discount will work for vol. fire fighters too.

Truckee
10-14-2007, 07:11
Originally posted by cwd500
i just wanted to know if the discount will work for vol. fire fighters too.

Yes.

You will need some sort of department issued ID. A badge should do as long as it's not some generic sort of bubblegum machine tinfoil.

cwd500
10-14-2007, 10:07
will this work

Joey
10-22-2007, 10:37
Truckee brings up a question regarding Glock stocking dealers.

I was told by a GSD that only specific Glock LE dealers can offer the HS discount and nobody else can offer that deal. I do not have any of these LEO GSD in state and had to go out of state to order a pistol via this program.

However, Truckee mentions any FFL and/or GSD can order off this price list.

What is the real deal here???

Truckee
10-22-2007, 23:14
will this work

cwd,
Your shield 'should' be sufficient. Just a note however, Glock requires that GSDs file a copy of your "ID" with its paperwork... thus, most dealers that I know of prefer some sort of card ID that they can photocopy and file.

Do you have an FD ID, a state association card, an EMT card, a certification certificate or something with your name etc. upon it? If so, I'd take that along with your shield.

Just a little advice if applicable -- post our 9-11 world, all FD etc. personnel should be issued some form of card ID... volunteer, career, no matter... personnel should have ID IMO. If you're a small dept., check with the local DMV and see if it will make IDs for your department. The DMV in VA. and other states will do so.

Hope that this helps,
Truck

Truckee
10-23-2007, 00:04
Truckee brings up a question regarding Glock stocking dealers.

I was told by a GSD that only specific Glock LE dealers can offer the HS discount and nobody else can offer that deal. I do not have any of these LEO GSD in state and had to go out of state to order a pistol via this program.

However, Truckee mentions any FFL and/or GSD can order off this price list.

What is the real deal here???

Hello Joey,

This isn't too complicated, unless I'm trying to type it.

The info you received from that GSD is technically correct, although not. You cannot just walk into a "non GSD" and, off the shelf, purchase an LEO Package {aka: Homeland Security Package; Blue Label Package} Glock. No dealer, other than a GSD, can buy and/or stock HS packages. Only GSDs can stock the Blues.

Actual "GSDs" are FFLs that -contract- with Glock, thus receiving the designation of a "Glock Stocking Dealer." As a provision of that contract, Glock will not -contract- with another FFL in that dealer's region. This ensures that contracted "GSDs" get special pricing and do not have regional competition from every other FFL for police etc. contracts to buy HGs.

Non-contracted FFLs cannot receive or purchase (less special order, see below) LE Package Glocks (Blue Labels)... nor can non-GSDs even invoice purchase a Glock for the cost that a GSD can. Even high-volume FFLs (non GSD), which receive a below invoice, discounted price from Glock... they cannot purchase a Glock HG for less than an actual GSD can get one, or get a thousand.

However, Glock understands that not every LEO etc. will have a GSD conveniently located in his town, or region for that matter.

Herefore and therefore, if you walk into -ANY- FFL, YOU CAN ORDER a Blue Label (LE Package) Glock. You will likely have to explain what you wish to transpire, as this FFL will probably not have a clue what needs to be done... and will likely argue with you that it can be done at all.

For the following explanation, we'll assume that you do not have a GSD within reasonable distance to you (this can include 100 +/- miles). If you do have a contracted dealer (GSD) within range, Glock will make you use that shop.

Anyhow
* Your FFL will have to contact Glock... call it.
* The FFL will inform Glock that he has a {LEO, FF, EMT etc.} whom wishes to purchase a Homeland Security Package [aka: Blue Label] Glock.
* Glock will check its database to ensure that no GSD is available in your area... I'm pretty sure that they don't consider on-line vendors in this equasion.
* Glock will then require your FFL to fax (or otherwise submit) your ID and other qualifying credentials to its headquarters in Smyrna. You shall have to state which model Glock you wish to purchase.
* Glock will process the order and ship your Blue Label package to that FFL, in your name, who will in turn sell it to you.

If you take the NON-GSD route, be armed with information!

For instance,
GSDs are heavily regulated by Glock via contract. GSDs cannot play around or Glock will hammer them... however, this circumstance is not true with non-GSDs.
Meaning...
beware: your local dealer could mark-up the price of the Glock you've just ordered... or charge you a transfer fee... especially if the dealer you're using is a total putz and/or he actually understands this deal and knows that Glock cannot touch him for unethical practices. I mention this as I know of one case where this occurred.

