Me and my Glock 17 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Me and my Glock 17

GLOCKSTER2000
08-15-2005, 00:55
I just bought a new factory slide for my Glock 17, and will use it to replace the old one, which was damaged. However, I have some concern because the new slide has a different serial number. My Glock 17 is registered with the Firearms and Explosive Division of the PNP with the serial # of the old slide. Will I get my self in trouble if authorities discover that I am using a slide for my Glock 17 with a different serial #?

Many thanks to your replies.

Alexii
08-15-2005, 01:19
What went wrong with your old G17 slide?

revo
08-15-2005, 01:25
I don't know what the rules are in the Phils but in the US, the receiver is the gun.

GLOCKSTER2000
08-15-2005, 01:26
Originally posted by Alexii
What went wrong with your old G17 slide?

There is a small crack on the breach face. I have been using my Glock 17 since 1989 with full power ammo. It had digested thousand rounds already.

MELBU
08-15-2005, 01:33
Hmmm interesting question.

FED might have recorded all the markings in your gun.

When i went to the gun amnesty in FED, they copied and recorded
all of the markings on my guns on all sides (logos, serial numbers,
manufacturers name etc.) with carbon paper and transparent tape.

There might be a possibility you'll get in trouble if fed finds out.

You can either have the numbers changed or risk the "KURSUNADA" of
SOME hungry cops.

Just my two cents.

GLOCKSTER2000
08-15-2005, 02:41
Actually, eto ang pinakamagaling na paraan para hindi ma trace ang baril mo. Change your slide and barrel, and the blue boys ( parak ) will just scratched their heads ;f ( joke lang ha );)

jasonub
08-15-2005, 02:55
Originally posted by GLOCKSTER2000
There is a small crack on the breach face. I have been using my Glock 17 since 1989 with full power ammo. It had digested thousand rounds already.

this is why i never did buy a glock even if i wanted too a long time ago.

but to remove these failures caspian has a very tough slide.

my hk before i sold it had about 25t rounds through it. i just replace the spring every 10t.

my sv has 21t to date. no problems.

caspian has one of the best slides out there. if im going to buy a glock. its has to have a caspian slide and a barsto barrel.

vega
08-15-2005, 08:30
GLOCKSTER2000 - PM sent.

The SN is based on frame and not slide or barrel. As I remember the rule there, you must register new barrels but not slide. Put it this way, is there a SN on a 1911 slide?

But like MELBU said, baka makursanadahan ka ng ibang LE.

vega

nyordak17
08-15-2005, 08:54
Originally posted by GLOCKSTER2000

hi GLOCKSTER2000, can you post some pics? is it 1st or 2nd gen. glocks?

thanks in advance!:)

GLOCKSTER2000
08-15-2005, 09:27
Originally posted by nyordak17
hi GLOCKSTER2000, can you post some pics? is it 1st or 2nd gen. glocks?

thanks in advance!:)

I will provide some pictures of the slide. However, I'm not yet in the Philippines right now. But maybe I can provide some pics when I go back to Manila after about 2 months from now to take a short vacation from my work. Anyhow, when I post the pictures, I may post a new thread so everyone will see them.

Many thanks to vega for his input and advise.:)

lakay7
08-16-2005, 07:51
Originally posted by revo
I don't know what the rules are in the Phils but in the US, the receiver is the gun.

Actually the gun is the barrel, as long you are using the old barrel, no actual change is needed.

doctabako
08-16-2005, 11:40
Originally posted by revo

ditto, the receiver or frame is the regulated part of the gun and as long as the serial no. on your license is the same as the serial no. on the frame, you're safe. :)
Technically, if you are changing the barrel, you will have to register and send it to FED for ballistics testing but I haven't heard of anyone doing this.

royal glockster
08-17-2005, 08:24
[Technically, if you are changing the barrel, you will have to register and send it to FED for ballistics testing but I haven't heard of anyone doing this. [/B][/QUOTE]

Agree, most gun enthusiasts changed their barrel from time to time without bothering to notify the FED. Ideally, everytime one changes his barrel, he should have informed the FED for ballistics purposes. However, for most shooters, as i observed nobody cares to register it with the FED since using these pistols for defensive purposes is not likely to occur because most of them have their carry defensive pistols which are distinct and different from their competition pistols. Obeserbasyon lang po, pwede rin ako mali dyan.

Aha! meron din pala ballistics test, sa loose firearms registration under EO 390. :cool:

GLOCKSTER2000
08-17-2005, 08:43
Thank you for all the inputs mga kabayan. I really appreciate all of them.

