Share ko lang [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Share ko lang

Wp.22
08-30-2005, 02:37
This is not about my friend but my best friend which is my dad.

When we younger we used to fear my dad very patriacal kami whatever decision we make must be approved firt by my dad. from what course to take in college to what type of car major factor ang decision nya even to the renovation sa lilipatan kung bahay majrity ng decision siya.

At a very young age together with my two older sister and my younger brothers we would do summer job to the factory. Walang gimik or summer na hindi kami nagtratrabaho. Imagine that at ang early age of 15 and 13 nagawa namin yung plumbing system ng bahay namin na sinusupervise lang nya kami. In short i learned alot from him than in my practical class in school. One time he made my school project the AC/DC converter i got a grade of 100. Jack of all trade and dad ko he was an electrical engineer graduate he knows almost everything plus he has a photographic memory. Like any father and son relationship hindi naman laging smooth ang relationship sometimes we would differ in opinions or kahit sa bahay na pagagalitan ka pa sa nangyari sa office inisip ko na lang na concern siya dahil half his life he devoted in the company at ayaw nya na mapabayaan.

Four or five years ago we came into a cross road when he complained of chest pain. I brought him to the ER then they give him medicine for the pain. The next day he went to his doctor and he was advise to do some series of test. the results were he needed an immediate quadruple bypass. He passed the procedure with flying colors for close to one month my home was st. lukes hospital.

now we are again in crossroad last thursday we ad him checked for executive check-up dahil biglang pumayat at anhihirapan maglakad. We were thinking that na stress siya becuase my niece was still in the hopsital three month after she was born. Even our family doctor was shocked when he saw my dad because my dad regularly goes to the hospital for check-ups malusog naman.

Blood testing was done, 2d echo as advice of his cardiologist, x-ray wala naman makita perferct health sabi nga wala lang ganang kumain. Then sunday he undergo a ultra sound for his stomach then nakita na yung right kidney may parang mass na nakapatong hindi sure kung ano pero may inkling na yung doctor kailangan lang ng confirmation through ct scan.

I was there when he undergo ct scan there i saw in screen ho big is the mass i ask the techinician ano yung deadma lang siya i asked him what time can we get the result sabi afternoon pa so sabi ko sa mom ko uwi muna ako kasi maglilinis pa ako ng room at matutulog muna ako.

Then suddenly parang may gumising sa akin. Bumaba ako sa room ko papunta sa dining area i saw my sister crying on the phone while talking to my uncle sabi nga daw ng doctor na cancer yun at nasa stage 4 kumlat na raw sa lungs at bones yung cancer cells.

Upto now my dad does not know that he has cancer and was given 3-4 months na lang but deep inside i know that he has inclination na matindi yung sakit. Even though he does not manifest physical pain. According to the doctors malabo na ang chances ng dad ko given his age of 76 medyo frail na dahil pumayat baka lalo lang mapadali kung bubuksan pa.

I tried to be strong infront of my dad and everybody else in my family isip ko lahat kami masyadong emotional lalong walang mangyayari sa amin. pero deep inside ang hirap pala im praying na hindi na siya masaktan pa bago kunin ni lord.

Im not a religious person but in situation like this isa lang naman ang makakatulong sa atin. PLs pray for my dad.

mikol
08-30-2005, 03:06
Originally posted by Wp.22
I tried to be strong infront of my dad and everybody else in my family isip ko lahat kami masyadong emotional lalong walang mangyayari sa amin. pero deep inside ang hirap pala im praying na hindi na siya masaktan pa bago kunin ni lord.

Im not a religious person but in situation like this isa lang naman ang makakatulong sa atin. PLs pray for my dad.
ganyan talaga ang buhay bro. kanya-kanyang panahon lang yan, kung oras mo na talaga oras muna.
just be thankfull to God that your Dad had spent fully his borrowed life time in this earth that we are all temporarily leaving. And your right, praying will be a good start lalo na sinabi mo na dika religious na person.
It might be a wake-up call for you and your family to give more time with each other(praying) than trying to figure out how to expand your business or how to make more money out of it.
i dasal mo nalang kapatid na kung kunin man ni Lord ang tatay mo, he will let him leave in peace and not in pain.
Don't you worry bro, your intensions will be added in my prayers kapatid.

bokbok_05
08-30-2005, 03:30
Your Dad and your family are in my prayers. Be strong.