Advice: be explicit with your dealer as to what will transpire and get a receipt, showing total cost/price, from this FFL at the time of order. The FFL may require a downpayment or even total payment at time of order... which is fine, but get it ALL in writing.

Recourse if you get duped, do not make the purchase. Contact Glock and inform them of what happened. If this involves money that you've already given the FFL, call police.

Glock will help you pressure this JA FFL and probably threaten to never do business with him again. Glock will have no contractural recourse to spank him, but it can heavy-handed pressure him and contact the BATFE concerning his business practices.

I hope this helps,
Truck

Joey
10-23-2007, 01:43
Truckee thanks much for the information, your a gold mine of info!!!!!

From what I've been told Wyoming does not have a GSD and the closest one was in Denver Colorado & who has closed up shop for good. I had contacted them prior to them closing, but even they did not have as good of a price as you posted for the blue label package.

I'll give Glock a phone call to ask them if they have a GSD in state & get a formal price on a G19. It would be even better ifin I could give Glock a CC# over the phone and pre pay for the pistol as I did when using Sig's military sales program.

In the past I've used a extremly gun friendly pawn shop who will order (or receive) anything I want & only charge me $15 for paperwork. This is Wyoming after all and this pawn shop would be rather insulted ifin I asked for it in writing as their word is their bond & they strongly believe in "the cowboy way"

Truckee
10-23-2007, 08:17
Truckee thanks much for the information, your a gold mine of info!!!!!
You are quite welcome. I hope that I've helped.

From what I've been told Wyoming does not have a GSD and the closest one was in Denver Colorado & who has closed up shop for good. I had contacted them prior to them closing, but even they did not have as good of a price as you posted for the blue label package.
As far as I know, that price list is current and solid. If that FFL is an "actual GSD," as opposed to just being cop friendly and offering a discount, it is in violation of the GSD contract.

I have seen GSDs make pricing 'mistakes' in the past... a fast call to Glock and the problem was straightened up in short order. One dealer I tagged was charging cops the price as above, but charging FD personnel $16 more.

After notifying a pal with Glock, I was told that a pricing differential was a "no-no." Glock wanted to know the dealer's name and location... I would not give it up. I assured Glock that I would speak with the offending dealer and if toward results weren't gained, I would call back.

I spoke with the offending GSD and informed them of the conversation. The guys on the counter knew to be concerned and said that they would inform the owner.

I sent a partner down weeks later to buy a HS package. The GSD was now charging $5 less than the contracted allowable... across the board. As explained to me by the shop boys, the owner knows that Glock will drop them from the GSD contract in a heart-beat for untoward practices (I think theirs was an honest mistake, thinking that they could jib the prices). This shop has two locations doing huge police sales... it wanted no part of PO'ing Glock and immediately straightened out.

Another quick story about G "not playing around." A Rep. was selling a small shop (non-GSD) the Blue Labels, and other Red Label Glocks at GSD pricing as a favor. The proprietor-FFL is a former PD Chief and simply trying to help out his customers... the Rep. was just being a nice guy to the former Chief and giving him GSD pricing and packages to improve his bottom / low volume line... the closest GSD was 90 miles.

Glock caught them... bad description as I think both did not intend harm. Although, I'm convinced that they "knew better," at least the Rep. should have.

Glock fired the Rep. They suspended sales to the FFL for six-months, pending the decision to never vend to that FFL again. Glock began vending to the FFL again at the end of his suspension... but he had to file a bunch of papers with Glock... needless to say, each are playing by the rules these days.

I'll give Glock a phone call to ask them if they have a GSD in state & get a formal price on a G19. It would be even better ifin I could give Glock a CC# over the phone and pre pay for the pistol as I did when using Sig's military sales program.
Call Glock Joey, it is your best source for info... most times. If you get the wrong guy/gal answering - anub for example, you may get conflicting info. See if it sounds like something that you've read here... if so, then life is good... if not, then ask to speak with a rep. versed in its HS Program.

