godsmack, anyone? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : godsmack, anyone?

Archangel
08-17-2005, 14:29
i am a huge godsmack fan, don't know why exactly. something to do with the tribal sound of their music. i have all the discs and even a dvd. it seems they are taking their sweet time about putting out some new tunes. are there any bands that have that same sound and feel. very rhythmic and drum heavy, but no growling,untalented singers please. that crap sounds like they are trying to scare 4th grade children. oooh, vocal distortion, scary!

truculent
08-22-2005, 20:58
I just picked up Dark New Day's CD titled "Twelve Year Silence." Not every song on it's a winner, but I think you'll like it if you like Godsmack. Not a tribal feel, but dark, thick, and riff oriented.

mikeman
08-24-2005, 00:36
have you ever been to one of their concerts? I saw em with metallica and it was incredible. When metallica was playing sully came out and sang "sad but true" with james. One of the best concerts ive ever seen.

RENEA
08-24-2005, 07:24
Great band.

Archangel
08-31-2005, 12:19
i am a big fan of sevendust, just bought their new acoustic disc, southern doublewide. clint lowery left sevendust to play in Dark New Day. so, i may have to check them out. thanks for the tip.

PeterJasonMN
09-09-2005, 00:25
I have all the Godsmack cd's. One of the FEW few few bands whose sophomore album was a success.

Saw Sevendust in concert last year. Deaf for one day, mute for 2. Awesome show. Sad that Clint left though.