PDA

View Full Version : My team website

Tspeis
08-17-2005, 22:43
http://www.freewebs.com/socom2264

Enjoy.

brock sampson
08-17-2005, 23:24
Looked at the pics and I'm just wondering what happens at a tournament? I'm an expert on PB but I didn't even know they had AS tourneys. I thought it was just team vs. team events.

Tspeis
08-17-2005, 23:42
It's basically the same as paintball but there are scenarios like hostage rescue, downed pilot, etc...We also go around to local police department SWAT teams to introduce airsoft as a training tool as well as make them familiar with the RAV tactical armor our sponsor, Paraclete Body Armor has sent us.

Airsoft is mainly based on the honor code. If you're not going to be honest about your hits, then you might as well not even play. There are also referees on site in case anyone does try to ignore their hits.

brock sampson
08-18-2005, 19:40
So a tournament consists of teams trying to complete a scenario for time or lowest number of friendly casualties or what? I'm just trying to understand cause it sounds like fun but I really don't know much about it.

Our tournaments are typically 5 vs. 5 or 7 vs. 7 and point based matches. There are about three real formats but all play in a similar manner. A typical point or game will last anywhere from 30 seconds to around 2-3 minutes these days. Tournaments are nothing like woodsball games anymore.
Here's a link to get a better idea.
http://www.derderpaintball.com/paintball_videos/psporl05.wmv

Tspeis
08-18-2005, 21:45
Usually the teams will play different roles. One team will guard hostages while the other will try to rescue them. One might guard a flag. Some games there are downed pilot scenarios where both sides fight for the pilot, one fights to capture him and take him prisoner, one fights to save him. It all depends, of course, there's the tradition 5 vs 5 or even 10 vs 10, depends on how many are playing. very similar to paintball as far as the concept of the game, just a lot more intense and way more realistic. Cleaner too, no messy paint.