Need help with Ipod, Itunes and new laptop. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Ipod, Itunes and new laptop.

sjfrellc
08-24-2005, 17:32
Bought a new laptop and my daughter wants to load all of the Itunes library songs onto the Ipod. She hooks up the Ipod to the new laptop and the songs are referenced and played but how do you import the whole library? Do I use import or consolidate?
I never took the time to use Itunes before.

T. Harless
08-28-2005, 12:13
Update iPod under the iTunes file menu should do it. At least on a Mac machine. If I'm using a doc it just does it.

sjfrellc
09-01-2005, 20:36
Found an answer in todays Walter Mossberg Mailbox column in Wall Street Journal:

Q: I have my entire music library on my iPod, placed there using Apple's iTunes software on my main PC. Now, I want to move all the music to a second computer. But the iPod doesn't have the capability to synchronize music to a second computer, even using the Apple iTunes software. When I try, iTunes warns that it will overwrite my iPod with its own library, which, on this second computer, is empty. Is there a way to do this?

A: Yes. Apple did cripple iPod-to-computer transfers, in order to please the record industry, which feared the iPod might be used to copy music to the computers of people who hadn't purchased it, either from Apple's iTunes store or in the form of CDs. But many utility programs have been created to allow iPod-to-computer transfers.

I have tested two such programs, and found they work well. One, for Windows, is CopyPod, which costs $19.90, at copypod.ouvaton.org. The other, for the Macintosh, is iPodRip, at $15, from www.thelittleappfactory.com.