Prelude time? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Prelude time?

pnarq5
08-26-2005, 19:49
I have a '98 Prelude and am wondering if any Prelude owners have run at the track. If so, what were the times?

method
08-26-2005, 20:02
Don't have one, and I'm assuming you mean 1/4 times..Stock with a 5 speed and a competant driver,I'd guess mid 15's, at 90ish. Decent for it's time for what the car is, but not considered quick or fast at all anymore. There's tons of Honda boards, check one out.

pnarq5
08-26-2005, 20:17
I will. Just wondering because I have beat cars that I think should be much faster. I do not think my car is all that fast, but it seems to do better than the 15.3 @93 that I have seen.

epsylum
08-26-2005, 20:29
Originally posted by pnarq5
I will. Just wondering because I have beat cars that I think should be much faster. I do not think my car is all that fast, but it seems to do better than the 15.3 @93 that I have seen.

all in the driver. I used to have an 86 non-turbo 300ZX. It was okay, nothing scary fast or anything. But I got beat by some cars I thought I should have whupped and I beat some cars that i thought should have beat me. Who knows maybe you are just a better drag racer than those other people.

Right now I have a 95 Mercury Cougar XR7 (V-8 of course ;)). I just like playing with kids who think thier bone stock civic is fast. Not that the cougar is fast, but it looks like a grandma-mobile and has a decent amount of get up and go just due to the V-8s torque (makes crap for HP, no more steam after about 4500 rpm). Every time they want to race again and again becasue they can't admit they just got beat by beat-up looking Cougar. Now I will admit if they spent only a couple grand on their car, they would beat me. But then again I could spend a few grand too. ;f

Oh nevermind the tranny in the Cougar is a huge POS. I think might keep it when I get a new car and then just build it. I have been pricing crate motors and thinking of converting it to a Tremec T-6 manual. Would be fun seeing thier faces when the big ole Cougar sits up and gets the F out of dodge.

Oh BTW is your Lude a 2.2 or a 2.3 (I forget what years are which)?

pnarq5
08-26-2005, 21:06
2.2 195hp and I think 153lb-ft

epsylum
08-26-2005, 21:13
2.2 195hp and I think 153lb-ft

Yup no replacement for displacemnt.....

okay turbos do a good job,........ and nitrous.........

alright maybe a few replacements. ;f

bac1023
08-27-2005, 10:37
That 1/4 mile time looks about right. However, the driver can make a huge difference.

pnarq5
08-27-2005, 10:52
I know that the drive can make a huge difference, but most ot these races that suprise me are not from a stand still. Races off the line is were the drive can make the most difference. Also, the other cars seem to be in the right gear.
Anyway, I am much more fond of the cars handling than it's speed. And don't get me wrong, I do not think that the lude is a fast car.

epsylum
08-27-2005, 20:39
I know that the drive can make a huge difference, but most ot these races that suprise me are not from a stand still. Races off the line is were the drive can make the most difference. Also, the other cars seem to be in the right gear.
Anyway, I am much more fond of the cars handling than it's speed. And don't get me wrong, I do not think that the lude is a fast car.

As long as it's faster than the other car, that's all that matters.

;)

I didn't think my Z was particularly fast, but didn't stop me from racing anybody who wanted to.

The worst I beat someone was a Chevy Xtreme pickup. Man I launched that thing from the light PERFECTLY, chirped the tires going into second, and kept it going. Next thing I new he was almost a block back. He did one of those, "I need to go here" and turn into some place before having to pull up next to me at the next light. Man that was some serious fun. Also the Manual and RWD was grat fun in the Indy snow storms. I could donut that thing on it's axis almost (although my cougar does some serius donuts if I must say so myself).

Sorry, you got me thinking of the only "sporty" car I have ever owned.

bac1023
08-28-2005, 07:35
I never had a Prelude, but my father and a friend of mine each had one. They are good handling cars.

fnfalman
09-04-2005, 11:18
The Prelude may not be extremely fast, but it was a very sporty vehicle. I had the 96 Si and I had a blast with it. To me, that was the best looking 'Lude of all time with its funky spaceship dashboard and petite body.