Winchester 127gr +p+ 9mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 127gr +p+ 9mm

jlkwison
08-25-2005, 22:27
Hi Guys, hope you are all doing fine. Hope you can help me with finding something...

Does anyone know where I could buy Winchester's ranger 9mm 127gr jhp +p+ here in the Philippines ? I read that this bullet is a real fight stopper for the 9m cal. It has excellent expansion, hard object & soft tissue penetration and controllable recoil.

Thanks lots

mc_oliver
08-26-2005, 08:21
Para saan yan dre? Glock? If so, have you tried shooting 115/125gr corbons through it or the federal hydrashok 124grs? If not, I suggest you do. If you find the recoil harsh, better stick to the normal loadings. ;)

Anyway, dati I tried looking for the same loads but could not find any. Funny thing is, I found lots of +P+ shells sa range. Somebody must be hoarding it. ;f

jlkwison
08-27-2005, 04:08
Yup, its for g19 or g17. I've shot the corbon 115 +p and it kicks, so right now im using the fed 124. The reason for the +p+ is that my brother is considering a g19 or 17 for duty and carry and I feel that the ranger +p+ would really be at a good LE load since US LEs have had a lot of nice things to say about it. Our other option is to go for the 40 g22 but he feels uneasy because of the kboom stories with reloads (he'll be using reloads for practice using his spent casings from once fired armscor 40s)...I told him though that he can buy a barsto barrel for practice and that I haven't heard of a barsto being involved in a kb (is there ?) and if so, its full support feature would probably deflect the venting gases away from the trigger which normally causes finger lacerations in 40 kbs in glocks with original barrels. Thanks. :)

batangueno
08-27-2005, 06:46
The closest thing you can get to a +p+ catridge here is to have them loaded for you. Get speer gold dot heads, brand new winchester shells and have them loaded at stronghand. They could be better than factory if you can find the right recipe.

flyboy 1
09-11-2005, 02:57

Nano Cacho III
09-11-2005, 07:59
Hello!

My 2 cents worth. If your recoil sensetive go for the 115gr+P+. It will be sufficient for Filipino Sized targets. I would not recommend anything LESS for a 9mm. I hope this helps!

Cheers!

Nano

jlkwison
09-13-2005, 03:19
Originally posted by flyboy 1
Jlkwison,

Bearing in mind that accurate shot placement and rapid fire controllability are more important than your choice of ammunition, I have the following info to contribute that might prove helpful.

Stronghand used to sell the 9mm Winchester Ranger RA9TA 127gr +P+ loads about a year ago. I managed to get several boxes back then, and they are the current loads in my Glocks. They are quite manageable to shoot, and as you said are highly rated by various U.S. Law Enforcement agencies.

Since nobody is currently selling the Rangers, the next best 9mm load commercially available in Manila would be the Corbon 115gr +P's. Although most would acknowledge the edge of the Rangers over Corbons in mediums such as automotive glass, the Corbon's have proven to be highly rated stoppers in civilian defensive shootings in the U.S. Based on current trends and statistics compiled by Evan Marshall and Ed Sanow, the most effective loads for the 9mm are the Winchester Ranger 127gr RA9TA +P+ and 147gr RA9T, Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P, Remington 115gr +P+, and Corbon 115gr +P. I may have ommited some but those are the top loads in a nutshell, and I wouldn't hesitate to choose from any of these if given the chance.

Hope this helps you. Regards.
;Y

Sir Flyboy 1

Thanks lots for the info. :)

jlkwison
09-13-2005, 03:24
Thanks guys for helping me out! TCs. ;)