Can someone explain Screen Resolution to me? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Screen Resolution to me?

Alpha752
08-17-2005, 23:41
I am having trouble understanding the concept of screen resolution. I am computer literate, and I know that the higher the resolution, the larger and more in depth the picture is (more pixels???). My question stems around screen resolutions for the desktop. The only thing that I can see changing the resolution of your desktop does is make your icons smaller. Am I missing something? I have a large resolution picture as a back ground, and when I make the resolution higher on my PC, the icons get smaller, but the image doesnt change. I am at 1024x768 currently.

Russ

08-17-2005, 23:51
Scroll down to technology, see if this helps

http://www.answers.com/resolution

Andy

NetNinja
08-18-2005, 22:49
I believe there is another question in there you are asking.

1024 x 768 is a nice resolution to run at.

in fact that is probably the standard now.

I run at 1280x 1024

Yes the icons are smaller but if you noticed your screeen real estate got bigger.
you can open multiple porgrams without them taking up all of your desktop space.

Since I have a 22" monitor and do a lot of power work I usually have like 4 or 6 different programs running.

Some monitors can't run at higher resoltuions or dont have a graphics card that can handle that type of resolution driving power.

You get what you pay for in monitors.

that's why 1 19" monitor sells for $400.00 and that el Cheapo is selling for $219.00 with mail in rebate and a free pair of sun glasses.

If you are serious about doing some power work you should try dual monitors. One you go dual you will never want to go back. Some games even support dual monitors. But you better have a nice graphics card to do that sort of thing.