Ok I got bitten... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ok I got bitten...

mally_b
08-26-2005, 00:10
by the writing bug.

I do not normally write anything but my journal, a few short storys and passible poems. Reciently I had a whole plot for a book run thru my head, now I just have to write it. I need help I have never considered myself a writer or even intelegent for that matter so writing a book has always been far from my mind. I have the grammer and spelling abilities of a 10 year old and the creativity of a toad so this task seems pretty big to me. For reasons that will remain my own I feel I must write this story. Do you have any helpful hints for me or advice??

Also how do I go about researching different facts I need to make the book as true to life as I can? Do you normally ask friends questions or random people who and how do you approach them???

Ok thats enough questions for now I appreciate any advice you have to give. Thank you, M;f

Miss Maggie
08-26-2005, 13:23
Just write. Don't worry so much about grammar and punctuation right now as you do about getting the story down. Grammar and punctiuation can be corrected in later drafts. Editors can be engaged to help with such things when you get the story far enough along.

To a certain extent, the research would depend on the type of book you are writing. It pays to use settings you are familiar with, or to be sure you have a good source for your research which will make your scenes and settings as realistic as possible.

Even if you're writing fantasy, it must be done in such a way that the reader will suspend unbelief and follow you into the world you create. In regular works of fiction, the facts in your settings and background must be accurate and believable.

On the question of researching others, it never hurts to talk to as many people as you can. Be forewarned though, usually if you say you're writing a book many people will close up on you. Sometimes, it's best to just get what information you can without announcing the big secret.

Mona Tippins
08-27-2005, 12:23
Writers can click on Infinity publishing and request a free book about publishing and how to get your manuscript going in the compter. Very helpful!

Miss Maggie
08-27-2005, 12:27
#wav. Hi, Mona Tippins. Welcome. I haven't seen you around here before.

Clean19
09-01-2005, 08:06
Mally I've read a couple of your post in the past and you seem very intelegent to me. Just thought I would let you know. Good luck with your book.

mally_b
09-02-2005, 00:37
Originally posted by Clean19
Mally I've read a couple of your post in the past and you seem very intelegent to me. Just thought I would let you know. Good luck with your book. Thank you. You are very kind. I am trying and I am uncertian if the book is going to turn out being good or not but I have to give it a shot. Once bitten and all that;)

I sure appreciate the encouragement though it means a lot.;f

MrsKitty
09-02-2005, 22:40
#wav

You can do it!

Just start it...