toxic
08-29-2005, 04:22
Originally posted by glockrecoil
Me and my dad plan to buy a glock 17. How much is it? Im here in manila. Thx

40K up

just to make sure PM Deenoh

GLOCKSTER2000
08-29-2005, 04:27
Two months ago the price of a new Glock 22 at Twinpines was 43,700 pesos. A Glock 17 may cost less. Yes, I think it is around 40,000 plus.

BULIK
08-29-2005, 04:34
last gun show,35k nlng,tumaas man yun konti lang
better PM deenoh,Im sure he can help!;)
lalo na kung BOGS!:)

9MX
08-29-2005, 05:26
si trust trade, gunshow price pa din ata. saw it last week at makatic cinema square

glockrecoil
08-29-2005, 06:03
Thanks for the reply. I thought the glock 17 is only between 25-30k.
Is there a good 9mm pistol that's durable and has an easy handling for begginers that costs only 20-30k? Thx

mikol
08-29-2005, 07:31
Thanks for the reply. I thought the glock 17 is only between 25-30k.
Is there a good 9mm pistol that's durable and has an easy handling for begginers that costs only 20-30k? Thx
just add a bit of dough and you can get a CZ75, or a CZ85 if you are a lefty. ;f
but if your on that fixed budget, try to check the Daewoo DP-51, Tanfoglio(P9 Series)from Amrscor or their 1911 format 9mm.;f

Arpee
08-29-2005, 07:33
You can also try Taurus pistols. Taurus 915SS (in the US, this is a 911SS) was my first pistol and it was easy to field strip. If you plan to go on practical shooting, you can also take those with 5" barrels. It has a decocker and cock-and-lock feature.

Go to Trust Trade to see one. Last time I look, it was less than P30K.

nyordak17
08-29-2005, 07:34

Try Taurus PT92 pistols (beretta 92fs clones). not sure of the exact price but i know it's cheaper than Glocks.:)

glockrecoil
08-29-2005, 08:30
Originally posted by Arpee
You can also try Taurus pistols. Taurus 915SS (in the US, this is a 911SS) was my first pistol and it was easy to field strip. If you plan to go on practical shooting, you can also take those with 5" barrels. It has a decocker and cock-and-lock feature.

I really plan on buying a taurus like beretta but is it gun range & anti-jamming friendly?

glockrecoil
08-29-2005, 08:37

I really plan on buying a taurus like beretta but is it gun range & anti-jamming friendly

vega
08-29-2005, 08:49
I really plan on buying a taurus like beretta but is it gun range & anti-jamming friendly
I don't own a Taurus semi-auto but I have a revolver. I can't comment on their pistols. You might want to compete someday and I haven't really seen one competing with it. You might want to do a little more research before you take the plunge. You can't really go wrong with a Glock or with an XD9 (HS2000).

vega

glockrecoil
08-29-2005, 08:56
Originally posted by vega
I don't own a Taurus semi-auto but I have a revolver. I can't comment on their pistols. You might want to compete someday and I haven't really seen one competing with it. You might want to do a little more research before you take the plunge. You can't really go wrong with a Glock or with an XD9 (HS2000).

vega

I think ill just save enough money to acquire a glock. By the way what kind of glock are commonly used in competitions and what kind of ammunition is affordable and commonly used in gun range.Thx very much.

batangueno
08-29-2005, 09:08
I think ill just save enough money to acquire a glock. By the way what kind of glock are commonly used in competitions and what kind of ammunition is affordable and commonly used in gun range.Thx very much.
Good decision. ;f

G17 using fmj or teflon reloads.

glockrecoil
08-29-2005, 09:16
Originally posted by batangueno
Good decision. ;f

G17 using fmj or teflon reloads.

10k more and glock here I come ;z

Arpee
08-29-2005, 09:20
I used to compete in production using Taurus. ;f There are actually two of us who used Taurus. If you go to Trust Trade, there will be pictures of local shooters who use Taurus pistols and have won. :)

However, Glock is definitely a good pistol and a lot of shooters use this compared to others. As for me, I now use a CZ75 for production. My former pistol (sniff.. sniff ;e ) was bought by a friend who uses it for carry weapon and shoots every now and then in the range.
:)

glockrecoil
08-29-2005, 09:24
I used to compete in production using Taurus. ;f There are actually two of us who used Taurus. If you go to Trust Trade, there will be pictures of local shooters who use Taurus pistols and have won. :)

However, Glock is definitely a good pistol and a lot of shooters use this compared to others. As for me, I now use a CZ75 for production. My former pistol (sniff.. sniff ;e ) was bought by a friend who uses it for carry weapon and shoots every now and then in the range.
:)

Can I ask how much is the CZ 75, is it cheaper than the glock 17, how much is it? Thx

Arpee
08-29-2005, 09:53
I bought my CZ75B two years ago pa (July 2003) and it was P31K excluding the license during the gunshow. You can ask PBDionisio or Hahn_Manila to get an approximate cost and compare with Glock. The cost that they will give will be cheaper on the next gunshow (first week of November 2005).