SMBeerDealer
08-30-2005, 04:07
It's really difficult going through a time like this. I know how it is. You're all in my prayers.

toxic
08-30-2005, 04:49
Thats life ..we really dont know whats gonna happen..
You've got to be strong for your family ..

Prayers for your Best Friend..Your Dad.

lagriffe
08-30-2005, 05:05
Be strong for your dad in the same way he was strong for you a million times in your life. Relive with him your favorite moments and tell him how much you love him. Rock on!

atmarcella
08-30-2005, 06:26
my mom also died of cancer at the age of 49, bro advice ko lang sabihin mo na lahat na gusto mo sabihin sa kanya, times like this every second counts talaga, spend most of your time with him, para no regrets later, pagdasal namin dad mo bro.

kristiansen
08-30-2005, 06:47
pray..... I had a similar experience but this time about an uncle,also a father figure to me since he was the one who took care of me and trained me when my dad passed away when i was 9 yrs. old.,Last January 2004,He was diagnosed to have lung cancer stage 3.I was there when they checked him.he's a smoker BTW.he was quite ok then the chemo theraphy starts.i saw how slowly this thing got him.he was in and out of the hospital.until the very end he was fighting but the body can't take it anymore.he passed away last aug.2004.i know how you are feeling man,I'm with you and will include your dad in our prayers.may i know his name please.be strong.every day is a blessing.

Alexii
08-30-2005, 06:56
Originally posted by kristiansen
every day is a blessing.

Very true words, Eric.

Wp.22, prayers tonight for your Dad. Seems you learned a lot from the man. Make the remaining months count. My wife's Dad is now in the hospital battling brain cancer which metastasized from his bout with lung cancer two years prior.

God bless.

MELBU
08-30-2005, 06:57
Prayers for your dad bro.

God bless

Melbu

nrmcolt
08-30-2005, 07:28
I know how you feel, my dad also died of cancer(lung), he died in the States. Looking back, nagsisisi talaga ako dahil nung kabataan ko, rebelde ako at nagdaan ang panahon na hindi ko man lang nasabi sa kanya na mahal ko siya bago sila nagpunta ng US. Kaya, kung may pagkakataon, yakapin mo siya at sabihin mo na mahal na mahal mo siya habang siya ay nabubuhay pa.

Prayers to you and yours.

Kiddo
08-30-2005, 07:42
Just as what others have said, pray for strength. Your father will be in my prayers too. God bless.

vega
08-30-2005, 07:48
Originally posted by atmarcella
bro advice ko lang sabihin mo na lahat na gusto mo sabihin sa kanya, times like this every second counts talaga,
+1
Be strong.

vega

nyordak17
08-30-2005, 08:01
PRAYERS SENT...

be strong dude! kaya mo yan!

doctabako
08-30-2005, 08:08
This is a difficult time for you but I know how you feel.
My late father and I both have strong personalities and stubborn natures and have always been at odds ever since I was a teen. We've frequently been at loggerheads with the decisions I've made while growing up but we usually just agree to disagree. The only time I got closer to him was when I decided to practice here in his province. Things were okay but we were always careful not to step on each others toes and medyo ilag pa rin sa isa't isa.
Four years ago at age 56, he suffered from a massive stroke that lead to his death a few days later, I wasn't even able to say goodbye as he was comatose the whole time leading up to the time he expired.

Make the most of the time he has left and tell him how much you love him and how much you appreciate everything he's done for you and your family. Make him comfortable and be thankful that God gave you this time. Be strong bro.

Mang Danny
08-30-2005, 08:08
My father passed away in 1996, my mom in 1998. Both from cancer. Be strong and keep your faith.

bagito
08-30-2005, 08:18
prayers for you and for your family. be strong bro.
maybe its also a good idea if you let him know what is his situation.
mas maluwag kasi ang kalooban ng bawat isa kung matatanggap natin ang katotohanan sa una mahirap denial stage pero wala tayong magagawa kung yun ang kagustuhan ng ating Diyos na lumikha. at pwede rin nyang gawing 4 years ang sinabi ng doktor na 4 months. miracles happen. God bless.

