Pride Final Conflict results [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pride Final Conflict results

el_jewapo
08-29-2005, 15:37
1 Kazuhiro Nakamura Igor Vovchanchyn Decision (Unaminous) 5:00 2
2 Ricardo Arona Wanderlei Silva Decision (Unaminous) 5:00 2 (Bummer!!)
3 Mauricio Rua Alistair Overeem TKO (Strikes) 6:42 1
4 Fabricio Werdum Roman Zentsov Submision (Triangle Armbar) 6:01 1
5 Hidehiko Yoshida David Abbott Submission (Choke) 7:40 1
6 Fedor Emelianenko Mirko Filipovic Decision (Unaminous) 5:00 3
7 Mauricio Rua Ricardo Arona KO (Strikes) 2:54 1

Did anyone watch this? It was a pretty good show, I was very disappointed that Silva lost to Arona. The Heavyweight title fight between Fedor and Cro-Cop was awesome! It lived up to the hype if you ask me.

Muricio "Shogun" Rua destroyed Ricardo Arona to win the tournament!

The Light heavyweight fights really shook up the Light heavyweight rankings. It's hard to say who's number 1 now. It's close between Silva and Rua. Even though Arona beat Silva, I think he's lucky to be in the top 5. I think Silva gave Arona too much respect. Shogun came out with ZERO respect for Aronas game and completely dominated him!

I wish we could see Chuck Liddell fight some of these guys to see who's really the best.

And Fedor Emelianenko is not human!

Torvalus
08-29-2005, 22:46
Fedor Emelianenko is a beast! Pound for pound the best fighter in the world. I'm glad wanderlei lost, he's a great fighter, but I never liked him.

grenadier
08-30-2005, 07:48
David "Tank" Abbott is still fighting? I thought he was in jail at this time...

el_jewapo
08-30-2005, 20:45
Originally posted by grenadier
David "Tank" Abbott is still fighting? I thought he was in jail at this time...

Yeah, he's old and it shows. He still has plenty of knock out power, but he has the worst submission defence in the sport (UFC/Pride level anyway).

It's fun to see him fight someone that will stand with him, he gets ko'd from time to time but he has the ultimate punchers chance. Nothing like a good Tank Abbot ko! They should only sign him up against strikers.

gr81disp
09-02-2005, 19:45
No, there is no need to qualify that statement, he has the worst sub defense in the sport period.