cheap factory ammo in philippines? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : cheap factory ammo in philippines?

vic2_187
08-22-2005, 01:23
hello, does anyone know where i can find cheap factory ammo in the philippines? even if its armscor ok lang, i will just be using it for target practice... 9mm... pls let me know gunstore and price of the ammo...

thanks

MELBU
08-22-2005, 04:35
Armscor

Cheap if you buy direct to the factory.

But if you buy in stores, its not cheap.;)

toxic
08-22-2005, 06:06
Originally posted by vic2_187
hello, does anyone know where i can find cheap factory ammo in the philippines? even if its armscor ok lang, i will just be using it for target practice... 9mm... pls let me know gunstore and price of the ammo...

thanks

try http://hk54.gunserver.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400938
i think jundeleon is selling a few hundred 9mm ammos if im not mistaken.

theTactician
08-30-2005, 12:51
I think Armscor is still the cheapest pero quality din naman kahit mura lang.

vega
08-31-2005, 08:40
Originally posted by theTactician
I think Armscor is still the cheapest pero quality din naman kahit mura lang.
Aren't they one of the sponsors last world shoot?

vega

Mang Danny
08-31-2005, 09:47
Yes they are one of the sponsors, but I think most of the name shooters used their own loads tailored to their guns.

zorkd
09-03-2005, 05:52
armscor the best, mura na, quality pa.

i use armscor for all my ammo needs, except for winchester silvertips on my wheelies when i can afford them.

riddler
09-03-2005, 09:15
Originally posted by Mang Danny
Yes they are one of the sponsors, but I think most of the name shooters used their own loads tailored to their guns.

Why not conduct a shoot where everybody uses the same factory ammo (same box/lot number) duly provided by the organization and opened only at the match. This eliminates the unfair advantage of some who has the capability to fine tune the load to the individual's gun. I have friends from both sides of the fence and they all admit that such a distinct advantage do exist.

If one has to compete, they should compete on a level playing field. Otherwise, it is not a matter of skill anymore but of economics IMHO!

tanduay
09-03-2005, 10:06
Just buy once fired brass and fmj head from armscor and let stronghand to the reloading.

batangueno
09-03-2005, 10:14
What if the individual tunes his gun to the factory ammo? It would be unfair for the others who can't afford to modify their guns. The only way to level the playing field is to use the same gun, same ammo, and same gear for the whole match. That's like F1 racing with all the same cars, no fun at all. :)

Allegra
09-03-2005, 10:28
Level na rin naman lahat basta may minimum power factor
anyways, it doesnt cost more to tune your ammo
Pili ka lang ng powder/heads cominations. parePareho lang presyo nila.
Anyway , ammunition doesnt win matches
The same guys would win kahit bigyan mo ng pare parehong bala

riddler
09-03-2005, 10:49
Originally posted by batangueno
What if the individual tunes his gun to the factory ammo? It would be unfair for the others who can't afford to modify their guns. The only way to level the playing field is to use the same gun, same ammo, and same gear for the whole match. That's like F1 racing with all the same cars, no fun at all. :)

That is why there are shoots using stock pistols.

Since you aptly correlated it to racing, you probably have not been to a NASCAR race. Well, I have and I can honestly say that it is stupendously fun and exciting. The guts/skill/experience of the driver and the efficiency of the pit crew are what makes or breaks a team,....... not the car for they are all made to the same exacting specifications.

But then again, if you prefer to bank on your wallet rather than on your skill to win a match that is your prerogative. Just don't cry foul or use this as an excuse when someone who has a lot more money to put in a pistol beats you in a tourney. ;e

This was exactly what happened during the IPSC shoot that was held in Cebu a couple of years ago. A lot of pinoy shooters griped about their low chance of getting recognition because foreigners and overseas-based pinoy shooters were outshooting them "only because of better guns and highly controversial ammo" (quoted verbatim from one of the shooters)

riddler
09-03-2005, 10:55
Originally posted by Allegra
The same guys would win kahit bigyan mo ng pare parehong bala

True but not in all cases! Some of these guys have so much talent that the average Juan dela Cruz with a $10K pistol with topnotch ammo would not win against them. But when they are pitted against people of similar skill levels, minor mods to the ammo does make a difference.