Allegra
08-30-2005, 08:28
Hey bro, I've been there
My dad battled cancer for 6 years, he died on my birthday pa
Tama ka , you have to be strong for your family especially your mom , you have to be the man
Parati positive in front of them , you have to be their source of strength

jerrytrini
08-30-2005, 09:43
My thoughts are with you and your family.

batangueno
08-30-2005, 09:46
Prayers for your dad.

i_am_infinity
08-30-2005, 13:51
we all have to go sometime, it's written in the bible that all have to face the music somehow. in heaven we are promised mansions and peace and comfort, and it is also written that there will be no crying anymore. WP, God opens our eyes in everything that happens in our lives and i hope that u would see what God wants u to learn and that you may apply it in your life. Just a reminder, religion is never the answer..it's your relationship with God that matters most and how you respond to His voice. God bless to you and your family!!

Wp.22
08-30-2005, 19:33
thanks for the encouraging reply's dito na lang yung outlet ko. Right now while typing i feel like crying.

Today is the day that our family doctor will tell my dad. one on one lang sila after even us and my mom will not be there pagkatpos na lang ang kasama lang ng dad ko yung close namin uncle para kahit papano may kasanga siya kung papayag ang doctor. I think papayag naman.

Thank you again BOG's even though you don't know me personally but you share your sincere thoughts and encouragement.

sincerely,
Esmeraldo Nicolas M. Lapus II

Chie
08-30-2005, 21:18
U just have to remember that there is nothing permanent in the world we live in. All of us have to sooner or later, It's just unfair that good folks go earlier than our politician's! ;)

From what I read, It seems that your dad is the man! I belive that he would want you be the strong one in the family, from which other family members will get their strength from. Always be positive even if things are hard to accept.

Fill the remaining days of your dad with happy thoughts, so you will have no regrets.

God bless your family.

Paltog
08-31-2005, 06:19
Be strong bro and make the best of whatever time you have with your dad....your post struck me cuz I just lost my dear mother last August 12...(my dad died '76 pa)...I just arrived from Ilocos 3 days ago..still am trying to recover emotionally and physically(1 week ang lamay namin, had to wait for my bro to arrive from Canada)...Prayers for your dad tonite...

atmarcella
08-31-2005, 07:14
paltog,

sir condolence.

Kiddo
08-31-2005, 07:41
Condolence paltog. God bless.

doctabako
08-31-2005, 07:59
My Condolences Paltog on your mother's passing.

dbp
08-31-2005, 08:29
To WP.22 and Paltog...my sincerest prayers...hope you all be strong..I also lost my sister and mom this year. My sister to cancer and my mom to old age...Prepare what is necessary and cherish their memories...In the end we take consolance that those who passed away were properly love and taken care for... we who are left on this earth sometimes are the ones who suffer most maybe due to nagging memories or "what if ...had i done this..."situation. Hope both of you remain strong and put faith in our Creator ..take consolance that they our love ones are in peace and have our daily prayers... JM2CW

PMMA97
08-31-2005, 14:58
Originally posted by nrmcolt
Kaya, kung may pagkakataon, yakapin mo siya at sabihin mo na mahal na mahal mo siya habang siya ay nabubuhay pa.

My father suffered a severe stroke 3 years ago and doctors back then told me that he won't last the night. Being the Stubborn Marine that he was, hanggang ngayon Strong, Alive and Kicking pa din. Miracles do happen. Tama si nrmcolt. Kiss your father as often times as possible make ammends if needed.

My family will pray for you and your father.

horge
08-31-2005, 16:49
Paltog,
My heartfelt condolences to you.

Wp.22,
Be strong. Your father might appreciate knowing his situation in full and early:
it does take time to settle one's affairs, and to make peace with the Infinite.

9MX
08-31-2005, 18:12
paltog,

condolence

wp22,

prayers sent

kerwin
08-31-2005, 18:41
condolence paltog.

WP 22, make every moment with your Dad count. Tell him you love him, he will never go tired of hearing it. Be strong.

Kerwin

Vault Keeper
08-31-2005, 21:15
Originally posted by Paltog
Be strong bro and make the best of whatever time you have with your dad....your post struck me cuz I just lost my dear mother last August 12...(my dad died '76 pa)...I just arrived from Ilocos 3 days ago..still am trying to recover emotionally and physically(1 week ang lamay namin, had to wait for my bro to arrive from Canada)...Prayers for your dad tonite...