In the past I've used a extremly gun friendly pawn shop who will order (or receive) anything I want & only charge me $15 for paperwork. This is Wyoming after all and this pawn shop would be rather insulted ifin I asked for it in writing as their word is their bond & they strongly believe in "the cowboy way"

I am thoroughly glad that those shops still exist and that a man's word is his gold. They're far and few between these days.

Also, allow me to add that if a non-GSD orders a Blue Label for you, that FFL's profit margin is built into the sale. Meaning, you're paying the $398.20 + tax (or whichever). The FFL you're ordering through is paying less than that price, with his expected profit margin built in to the sale. Paraphrased, if this FFL is charging your expected price, plus transfer fees and/or additional fees, he is raising his profit margin at your expense. A GSD cannot do this to you, but there's no 'contract' saying that a non-GSD cannot... but, he should not, nor does he have to - to make his profit from your sale... just beware.

My business concern is this, I too hold close merit in the "cowboy way." However and much to my chagrin, I often find out that the other "cowboy" was only wearing the pointy boots and a fancy belt buckle.

Good luck,
Truck

north15
10-24-2007, 15:24
Joey, I hope that this other option helps. I called Glock inquiring into the specifics of the 'Homeland Security Program' and spoke with an extremely helpful sales rep in their Law Enforcement Sales Division. He sent me (email and fax) an info packet that contained their individual officers price list and some other information on the program. The price list is pretty much an order form with all Glock models and options (sights, color,trigger) listed as well as a list of accesories (holsters, mags, lights/lasers, knives, shovels, etc.). He stated that I would need to fill out the order form, send a photocopy of my FD I.D., a signed copy of my local FFL, and credit card info on a provided form. (I am a little leary of sending my CC info via snail mail, but my closest GSD is one hour+ away.) With this Glock will ship a blue box pistol to your local FFL.

I sent Glock the required paper work yesterday for a standard G20 and a G36 w/ trijicon night sights. Also included in my mailing was a letter to Glock thanking the sales rep (name witheld here) for his help and professionalism, and thanking Glock Inc. for extending this program to the Fire/EMS community.

I am not trying to hijack all the great info that Truckee has provided, just giving another option. Truckee's pricing is spot on with the current version of Glocks price sheet (05/17/07) but, if you want adj. or night sights there is an up charge. Extra magazines are $16, but full size and compact guns come with 3 mags, subs come with 2.

Oh, if you do go this route, the authorization/certification letter stated in the paperwork for LE is not needed, the photo copy of your FD/EMS ID takes the place of that. Also, there is a two pistol maximum.

Hope this helps,
N15

north15
10-24-2007, 15:30
Should have added this. As its been said before, just give Glock a call, they are extremely helpful and will provide you with the info that you need.

N15

Truckee
10-25-2007, 05:21
GREAT information north15! Thank you for your information contribution.

I think that I knew an order could be done that way... I don't know why I excluded that option in my lengthy posts...??? Possibly b/c we've always used shops... or more probable, I'm just a dink.

I think that order form can even be downloaded from some place. If I remember where, I'll post it.

Also, and I'm not firmly confident in this statement, but fairly sure... the two pistol minimum is only 'per order.' I think that one can order again -- that's there's no 'pistol limit.' Using GSDs, I have purchased more than two total.

Joey,
Take north15's suggested route... seems like much less hassle and you've cut the information gap out of the middle man. Although and of course, I suggest that you speak with your local FFL and advise him that you're shipping a pistol in... some guys get touchy over that. Plus, you'll need his info. If he already buys from Glock, they may have his FFL on file.

Again, nice suggestion and contribution north15... thanks!

BillZ
10-29-2007, 07:21
I just spoke to Glock and they said the discount only applies for paid EMTs & Firefighters.
Are there any volunteer EMTs or Firefighters that have been able to get this discount? If so how did you obtain the discount.

Thanks,
Bill Z
New Milford Community Ambulance Corp
Gaylordsville Volunteer Fire Dept.

Truckee
10-29-2007, 09:47
I just spoke to Glock and they said the discount only applies for paid EMTs & Firefighters.
Are there any volunteer EMTs or Firefighters that have been able to get this discount? If so how did you obtain the discount.

Thanks,
Bill Z
New Milford Community Ambulance Corp
Gaylordsville Volunteer Fire Dept.

Hi Bill,

I have never heard of that stipulation.