Allegra
09-04-2005, 00:00
This was exactly what happened during the IPSC shoot that was held in Cebu a couple of years ago. A lot of pinoy shooters griped about their low chance of getting recognition because foreigners and overseas-based pinoy shooters were outshooting them "only because of better guns and highly controversial ammo" (quoted verbatim from one of the shooters) [/B][/QUOTE]

By a couple of years ago in Cebu would you mean the World Shoot or the Australasian Championships?
It cant be the WS because the Philippines won every team division champs except for standard div., tapos atin pa ang Ladies champ.

It cant be the Australasia, US Team member JJ Racaza was there and his gun malf , so it was their equipment that failed not ours.
Kami naman sa Standard team aabang abang pa sa Aussies , yun pala this wonder kid from Davao blew us away with a spectacular performance hehehe

dont worry about pinoy shooters being under armed.
that simply is not the case, and ipupusta ko bank account ng top pinoy shooter sa top US shooter.mayaman ang pinoy IPSC shooter
Kasi unfortunately for the pinoy, only the rich here can afford IPSC.
And they can afford the best equipment
And that is why konti lang ang talent pool dito sa atin
The same guys lang ang naglalaban laban each division

toxic
09-04-2005, 02:13
There are lots of good shooters back home who can Whoop some GM behinds ..SPONSORS lang Problema.

batangueno
09-04-2005, 05:34
Originally posted by riddler
That is why there are shoots using stock pistols.

Since you aptly correlated it to racing, you probably have not been to a NASCAR race. Well, I have and I can honestly say that it is stupendously fun and exciting. The guts/skill/experience of the driver and the efficiency of the pit crew are what makes or breaks a team,....... not the car for they are all made to the same exacting specifications.

Yes, i've been to a NASCAR race in the states. I got dizzy. ;f To each his own really, i prefer F1 and WRC.

But then again, if you prefer to bank on your wallet rather than on your skill to win a match that is your prerogative. Just don't cry foul or use this as an excuse when someone who has a lot more money to put in a pistol beats you in a tourney. ;e

Where did you get that idea. Let me see, who was complaining? ;Q

This was exactly what happened during the IPSC shoot that was held in Cebu a couple of years ago. A lot of pinoy shooters griped about their low chance of getting recognition because foreigners and overseas-based pinoy shooters were outshooting them "only because of better guns and highly controversial ammo" (quoted verbatim from one of the shooters)

I'm also hearing that now in the recent world shoot. But the reason is not money but availability of the guns locally.

riddler
09-04-2005, 07:54
Allegra,

This was the one where a Frenchman, Eric Grauffel was the world champion. IIRC, KC Eusebio got 2nd or 3rd place but he is based in California and not locally. Philippines did win the team championship during this shoot!

You just echoed what I am trying to say:

"mayaman ang pinoy IPSC shooter
Kasi unfortunately for the pinoy, only the rich here can afford IPSC.
And they can afford the best equipment
And that is why konti lang ang talent pool dito sa atin
The same guys lang ang naglalaban laban each division

Economics really is a big factor to get into this sport much less win in it.

batangueno,

I am not referring to you per se, but I have been to a couple of shoots where some people's mentality has been "if I have the same stuff, he has, I could probably beat him". If you still have not heard this or some of its variations, you will!

Allegra
09-04-2005, 09:15
[QUOTE]Originally posted by riddler
Allegra,

This was the one where a Frenchman, Eric Grauffel was the world champion. IIRC, KC Eusebio got 2nd or 3rd place but he is based in California and not locally. Philippines did win the team championship during this shoot!

You just echoed what I am trying to say:

[/i]

Economics really is a big factor to get into this sport much less win in it.

