Problem with front right wheel/suspension/cv joint?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with front right wheel/suspension/cv joint??

RMTactical
08-14-2005, 13:59
I recently bought a '97 Camry from my brother. I knew he had replaced the CV boot about a year ago. I also knew that when I bought it, it would make a strange "click" sound every time I turned (just one click). My brother had just been driving on it and mentioned it may have needed to be looked at but it was working fine so he didn't bother.

Yesterday, I parked the car on a strange angle for a few hours. When I started driving it down the road, I noticed it was making a new noise. The slightest bump would send a shimmy or shake and create a strange/disturbing noise. This was only on the front right. Same side that was making the clicking sound, same side where the CV boot was replaced. I immediately took it home and have not touched it since.

I can't see anything wrong, although I haven't even taken the wheel off. I am curious to know what you think it may be. Do you think it is suspension related? I am not a huge car mechanic. I can change my own oil, and I have done my own brakes before. That is about as extensive as I have gotten.

I guess I'm just worried it may be a tie rod or something (like I said, I'd have no idea in knowing). Should I be overly worried? Do you think it is safe enough to drive to the shop? What should something like this cost to fix?

Thanks for any replies.

epsylum
08-14-2005, 16:21
I'll try to ask my brother's best friend next time I see him. He's a toyota mechanic. He knows camrys like the back of his hand.