I know of a *lot* of volunteer personnel that have used this program. However, I don't think that the matter of "volunteer" status was discussed/asked at the time of purchase.

If you feel queezy about this, call Glock back. Speak with a representative versed in the HS Program. I'm confident your latest information is either inaccurate, standard spill or on a "don't tell, don't ask" basis.

Engineer5
10-30-2007, 15:01
Hi All,
Ordering directly from Glock was the easiest option for me. But be aware that it can take several months to receive your Glock. Mine took 5 months but I ordered a "C" model. A GSD might have what your looking for in stock. My closest GSD was almost a two hour drive and they had no clue that Fire/Ems were included in discount so it was just easier for me to order directly.

cgnelson
10-30-2007, 16:02
Billz - Does your department get "Pay per call" or any type of compensation for your volunteer hours. Most departments do and under that status you would qualify. Anyhow, it should only take a letterhead from your department stating you are a member to qualify you. I know several people who simply showed thier fire department badge or EMT/Paramedic license/certification to qualify. I have both in my wallet at all times and will try it in the next week or two.

BillZ
10-30-2007, 18:06
Thanks for your reply.
We receive a $10 gas card for every five calls we do. The Town also provides a tax abatement & Awards (retirement) program for members that amass a certain number of points each year. I have a department photo ID, two badges (1 member and 1 Director) and a State EMT certification card. I also belong to a volunteer FD and have a badge (firepolice) department ID and various State certs.
I'm going to call the one Glock LE dealer in CT tomorrow and inquire what documentation I need as an EMT to obtain the Homeland Security discount. I will post an update.

Bill Z

cgnelson
10-30-2007, 18:47
Great, keep us informed.

BillZ
11-01-2007, 06:38
I spoke to the Glock LE dealer in CT yesterday. He indicated that my service picture ID and State EMT certification card would be enough documentation to obtain the homeland security discount. Of course he had almost everything in stock except the G30 I want. He does have a large order that he is waiting for that has some unallocated 30s in it.

Bill Z

Truckee
11-01-2007, 11:58
I spoke to the Glock LE dealer in CT yesterday. He indicated that my service picture ID and State EMT certification card would be enough documentation to obtain the homeland security discount. Of course he had almost everything in stock except the G30 I want. He does have a large order that he is waiting for that has some unallocated 30s in it.

Bill Z

That's what I thought. Happy 30 (great pistol) and keep safe!

Joey
11-05-2007, 21:04
Had a couple unexpected expenses pop up the last couple weeks so the gun funds have gone into home repairs & a new TV.

Now to figure out where I can shoot a 1994 era 27" TV without getting into trouble :uglylol::uglylol:

crazypilot
11-13-2007, 21:29
Here it is, Glock LEO discount form (2007).

Blitzer
11-16-2007, 14:12
So did anyone go through a distributor that didn't make you sign one of these forms? All of these sample letters have lots of words like "official use", "authorized", "officer", "law enforcement", "not for personal use", etc. My company definitely wouldn't sign one of these even if I was authorized to carry on duty because of the liability.

Please post any names and numbers of EMS friendly Glock distributors who understand this program better.

My problem on the other end is finding an FFL in Missouri that will do the transfer who doesn't want big $$$$ to do it. One guy wanted 30% of the sale price.....geeeeeez. Five or six years ago I was paying about $25-30; and I thought that was high! Most want overnight shipping (which is understandable) but after that and the transfer cost, your better off just buying it at the local gun shop.

Thanks for the help!

I got the latest forms today!

Call 770-432-1202 and ask for Herbert Williams, in sales, about the LEO/Military discount. He will fax you all the forms and you can order the Glock directly from them. You can have your favorite gun shop, use one you can trust, send a copy of his FFL license. Some shops have been known to want to charge ridiculous fees.

It shouldn't cost you anything since Glock has paid for the shipping and pre-confirmed everything.

Here are the low res images of the documents:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa288/Blitzer0101/Glocktalk/Glock-leo1.gif

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa288/Blitzer0101/Glocktalk/Glock-leo2.gif

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa288/Blitzer0101/Glocktalk/Glock-leo3.gif

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa288/Blitzer0101/Glocktalk/Glock-leo4.gif
<!--[endif]-->
<!--[endif]-->

Mr. Ajax
11-23-2007, 20:51
so I can order directly through glock and have it transfered to my local FFL, outstanding

I'm planning on getting a 26 "for the wife", and eventually a 34 for myself.

the only LEO dealer in CO closed it's doors last month, L&S in co. springs is attempting to get the contract but they're uncertain on what the outcome will be. I was going to just wait and pick it up in VA when I go home on leave but now I have options.

