I need a website, and your help guys! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I need a website, and your help guys!

Angel Of Death
08-17-2005, 20:41
OK, first off, a big thanks to everyone on here who gives a few minutes of their days to us less tech-worthy by answering silly questions and bestowing upon us your great IT knowledge!

OK, this is what I want to do:

I want to set up a simple webpage that I'll use to chronicle the restoration/build-up of my Land Rover pickup.

I want www.SeriousIIa.com www.Serious2a.com and www.SeriousTwoA.com I'll use the first as my webpage and the others can just be auto-forwarded to the first.

Does one company sell me the domains, and host my site? I'd like to pay one company for everything I need to do.

Huge bandwidth and huge file storage not NON-issues. I'll have simple HTML and a few pictures pretty much from here till Jan '07.

What would this cost anyways?

If you guys could put in me in the right direction I would forever be in your debt!

Thanks so much and Semper fi

Erik

funbob
08-17-2005, 21:18
I've already registered those 3 domain names but will be happy to let you have them... for a price ;f

Okay, kidding aside, there are more hosting companies out there than you can shake a stick at. Most offer hosting plans that will suit your needs in the $15-20 monthly price range. Setup fees are either free or nominal depending on the plan. All of them will set up or transfer a domain for you and can do additional domains for about 10 bucks a pop. One company can do easily take care of everything for you plus lots of extra stuff like emails@yourdomain.com, online site builders, frontpage extensions, scripting support, etc.

Since there are so many companies out there, I can only vouch for the two that I've done business with...

Net//Works! Web Hosting, based here in Albuquerque is a well regarded hosting company. I've received nothing but excellent customer support and superb reliability from them.
www.networkshosting.com

WestHost. Has some of the best pricing and feature packages in the business. They're running a pretty killer special right now through the end of August.
Check them out at www.westhost.com

David_G17
08-17-2005, 21:23
for some reason, these guys are the most popular:

server space:
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?se=%2B&ci=260

register domains:
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar/search.asp?se=%2B&ci=235

prism
08-17-2005, 21:29
registerfly can do domains and hosting

http://registerfly.com/hosting/plans.php

(I have not used their hosting.)

funbob
08-17-2005, 21:59
Originally posted by David_G17
for some reason, these guys are the most popular:

You apparently didn't watch the Superbowl ;f ;f

Angel Of Death
08-18-2005, 08:56
Well, thanks guys! I went with Webhost becuase they offered the absolute best deal in thier "end of summer whatever".

I'll post up to get your opinions and see if the site works on various resolutions.

Thanks again to everyone!

Erik

Angel Of Death
08-18-2005, 12:27
www.SeriousIIa.com

Worst website ever! hahahhahah

Man I have a lot of work and learning to do!

Specks
08-18-2005, 14:06
That graphic is pretty sweet!

Angel Of Death
08-18-2005, 22:26
Originally posted by Specks
That graphic is pretty sweet!

Made over at www.cooltext.com I like it too! Too bad it didnt make the cut!