Shooter's Choice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shooter's Choice

nyordak17
08-31-2005, 01:45
guys any idea if this cleaning solvent available here in the Philippines? Tnx in advance!

cebuboy
08-31-2005, 04:02
Originally posted by nyordak17
guys any idea if this cleaning solvent available here in the Philippines? Tnx in advance!

saw some on display during the gunshow, sorry forgot which booth. im currently using their fp10 lube elite and im addicted to the nice smell:)

vega
08-31-2005, 08:38
Just don't leave it in your barrel overnight like hoppes.

vega

mc_oliver
08-31-2005, 11:07
I think what Vega meant was do not leave your hoppes-soaked patch in your barrel overnight lest you forget to take it out in your next range session. ;f;f;c

vega
08-31-2005, 18:38
No, I really meant that. The direction said leave for about 10 minutes only. That stuff is too strong. ;)

vega

nyordak17
08-31-2005, 23:47
Originally posted by cebuboy
saw some on display during the gunshow, sorry forgot which booth. im currently using their fp10 lube elite and im addicted to the nice smell:)

thanks cebuboy, where did you buy the FP10 lube?

Originally posted by vega
Just don't leave it in your barrel overnight like hoppes.

vega

why? what will happen if u leave it overnight? saan ba nakakabili ng hoppes dito sa aten?

tnx in advance!

:)

cebuboy
09-01-2005, 04:35
stronghand is selling both hoppes and shooters choice products:)

nyordak17
09-01-2005, 07:55
Originally posted by cebuboy
stronghand is selling both hoppes and shooters choice products:)

OK! Tnx for the info cebuboy! :)

vega
09-01-2005, 08:06
Originally posted by nyordak17
why? what will happen if u leave it overnight? saan ba nakakabili ng hoppes dito sa aten?

:)

Shooter's choice is powerfull juju. I don't know what harm it will do to your barrel but the manufacturer doesn't recommend overnight soaking. Yung hoppes pwede.

vega

tanduay
09-01-2005, 09:18
Sa totoo lang, before I used to clean my barrel with bore brush. pero ngayon hindi na kung same heads lang gagamitin ko. I use teflon for practice and tmj for competition. Before using tmj nililinis ko muna ang barrel.

Booker3557
09-01-2005, 12:32
Originally posted by vega
Shooter's choice is powerfull juju. I don't know what harm it will do to your barrel but the manufacturer doesn't recommend overnight soaking. Yung hoppes pwede.

vega

Vega is correct. Do not soak or leave these cleaning solution, Shooter's Choice, Hoppes ..., in your barrels. These chemicals were intended for cleaning the residue, especially, copper, from barrels. These are strong enough to literally destroy the lands in barrels. IIRC, I think it's the ammonia content.

Anyway, swab your barrels dry and put a light coating of oil.

jasonub
09-01-2005, 20:55
Originally posted by tanduay
Sa totoo lang, before I used to clean my barrel with bore brush. pero ngayon hindi na kung same heads lang gagamitin ko. I use teflon for practice and tmj for competition. Before using tmj nililinis ko muna ang barrel.

me i use lead for practice and plated for competitions.

after shooting lead. i shoot around 5 rounds of plated through the barrel.

when i get home. it gets soaked by hoppes 9 till i finish cleaning the gun.

then i run tissue through the barrel till it comes out clean.

Kiddo
09-02-2005, 06:02
Question, Is dismantling the firearm and soaking all of it in kerosene for about an hour okay?

cebuboy
09-02-2005, 07:47
it works for me, i use a mixture of kerosenene, gasoline and some atf:) for very dirty guns, i soak it in a sealed container with gasoline overnight. and remember to be extra careful, the stuff is very flammable. only soak the metal parts. you can wipe down the plastic frame with a cloth. or you can mix your own ed's red bore cleaner:)

vega
09-02-2005, 07:54
I tried using kerosene before but I can't stand the smell. Then I need to run the whole pistol (disassembled)under running water to remove the smell of kerosene. I like the smell of Hoppes better.

vega

jojo_G19
09-02-2005, 21:39
honga.. nakakaadik amoy nang hoppes, parang amoy nang pulbura;f