.avi to DVD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : .avi to DVD

SavageDragon
08-27-2005, 09:16
I want to make a DVD out of .avi's i already have. I have never burned a dvd before so i started searching. I found a copy of neoDVDplus5. It looks like it is doing what it's supposed too, but it is decompressing the files from 300-320MB to almost 4GB's. Is this normal? I thought of double layer dvd's but i don't think i have a double layer burner. Any advice, knowledge, or instructions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Washington,D.C.
08-27-2005, 16:21
As long as you can watch them on DVD player it sounds like it working properly.

Here is another program to convert AVI to DVD

http://www.majorgeeks.com/DivxToDVD_d4408.html

Washington,D.C.
08-27-2005, 16:42
This is for different software but the links here have good info on converting AVI to DVD.

http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=27&highlight=recommended+procedure

SavageDragon
08-29-2005, 12:13
Thanks for the links! The program you suggested converts the files to about 1.3GB's. Now my problem is in trying to burn more than one on a DVD. I should be able to fit 3 files on a DVD. They are all in seperate folders but contain the same file names. (.vob, .ifo, etc.) Is there a way to put more than one on a single DVD?

pyblood
08-29-2005, 15:29
I convert a lot of AVI files and burn them to DVD. I use NeroVision Express to do this. I can add as many avi files as I want as long as it doesnít exceed the DVDís capacity. It converts and burns the DVDs for me. I havenít had a DVD player to not read one yet.

SavageDragon
08-29-2005, 16:28
Originally posted by pyblood
I convert a lot of AVI files and burn them to DVD. I use NeroVision Express to do this. I can add as many avi files as I want as long as it doesnít exceed the DVDís capacity. It converts and burns the DVDs for me. I havenít had a DVD player to not read one yet.

Does it give you a menu to select which vid you want to view?

Kjott21
08-29-2005, 21:49
Yeah Nero Vision will let you create a menu and chapters.