Ah World Shoot XII
Dito lang sa pinas pang rich ang IPSC sa western countries hindi
Thats why equipment or ammo cannot be an excuse for the local shooters. Hindi tayo dehado sa gamit

mc_oliver
09-04-2005, 09:35
I use local equipment, jologs pa double magpouch ko na leather.;)

In our sport equipment reliability is very important. If it's reliable, the rest of the factor falls on the shooter. The problem starts when a new shooter thinks his skills will increase in proportion to how much his gun costs. It's understandable, shelling out money is easier and you get instant results, gwapo agad baril mo.

And regarding the top shooters, kaya talunin ng pinoy yan... Kung mey budget to practice 500 rounds a day. ;f

Allegra
09-04-2005, 09:59
This reminds me of something
during the Australasia nung 01 , I emailed several Top american IPSC shooters
syempre mga idols
I invited them to shoot dito sa pinas and it would be an honor to compete ( and get mmy butt kicked ) against them
Everyone emailed back that though they would love to shoot here, money is tight , and they dont have the budget to fly to Asia.

riddler
09-04-2005, 14:57
While personal funds does help, it is irrelevant if one is against a factory sponsored shooter. The factory has an almost unlimited funds set aside for advertisement. The factory will also not skimp on what can get their shooter to win the championship.

As for your invite, professional shooters don't go to a shoot to have fun. They weigh the returns vis-a-vis their investment in time and money. The same goes for the factory, they send their people to shoots that can generate the maximum exposure for their product.

Think about it, how many are into the shooting sports there. Only the elite few which is not much. The market there for firearms and accessories is not enough to justify a costly trip when they could be getting more returns for less here in the States or Europe.

st. matthew
09-04-2005, 17:28
ay!akala ko ba bala ang usapan dito;f ;f
basta ako bilib ako sa pinoy shooter,mabuhay;W ;W ;Y ;Y

Allegra
09-04-2005, 21:49
While personal funds does help, it is irrelevant if one is against a factory sponsored shooter. The factory has an almost unlimited funds set aside for advertisement. The factory will also not skimp on what can get their shooter to win the championship.

hehehe I have lost matches to factory sponsored shooters but I will never blame my gun or my ammo nor will use his unlimited supply of ammo as an excuse why I lost.
Because it's not

As for your invite, professional shooters don't go to a shoot to have fun. They weigh the returns vis-a-vis their investment in time and money. The same goes for the factory, they send their people to shoots that can generate the maximum exposure for their product.

Actually , they shot at the previous Australasia-Cebu and then WS-Cebu that was why I was hoping they would come back
Kaso, wala nga sila datung that year

Think about it, how many are into the shooting sports there. Only the elite few which is not much. The market there for firearms and accessories is not enough to justify a costly trip when they could be getting more returns for less here in the States or Europe.

Europe? How many civilians are allowed guns in Europe?Asia?South America?
I'm guessing the Philippines is the main market for civilian firearms in Asia

Valor1
09-05-2005, 08:27
bakit parang ang dami na palaging off topic at thread hijacks ngayon?;Q Kakahilo.

Allegra
09-05-2005, 08:51
Originally posted by Valor1
bakit parang ang dami na palaging off topic at thread hijacks ngayon?;Q Kakahilo.

Siguro kasi the first 3 posts already answered the orig question?

jasonub
09-05-2005, 20:35
eto pa off topic;f

tolits is beating me in splits. in a long course na walang masyadong takbuhan, he wins about 1-2 seconds. If there is a lot of movement, panalo ako( i run fast)

It was him who said my tapping is slow. and that my pistol shoots like a cannon.

then i used someone else's gun using my ammo. para ord heavy barrel long dust. guess what, the sights are flat on shot to shot;g

concluding, my gun is already top of the line Infinity with the bells etc. expensive as hell but when i shot a flat shooting pistol with major ammo. i cut my splits at 15 meters by .1 of a second (15 splits on a long course) 1.5 seconds! that is where my lost time is going to!

damn!!! anyone what to buy an svi for 180t?;f ;f ;f

9MX
09-05-2005, 20:49
Originally posted by jasonub
anyone what to buy an svi for 180t?;f ;f ;f

dude,

for that moolah, i'd rather go open;)

ano ba baril ni tolits?

mc_oliver
09-05-2005, 21:01
Yung armscor mo pang open, salpakan mo na lang ng 40 na barrel. ;f

Seriuosly, mukhang over-buffed baril mo. Try mo yung engineering plastic kay Col. Pagawa ka ng sing nipis ng wilson blues. Yung akin naging mas flat habang panipis ng panipis yung buff. Stilltrying to get courage shooting it witohout a buff, though. The last time I did it nag-crack reverse plug ko but that was with an 11# spring.

