"save in" window view - "list" vs "details" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "save in" window view - "list" vs "details"

Ragin Cajun
08-30-2005, 11:37
Whenever I go to "save" something, for example a picture, the save file popup window comes up in the "list" view. How can I force it to come up in the "DETAILS" view no mater what program I am in??? And be in a larger format. It's a pain to have to resize and change to the details view every time I want to save something.

Thanks

AZ-Boog
08-30-2005, 13:23
Go to "folder/view in the menu bar and hit the "like current folder" button. Mkae sure the current folder you're viewing is setup the way you want to view all folders first.

Ragin Cajun
08-30-2005, 14:15
This is what I see when I try to "save."

What menu bar???

Ragin Cajun
08-30-2005, 14:24
Trying again, my attachment didn't attach.

This is what I see when I try to "save."

What menu bar???

DeadMansLife
08-30-2005, 16:42
That looks like it will be a registry hack to change. I'll look it up.

Ragin Cajun
08-31-2005, 06:01
THANKS!!!

I expect lots of people have the same problem and don't know what to do either.

Bronson7
08-31-2005, 08:21
Just an aside, if you save your screen shots as a .PNG, they'll come out much better:)
Bronson7

Toyman
09-07-2005, 04:59
The "popup window" as you call it is technically called a Common Dialog, in this case, the Save Common Dialog, there's also an Open, Print, Color Selection - these are built into Windows itself, and called by the program. Some programs use their own home grown dialogs as well.

The reason I say this is that these words might be usefull for searching for either registry hacks, or programs to do this.

I used to have a program that would resize the common dialogs as they were created, but it stopped working back when Win95 came out. I'm sure if you searched you could find something.

P.S. Check out my custom places program to customize those locations on the left side:

http://www.ioisland.com/placesbar/index.php