help with my friend's G19 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : help with my friend's G19

Dok
08-29-2005, 04:21
it was bought new from trust trade, he went to range yesterday and shot 150 rounds of factory ammo.

problem: all shells have 2mm - 8mm cracks parallel to the shells.

any possible cause?

noted to have a 2mm scratch inside the barrel (groove area)perpendicular to the barrel

batangueno
08-29-2005, 05:36
Check the barrel carefully. If it's a factory defect then return the pistol to trust trade immediately. But if the barrel scratch was caused by a faulty reload (squib, double charge, etc.) then your friend needs to buy a replacement barrel. Better yet, show the pistol to a gunsmith, he will know what's wrong with the barrel.

vega
08-29-2005, 08:42
Originally posted by Dok
it was bought new from trust trade, he went to range yesterday and shot 150 rounds of factory ammo.

problem: all shells have 2mm - 8mm cracks parallel to the shells.

any possible cause?

noted to have a 2mm scratch inside the barrel (groove area)perpendicular to the barrel
What kind of ammo? Armscor or imported? I heard some gun store/s load their own ammo and pass it on as factory load.

Is that a scratch or a crack? FMJ also leaves traces of small amount of lead in the barrel that may look like a scratch. Hope your freind staighten this out with TT.

vega

mc_oliver
08-29-2005, 11:49
Post a pic of the shells if you can. Also, spray the barrel chamber area with break cleaner (NOT CARB CLEANER) so it'll be easier to see if there's a crack. ;)

Dok
08-29-2005, 20:01
ok will post pics ASAP.

armscor factory ammo was used. no lead reload was used. crack starts at the middle portion going up to the rim of the shells. powder burns were also noted around the cracks. i compared the chamber under a strong light with my G19 barrel and i can't seem to find any inconsistencies except for that scratch/crack? inside the barrel.

he already talked to a representative from trust trade, they said they will assist him. they are going to check and the gun personally. i hope it goes well.

thanks guys

toxic
08-30-2005, 01:16
Originally posted by vega
What kind of ammo? Armscor or imported? I heard some gun store/s load their own ammo and pass it on as factory load.

vega

Most likely..

Mang Danny
08-30-2005, 08:17
From your descriptions, seems like a crack in the chamber area or feedramp. Pls post pics.

vega
08-30-2005, 11:29
BTW, nag bonding din ba kayo ng friend mo?;)

vega

9MX
08-30-2005, 18:38
Originally posted by vega
BTW, nag bonding din ba kayo ng friend mo?;)

vega ;z

bertud ng putik
08-31-2005, 03:02
bakit nagkaka ganyan ang mga glock ngayon? gustong gusto ko pa naman nyan.

Dok
09-01-2005, 01:16
peepz thanks sa replies. i can't post any shell pics, binigay na raw lahat sa trust trade. mukhang papalitan nang bago according to him.