BTW, just a clarification also :) , when I said

"If you go to Trust Trade, there will be pictures of local shooters who use Taurus pistols and have won."

Hindi ako isa sa mga shooters doon. ;f I just shoot for fun.:cool:

glockrecoil
08-29-2005, 10:03
I bought my CZ75B two years ago pa (July 2003) and it was P31K excluding the license during the gunshow. You can ask PBDionisio or Hahn_Manila to get an approximate cost and compare with Glock. The cost that they will give will be cheaper on the next gunshow (first week of November 2005).

BTW, just a clarification also :) , when I said

"If you go to Trust Trade, there will be pictures of local shooters who use Taurus pistols and have won."

Hindi ako isa sa mga shooters doon. ;f I just shoot for fun.:cool:

Thx for the info! Do you know where it will be held? I can't wait to buy a discounted pistol.

Arpee
08-29-2005, 19:56
If plans push thru as scheduled:

- Megamall, 5th floor, on one of their trade centers
- November 3 to 7, 2005

just saw it in one of the calendars... :)

Godd Luck ;f

darwin25
08-29-2005, 21:14
I have a Taurus PT-92 AFS that I bought from my dad as well as a Daewoo DP-51. I dont shoot the Taurus much because I find it too bulky and my DP-51 is now in semi retirement. They're both relegated now to home defense. I mostly carry my Norinco .45 and/or my S&W .22 magnum revolver.

nyordak17
08-29-2005, 23:45
I can't wait to buy a discounted pistol.

take it easy bro! wait mo na yung gunshow... kaw din baka magsisi ka ;f kagaya ko ;f mas marami kang choices dun and discounted price pa. Good Luck! :)

toxic
08-30-2005, 01:02
For Comps Stay away from the Taurus PT111 ..OK pa yung PT 92

glockrecoil
08-30-2005, 08:35
Originally posted by toxic
For Comps Stay away from the Taurus PT111 ..OK pa yung PT 92

Thx to all who replied! I just went to PBdionisio earlier and they told me that as a begginer and as a newbie shooter I should try a CZ 75B for its reliability but its costy for a newbie like me, it costs 43k. Will it go down?? Thx

batangueno
08-30-2005, 09:29
Thx to all who replied! I just went to PBdionisio earlier and they told me that as a begginer and as a newbie shooter I should try a CZ 75B for its reliability but its costy for a newbie like me, it costs 43k. Will it go down?? Thx
During the gunshow, yes it will.

Arpee
08-30-2005, 09:40
If you can wait till November, prices of guns will be cheaper in the gunshow compared to what is quoted now. You'll have lots of choices there.

I believe my CZ75 was approx 10-15% lower during the July 2003 gun show.

If you want to shoot production, take the 9mm. Aside from the gun, remember to eventually have a budget for bullets, holster, magazine pouch, ear/eye protector (first priority) and belt. You can ask the shooters there also. :)

Good Luck ;f

glockrecoil
08-30-2005, 16:38
If you can wait till November, prices of guns will be cheaper in the gunshow compared to what is quoted now. You'll have lots of choices there.

I believe my CZ75 was approx 10-15% lower during the July 2003 gun show.

If you want to shoot production, take the 9mm. Aside from the gun, remember to eventually have a budget for bullets, holster, magazine pouch, ear/eye protector (first priority) and belt. You can ask the shooters there also. :)

Good Luck ;f

Ill just wait till november;Q more choices :)

ppts799
08-30-2005, 23:48
like what others said, stores are still selling glocks NOW at last gunshow price.

Jhutts
09-02-2005, 23:31
just bought my G17 3 months ago. 39,500 sa twin pines. Including license non-apperance.

Gun show price trust trade and twin pines - 34,020 plus license fee. pero until now twin pines is offering gun show price for glock.