"Flip the Condo" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Flip the Condo"

Str8shootr
08-26-2005, 12:46
Has anyone here been playing the "Flip the Condo" game down in Florida.

I have a friend that has played it twice and won big.

He puts 10% down on a spec condo project. The condo appreciates 3-4% a month while it is being constructed, when it is ready to occupy he sells it and cashes in. He says the condo was sold for a 40% increase in value from his original purchase price. Not a bad return for only investing 10% down. Hmmm

Mark G.
08-31-2005, 06:07
Don't know anyone personally that has done it, but a friend of a friend has done it with similar results. She is now trying to do it as a full time job. I also understand people are doing it in their IRAs (Individual Retirement Account)and not having to pay tax on the gain until they withdraw from their IRA.

Str8shootr
08-31-2005, 14:59
My friend is using his self directed IRA for his investments as well.

duncan
09-14-2005, 17:28
I have a former co-worker in Orlando who now owns several small houses and each time he gets a bonus check, he uses asa DP for another house.

I've always been interested but it's a market fucntion.

Around Seattle, people want houses with the high cost of housing and the better appreciation for single family properties.

In Ohio, I remmeber people buying houses as the subdivision was being built and getting a 20-30 percent appreciation.
Can anyone who is doing this tell us the DIY.

Mark G.
09-15-2005, 06:16
Duncan,

Spent 2 of the best years (1979-1981) of my life living in Bellevue at 144th Ave NE. I bet things have changed quite a bit. Seattle was a great place then and is probably even better now. Ivars fish bar, nothing better. Are Dick's Drive-In joints still around?

In Cincinnati if you can get in early on the subdivision you can pick up 20% when the subdivision is finished. Sell before it is finished and you will usually lose.

duncan
09-15-2005, 17:13
Yes, Dick's is still around and I love Ivar's and Spud's fish and chips.

Love the Sound and all of the great forests for hunting.

Still a great place to live - looking for a one-two acre big house with a large detached garage in Redmond/Woodinville.

Used to live in Dayton and Dublin, OH.