Truckee
11-25-2007, 16:02
Nice to see you on the boards Ajax! Glad that you're alive and 'relatively' safe. Happy belated B'day!

Haven't heard a peep outa you or your wife's 'compadre' in quite some time. Please convey my greetings and best wishes to both of them.

Hoping all is well.
Keep safe my Bro,
Truck

As to your statement, "YES," you can order direct from Glock and ship to any FFL. Contact your receiving FFL and advise them what's transpiring... also ensure that the FFL isn't going to tag on additional fees (it shouldn't, but ya never know).

so I can order directly through glock and have it transfered to my local FFL, outstanding

I'm planning on getting a 26 "for the wife", and eventually a 34 for myself.

the only LEO dealer in CO closed it's doors last month, L&S in co. springs is attempting to get the contract but they're uncertain on what the outcome will be. I was going to just wait and pick it up in VA when I go home on leave but now I have options.

Milky
11-30-2007, 13:38
I am a volunteer firefighter/EMR in Mississippi. I just spoke to a GLOCK LE dealer and was told I had to be paid to qualify for the discount. Unsatisfied with that answer, I called GLOCK and was told the same thing. Any other volunteers encounter this?

Truckee
12-07-2007, 12:17
I am a volunteer firefighter/EMR in Mississippi. I just spoke to a GLOCK LE dealer and was told I had to be paid to qualify for the discount. Unsatisfied with that answer, I called GLOCK and was told the same thing. Any other volunteers encounter this?

Milky,

Read above, BillZ had the same discussion with Glock's reps. With the proper credentials ready, he made the purchase.

Get your credentials in line and order/buy your Gs with a "don't mention it" approach. I know many volunteers whom have made purchases... if you're buying a Glock, then you have a job, thus you're 'paid' IMO.

RyanNREMTP
12-07-2007, 13:05
I asked elsewhere and never got an answer. Does Academy Sports do the discount?

Truckee
12-07-2007, 21:23
I asked elsewhere and never got an answer. Does Academy Sports do the discount?

I don't positively know Ryan... however, I've not heard of any 'chain stores' being contracted as a GSD. AFAIK, Glock only contracts with FFLs that bid police and other large contracts... Academy, GM, Cabelas etc. aren't interested in that market. And, as said in previous posts, only GSDs can stock and off-shelf sell HS Packages.

If you're having trouble locating a GSD, your best bet may be to use the order forms provided by Blitzer. Locate an FFL and have your G(s) shipped to him/her for the transfer... contact the chosen FFL prior to the deal.

RyanNREMTP
12-08-2007, 09:09
That's not an issue. When I got my first glock at a local gun store they gave me the discount. I was just wondering since Academy's prices were similar to the gun store even with the discount.

Thanks for the reply.

Truckee
12-08-2007, 13:29
That's not an issue. When I got my first glock at a local gun store they gave me the discount. I was just wondering since Academy's prices were similar to the gun store even with the discount.

Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome... however, I think I read your post elsewhere concerning the 'discount' you received, and you did not get a "Blue Label" package.

IIRC above, and as I advised then, you're not getting the right price or the HS package. You're getting a "gun shop" discounted price... albeit a fair one, and the $50 or so over you're paying may not be an issue for you.

EH3
12-09-2007, 13:36
I am in Southest kentucky, and went to a local gun shop.. we called glock and it indeed is offered, but only to LE supliers as stated above.. Closest to me in SE Kentucky was Keislers in indiana.. 812-284-4867.. you have to ask to talk to vanessa...

Keislers is where I picked up my G19, friendly, and helpful. I'm probably going to pick up a G26 from them shortly.

Milky
12-10-2007, 16:39
Milky,

Read above, BillZ had the same discussion with Glock's reps. With the proper credentials ready, he made the purchase.

Get your credentials in line and order/buy your Gs with a "don't mention it" approach. I know many volunteers whom have made purchases... if you're buying a Glock, then you have a job, thus you're 'paid' IMO.