Paltog sir, my condolences to you, prayers will be offered...

Vault Keeper
08-31-2005, 21:26
Wp.22 sir, we both have (and everyone who gave there own sharing) the father who is always so strong...very independent. My dad passed away December, 2003. Cancer too of the spine. The four months that the doctor gave him turned out to be just a few days. But as Sir Bagito said, miracles do happen. If He still has plans for your dad, then His will be done...

It was hard for me to loose my dad that way, as I said he is the very independent, and strong type. Tears flowed from my eyes when he leaned on me for support (something he never did before) when he got up to go to the comfort room, the day before he passed away. Being the only son, in front of my mom and 2 sisters, I have to show a stronger me. But when I'm alone with my wife, that was the time I poured out everything. Take strength from each other and be strong for them.

Will pray for you...

BULIK
08-31-2005, 22:24
Originally posted by doctabako
Make the most of the time he has left and tell him how much you love him and how much you appreciate everything he's done for you and your family. Make him comfortable and be thankful that God gave you this time. Be strong bro. [/B]

sir Wp22.
+1
dis is the best that you can do,

My praters for your DAD Bro.

Paltog,
Condolence po.

Paltog
09-01-2005, 00:44
Guys, thank you so much for your sympathies..my family and I really appreciate it..

SMBeerDealer
09-01-2005, 00:48
My condolences to you and your family, Paltog.

Arpee
09-01-2005, 01:09
condolence, paltog.

WP 22, be strong in front of your dad. I'm sure he will appreciate this.

Ecc 3:1
To all there is an appointed time, even a time for every purpose under the heavens;

prayers for both of you...

agentrod
09-05-2005, 17:53
I can relate to this thread to, my dad is currently battling lung cancer (diagnosed late last year). Yes, he was a smoker. I agree with the advise given (and benefiting from the new ones for me), make each remaining day count but life must go on for those who will be left behind.

toxic
09-08-2005, 02:18
My sincere and deepest sympathy Sir Paltog.

Wp.22
09-30-2005, 20:32
thanks for your prayers. i month exactly after being discharged from the hospital. He is now with the creator drinking beer.

SMBeerDealer
09-30-2005, 20:45
Prayers and condolences to you and your family, Sir Wp.22.

batangueno
09-30-2005, 21:55
Condolences to you and your family, Pot.

Paltog
09-30-2005, 22:26
My condolences to you and your family...

mikol
09-30-2005, 22:45
Originally posted by Paltog
My condolences to you and your family...

my condolences to both of you brothers paltog and wp22.

toxic
10-01-2005, 01:29
prayers sent ..be strong man

i_am_infinity
10-01-2005, 08:13
My sincerest condolences...it's only God who can heal the wounds in
our hearts..turn to Him for comfort!! God bless !!!

atmarcella
10-01-2005, 09:04
pare condolence...may he rest in peace...amen.

Mang Danny
10-01-2005, 09:07
My deep condolences bro.

Alexii
10-01-2005, 09:12
Prayers for you and your family tonight, Paltog. My deep condolonces, bro.

vega
10-01-2005, 09:50
My condolences.

vega

kristiansen
10-02-2005, 04:53
condolence brother.

jerrytrini
10-02-2005, 05:40
My condolences.

jasonub
10-02-2005, 06:40
condolence dre

st. matthew
10-02-2005, 06:58
Condolence Bro

bagito
10-02-2005, 11:41
condolence bro;w

wally0616
10-02-2005, 18:14
My condolences to Paltog and WP.22

Hermo Gut
10-08-2005, 06:57
WP.22, after reading your "Share ko lang" I was deeply touched that I called up my Father to say THANK YOU. Halos same age lang sila.

My condolences, WP.22 and Paltog.

flyboy 1
10-08-2005, 17:30
My deepest condolences to both Wp.22 and Paltog.

bass one
10-11-2005, 03:01
Buong pusong nakikiramay sa inyo Paltog at Esmeraldo...

Wp.22
10-11-2005, 03:22
salamat ng marami

agentrod
10-12-2005, 03:25
nakikiramay sir...