So I get this "support call" today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So I get this "support call" today

gwalchmai
08-12-2005, 16:52
from the wife of one of our VPs. Well, she's really at the end of her rope because she has the notebook that she bought and she has it connected to her wireless router and last night, well, she was surfing the web and ZoneAlarmPro came up and said she needed to renew so she renewed and then she couldn't get on the web anymore so she called the ZoneAlarm People and complained and so they gave her her money back and since she had MacAfee on her machine for AntiVirus she started up MacAfee Personal Firewall and she still couldn't get on the web and so she called the MacAfee People and the girl there told her to go RightClick on My Computer and then hit Properties (you know - Poperties after you RightClick and the menu comes down?) and then she had her look at stuff and found the her resources were down to 60 - 65% and so she needed more memory and so is there any way I could just tell her what the problem is so she could get back online because she bought this notebook so she could work at home and if she can't get back on line with it she won't be able to work on this Real Important Project (c) that she really needs to get done soon....

srhoades
08-12-2005, 17:13
Resources that low? She must have a foot long of icons in the system tray. I could never understand why someone would want something to sit and idle just in case you wanted to use it. Its like leaving your car running in your driveway so you can save the 5 seconds of starting it up.

David_G17
08-12-2005, 17:33
you know it's spyware.:soap:

08-12-2005, 17:56
I run into some people that have the foot long list of icons in the system tray, they just dont care. They say "hey my PC is really slow can you come take a look at it". Then it takes 5 min to boot with all the crude they have running at startup.

So i remove the icons and they get all PO'd. there is just no winning with them folks. its the same people ove an over again that call about the same thing.

hmmm... note to self: start charging more, that will keep them from calling me. Or i make more $, its win win.

Andy

Bronson7
08-13-2005, 09:14
Yes, my brother has half his screen taken up by toolbars/taskbar. One day, I told him to watch as I used the full screen button and auto hide on upper and lower screen. He got miffed at me. My guess is, it's a control issue.
Bronson7

BLiTzNicK
08-13-2005, 22:45
The most icons I've ever seen in the system tray is 27. This was on one of our older 333mhz machines with 64MB ram! Talk about slow!