By the way, as I'm planning to carry my G17 with me outside my residence, is it still difficult to have a Permit to Carry Outside of Residence? The last time I inquired Twinpines about it, kailangan daw that there must be an " actual threat " for me to be able to have a permit to carry outside my residence. In my case, there is really no actual threat. I just want to have my G17 with me when I leave my house, just in case.

MELBU
08-20-2005, 05:56
As of today august 20, 2005 Permit to carry is very easy.
2 weeks lang po ang waiting time, no need for death threats etc...

Call MS Lacson gunstore if you need one.

Di ko lang alam kung hanggang kelan maluwag ang ptc.

Melbu

doctabako
08-20-2005, 06:18
MELBU

May I ask how much MS Lacson charges for this service? Armscor also offers the same service but the price is a little steep. Thanks

mikol
08-20-2005, 07:56
melbu,
interested also. pls pm us MS Lacson rate of this service k?;f

DocT,
can you pm mi armscor rate for this service also?
yuko na kasing maulit yung nangyari samin ni misis na natutukan naku sa mukha tangay pa yung bag ni misis na wala man lang ako nagawa. just incase lang mi mga ganoong sitwasyon uli(which i hope & pray di na sana maulit), meron kanang pang-laban.;)

atmarcella
08-20-2005, 08:09
ako din, i wanna know the price for the ptc:) tnx:)

GLOCKSTER2000
08-20-2005, 08:11
I hope that PNP/FED will relax the requirements for a PTC. In our country, bad guys are roaming about like predators. As most of us know, we can not depend on the police to give us 24 hours protection.

doctabako
08-20-2005, 09:03
Originally posted by mikol

DocT,
can you pm mi armscor rate for this service also?
yuko na kasing maulit yung nangyari samin ni misis na natutukan naku sa mukha tangay pa yung bag ni misis na wala man lang ako nagawa. just incase lang mi mga ganoong sitwasyon uli(which i hope & pray di na sana maulit), meron kanang pang-laban.;)

PM sent :)

atmarcella

also sent one to you ;f Wasn't sure if you were asking me or MELBU ;f

mikol
08-20-2005, 09:45
Originally posted by doctabako
PM sent :)

atmarcella

also sent one to you ;f Wasn't sure if you were asking me or MELBU ;f
thanks DocT. ;f

MELBU
08-21-2005, 05:31
Bros for more info pls call Raymond of MS Lacson at

Talagang mahal ptc ngayon mga bros, para hindi kayo mabigla
ang presyo ng ptc sa makati square gunstores are from 12,000
to 15,000

doctabako
08-21-2005, 05:52
Originally posted by MELBU

Talagang mahal ptc ngayon mga bros, para hindi kayo mabigla
ang presyo ng ptc sa makati square gunstores are from 12,000
to 15,000

Does this mean MS Lacson charges less than the MCS gun stores. Anyway, if you can't confirm this, I'll give them a call when I'm in the area. Thanks bro :)

MELBU
08-21-2005, 20:15
Does this mean MS Lacson charges less than the MCS gun stores. Anyway, if you can't confirm this, I'll give them a call when I'm in the area. Thanks bro :)

I think its more or less bro hehehe.

PTCs are easy to get but very expensive.

mikol
08-21-2005, 23:31
DocT PM sent for MS Lacson's PTC service rate. :)

doctabako
08-22-2005, 01:07
Thanks MELBU. PTC's have always been expensive ever since the previous admi screwed it up. I could get it for much less with my contact here in the province but he requires an NBI clearance which I don't have time to get.

Mikol
Got your PM, thanks a lot, I'll just get it from the previous one ;f Tried to reply, but your mailbox is full :)

mikol
08-22-2005, 01:42
Thanks MELBU. PTC's have always been expensive ever since the previous admi screwed it up. I could get it for much less with my contact here in the province but he requires an NBI clearance which I don't have time to get.

Mikol
Got your PM, thanks a lot, I'll just get it from the previous one ;f Tried to reply, but your mailbox is full :)
thanks for the heads-up DocT. i'll delete some msgs in my inbox. :)

atmarcella
08-22-2005, 02:57
Originally posted by mikol
DocT PM sent for MS Lacson's PTC service rate. :)

mikol how much? pm me tnx!!

mikol
08-22-2005, 04:23
Originally posted by atmarcella
mikol how much? pm me tnx!!
bro pm sent already.:)

ssss8888
08-24-2005, 09:16
pls pm me also ptc price and info