Hey guys, went in and brought my firefighter ID, walked out with a new G19 with 3 magazines and the LE discount. I didn't volunteer that I was a volunteer (ha ha!) and they never asked so I got the LE discount. Thanks all!

Truckee
12-10-2007, 20:05
Hey guys, went in and brought my firefighter ID, walked out with a new G19 with 3 magazines and the LE discount. I didn't volunteer that I was a volunteer (ha ha!) and they never asked so I got the LE discount. Thanks all!

Told ya :supergrin:
Congrats!
Enjoy your new 19... great lil shooter.

rearviewmirror
12-11-2007, 21:01
I'm lucky enough to live in one of two cities that has a GT distributors store, so we can just show our Fire badge and get the discount on the spot.

rearviewmirror
12-11-2007, 21:03

It shouldn't matter that you're a volunteer, as long as you are a member of a department then being on the paid or volunteer staff is irrelevant.

finz50
12-14-2007, 13:24
'm thinking of doing it through Glock directly. If I do it through Glock, do I still have to pay the FFL $25 or whatever on top of the Glock price? Glock said I have to pay state tax and $10 for shipping,but I didn't ask about the FFL fee......anyone know??

bgeorges
12-18-2007, 13:47
I'm a volunteer FF in Tennessee and got the LE price on a G19 this weekend. Didn't matter that I was volunteer or not, just that I had a department photo identification so they could copy it and sent it to Glock.

Truckee
12-18-2007, 15:06
'm thinking of doing it through Glock directly. If I do it through Glock, do I still have to pay the FFL $25 or whatever on top of the Glock price? Glock said I have to pay state tax and $10 for shipping,but I didn't ask about the FFL fee......anyone know??

If the FFL treats this as a "transfer" (and this is likely), I would suspect you'll be charged the transfer fee.

finz50
12-20-2007, 17:12
Another dumb question.....if I buy from a dealer out of state and pay the FFL fee, do I have to still pay state taxes?

Truckee
12-20-2007, 19:42
Another dumb question.....if I buy from a dealer out of state and pay the FFL fee, do I have to still pay state taxes?

If I understand what you're asking, no.

I've bought and paid for FAs from out of state vendors. The paid for FA and shipping arrives at a local FFL. All that I paid additional was the FFL's transfer fee, no state tax.

stRanger
12-30-2007, 15:38
This is very interesting to me as I was wanting to get a glock a few months back but couldn't swing the price of it, so i bought a S&W 40.... So I can just go to an authorized GLOCK dealer, have my firefighter ID and get the discount?

finz50
12-30-2007, 18:21
No, it has to be specifically a Glock LE dealer. If you call Glock, they can give you a list of dealers in your local area.

BLY
01-02-2008, 10:39
It should not matter if you're a volunteer or on payroll. :steamed:

If you risk your well being to help others in emergency situations (Mil, LE, FD, EMS) then you should be recognized just the same.

Dean
01-05-2008, 05:28
Only certain dealers give the discount, not all dealers. Ask the cops where they get the Glock L.E. discount and you'll know where to go.

Pay full price, when there's an Emergency Worker's discount? Are you huffing Nitronox? Have you got a non-rebreather connected to a bong, hooked to a jet insufflation device? A hundred bucks off AND the third magazine free?

I do it for the money. I'll take the discount.
Volunteers, don't VOLUNTEER to the salesman that you're a volunteer! Just flash your shield and ID card, or your state license. Do you think the volunteer reserve cops and deputies get the discount? You bet they do. Security officers get the same discount, by the way. It's a Glock promotional. They know todays Marine is tomorrow's Trooper, deciding on his agency's sidearm. They want EVERYBODY in a uniform gunned up GLOCK. They're giving the discount to increase their market share. You know what I say to that?

"Thank You, Austria!"

Marine0369
01-19-2008, 22:12

I don't think anyone joins any field of work for the discounts. However, I did join the USMC for the chicks. Just kidding. :tongueout:

rico31v6
01-21-2008, 17:15
This probably has already been asked, but this thread was started over two years ago so the info might be outdated but does anyone know how long it typically takes to receive a Glock if you purchase it from them directly? I am wanting to order a Glock 21SF with the standard rail and I don't have a LE dealer around here so it will have to come from GLOCK INC. I was just wondering. Thanks!