UFC 54 results [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UFC 54 results

gr81disp
08-24-2005, 18:18
Format: fighter1 v. fighter 2: winner how round time elapsed

Non-televised matches:
Matt Lindland v. Joe Doerkson: Lindland Dec.
Travis Lutter v. Trevor Prangley: Prangley Dec.

Undercard:

Tim Sylvia v. Tre Telligman: Sylvia KO 1RD 4:59.99

Diego Sanchez v. Brian Gassaway: Sanchez SUB 2RD 1:56

Frank Trigg v. Georges St. Pierre: St. Pierre SUB 1RD 4:09

Terry Martin v. James Irvin: Irvin KO 1RD 0:09

Randy Couture v. Mike Van Arsdale: Courture SUB 3RD 0:52

Main Event:
LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell (14W-3L-0D)v. Jeremy "Gumby" Horn(75W-13L-5D):
Liddell by TKO at 2:46 of the fourth round.
(and yes, that is Horn's correct record)

el_jewapo
08-26-2005, 19:47
Did you see the show? That head kick Sylvia landed on Telligman was crazy! I thought he was dead.

I expected Horn to beat Chuck.

walangkatapat
08-26-2005, 23:55
Originally posted by el_jewapo
Did you see the show? That head kick Sylvia landed on Telligman was crazy! I thought he was dead.

I expected Horn to beat Chuck.

Was it Horn's record that made you think he'd win?

el_jewapo
08-27-2005, 18:46
Originally posted by walangkatapat
Was it Horn's record that made you think he'd win?

No, records don't mean much to me. I didn't think Chuck would be able to knock him out and I thought he would gas out in the later rounds. I was wrong.

tiva
08-29-2005, 10:46
Dude I have a feeling Chuck is gonna hold that belt for a while, have you noticed how hard it was for Randy and Tito to take him down. And nobody can out box that guy.

el_jewapo
08-29-2005, 15:21
Originally posted by tiva
Dude I have a feeling Chuck is gonna hold that belt for a while, have you noticed how hard it was for Randy and Tito to take him down. And nobody can out box that guy.

Randy out boxed him in their first fight. Quinton Jackson out boxed him in the Pride GP 2 years ago. Both of those fights ended on the ground, but they got the better of the exchanges standing to set up the take downs.

Skpotamus
08-31-2005, 00:47
I think age had a lot to do with Randy losing. Look at his last two fights compared to the Tito and Chuck 1. He looks like time is finally catching up with him.

In the UFC there aren't really any fighters that will be able to beat chuck at 205 for quite some time. In Pride, I don't think he'd ever get his hand s on a belt.

I would like to see him go over to Pride again and fight some of their guys, his record in pride is 2-1, his wins were against opponents with lackluster records and performances. He has gotten better though it seems, and I would like to see how he really stacks up in that weight class.

tiva
09-01-2005, 11:15
"Randy out boxed him in their first fight. Quinton Jackson out boxed him in the Pride GP 2 years ago. Both of those fights ended on the ground, but they got the better of the exchanges standing to set up the take downs"

You can't even to begin to compare Chuck to himself in those past fights. He has obviosly upped his training and i honestly think he would easily beat Rampage when they fight again. And anyone who thinks he couldn't beet Vanderlie is crazy, he boxes to wildly and Chuck would sneak one of those knockout punches in eventually and he is too SHORT. So why won't he be able to get a belt in Pride?;Q

gr81disp
09-02-2005, 19:41
screeeeeee....Chuck's opponents were lackluster in Pride? He beat, no, KNOCKED OUT Alistair Overeem. Ya know, the guy who choked out Vitor and Igor and almost caught Shogun with the same choke? Also, he has knocked out Babalu, Couture, Horn(technically it was a TKO), and Tito, who have NEVER been knocked out in their CAREERS (and Couture has faced Pedro Rizzo). Add on Guy Mezger and Kevin Randelman (who knocked out Cro-Cop), and you have some damn impressive wins. Now, I am not saying he will steamroll whoever he faces, but the fact is that he isn't a chump and could easily beat WHOEVER he faces if he lands that neutron bomb of a right hand.

jeremy54b
09-14-2005, 00:44
Liddell is HARD-CORE. I definitely love watching him fight, but wouldn't want to get within 10' of him if he perceives a threat!