resetting to email page [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : resetting to email page

Tvov
08-23-2005, 19:12
Didn't know how to "search" for this. This odd problem just started happening today. I check my Yahoo mail, and many times when I click on the link to check on the forum response email, it just brings me to my Yahoo inbox screen. If I "x" that, bringing me back to the first Yahoo inbox screen, and then click the link again sometimes it will bring me to the forum, or will again bring me to my Yahoo inbox screen.

ALSO, just about 5 minutes ago, I noticed that when the computer sits idle for a few minutes while on the internet, it goes to my Yahoo inbox screen! If I hit the "back" button, I go back to what I was looking at. I am not running a screen saver.

Also, sometimes when I click another link, such as when I hit "submit" for this, I may be taken to my Yahoo inbox screen.

I haven't done anything different that I know of recently, and I ran full adware/spyware scans that didn't come up with anything out of the ordinary. So far nothing malicous (sp?) has occured, it is just annoying. It sounds like it may be some sort of setting that got changed, but I can't seem to find anything different.

Hopefully I explained this okay. Any ideas?

Washington,D.C.
08-23-2005, 19:18
I've had Yahoo's email pages change on me before.It wasn't anything in my PC but some browsers work better than others.If your PC is getting full of junk in the temp files try Ccleaner

http://www.ccleaner.com

Tvov
08-25-2005, 11:05
Thanks for your reply. Everything seems to have returned to normal. Don't know what it was, maybe just a temporary glitch. (Or... the government tracking me...;R )