Palm O.K.? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Palm O.K.?

harley45
08-21-2005, 07:28
I need a PDA to view video and photos on and listen to music and use as a date book. My wife has a Ipaq that she likes, so I thought I may try the Palm, as a change of pace. will the lower end palms do these things? the only software I think I may need to buy is a dvd converter like I purchased for her Ipaq.
Thanks for the help

DonL
08-23-2005, 14:25
The Zire72($200 e-shopping)is the one you want.....1.3M camera and video recorder, mp3 player, voice recording, plays video's, bluetooth connectivity and with WiFi capabilities(SD WiFi card)$100. I overclock mine at 409MHz and it plays video's that I've ripped with no problems(MMplayer). The first version of MMplayer that I used had some issues but they just released a bug fix and all is well now except fastforward/rewind buttons, though you can fastforward/rewind with slider bar if need be. If you use it for balancing your finances go with SplashMoney, it is excellent software. Palm is a very easy to use OS, I think you will be more than happy with it.

harley45
08-23-2005, 15:12
What is MM player and where is it available to purchase? Also what program did you use to rip your DVD?
Eric

DonL
08-25-2005, 04:38
Google MMPlayer....need internet connection to download. MMPlayer(pay) is software you need to view avi files you make with DVD compression ripper. I was hoping you wouldn't ask about what I used to rip DVD....Its been awhile and I was trying out a couple of programs and can't remember which one I used. I know I used DVD Shrink to rip the section of DVD I wanted...First 3 songs of SRVaughan at Austin City Limits. You don't need DVD Shrink(free) but it helps to create a smaller video file without all the language and sound options before compression. Then the program(free) to compress to about 87MB's.....I'll get back to you.

harley45
08-25-2005, 15:30
thanks for all the info i ordered the unit mentioned abova and can't wait to get it.
Eric

DonL
09-13-2005, 01:32
PocketDivxEncoder for Dvd conversions is what I used and also I heard about but haven't used tcpmp.palmos for viewing. Both are free.