Allegra
09-05-2005, 22:50
Bili ka ng gripper hand strengthener
Mura lang sya sa sporting house, yung pampalakas ng kamay
Avoid yung gel hand strenghteners, wla kwenta
Kaso when someone shakes your hand, napapalundag sa sakit

Eye Cutter
09-05-2005, 23:31
ako din, tagal ng slits ko. ang bagal bumalik ng sights on target kasi ang taas ng talbog ng front sight. napapansin ko lumuluwag yung hawak ng left/support hand ko, nag-slip yung palm sa grip kahit na meron pro-grip.

now i'm thinking of putting a thumb rest or modifying my para-ord with the heavy dust cover!

doctabako
09-06-2005, 00:15
Originally posted by 9MX

ano ba baril ni tolits?

Para-Ordnance. IIRC it used to be a 14.45 which he converted to .40 S&W.

jasonub
09-06-2005, 00:48
doc is right boy tolentino creation baril ni tolits.

Ill try to get the grip strengthener thanks Allegra.

Ill also remove 2 buffs from my pistol, thanks Oliver.

Ill also use n310 for my powder to make major(less recoil)

then after a month, pag wala pa rin ill probably cut my slide and have the carry weight installed and also lighten the slide.

papangit lang ang svi ko pero lagi naman sana champion;f

JuDGe
09-06-2005, 00:53

Ill also use n310 for my powder to make major(less recoil)

share your recipe ha! ;f

jasonub
09-06-2005, 05:54
Originally posted by JuDGe
share your recipe ha! ;f

simple lang load 3 rounds 310 on 180 grain lead heads on each of the ff: 4.0,4.1,4.2,4.3.

chrono each and note of the pressure sign.

remember to load each case manually with powder not using the powder bar of your reloader.

load long!!! 1.200" minimum.

if pasado na 4.0 about 172-174.check pressure signs. pag meron dump the project and stick with n320.

Judge why dont you do it since you have 310? I still have to buy kasi and walang tingi sila magbenta.

or you can give me 1 tablespoon so i can test it
Stop and pull the rest since you wont need it and wont need to shoot it and risk a case blowout.

atmarcella
09-06-2005, 06:05
jason,
palitan mo svi mo ng sps pelikano, cgurado ako flat shooting pistol yon, front heavy kasi;f :)

JuDGe
09-06-2005, 08:43
Judge why dont you do it since you have 310? I still have to buy kasi and walang tingi sila magbenta.

or you can give me 1 tablespoon so i can test it
Stop and pull the rest since you wont need it and wont need to shoot it and risk a case blowout.

Sige, bigyan kita ng 1 tablespoon of N310 for you to experiment.... may 2lbs pa nga ako dito that I rarely use for my .45 loads.... pabigay ko kay mc_O or 9mx.

Eye Cutter
09-06-2005, 09:26
si Rob Leatham N310 powder with 180gr jhp heads for his .40 loads

andun sa website niya.

judge, experiment ka naman using armscor heads

jasonub
09-06-2005, 18:04
Originally posted by atmarcella
jason,
palitan mo svi mo ng sps pelikano, cgurado ako flat shooting pistol yon, front heavy kasi;f :)

talo naman ako sa kantiao;f

Sigue Judge penge na lang pag naperfect ko you can get my formula. ty:)

jasonub
09-08-2005, 17:58
Update lang. removed the buffs and did some grip strengthening excersises.

looks like i dont need the tungsten barrel.;g