new computer help please [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : new computer help please

cutler686
08-31-2005, 07:46
I am looking for a new lab top computer (my thinkpad died:( ). I did a little shopping around yesterday and found two i am very interested in that had very similar specks but one is much cheaper.

The cheaper one is an Acer with 1GB DDR SDRAM and 100GB hard drive $999.
The more expensive one is a Gateway with 1024 MB DDR memory and 100GBhard drive $1399.
as for everything else, they seem identical.
I am stumped, i have never herd anything about ďAcerĒ before.
the gateway looks a little cooler but i donít know if its worth the extra $$$$.

thanks for any help
;c

pyblood
08-31-2005, 09:06
Acer is a pretty good company. I usually buy Acer laptops. I have only had a few problems with them, and I think they were attributed to employee abuse. I called Acer, they sent a FedEx guy with a tag, and I got it back real fast. I have found Acer to be the best bang for the buck. Hereís a link to an Acer laptop. Itís only $899 with a 3 year warranty.

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=824710

08-31-2005, 15:33
Hmmm i think we need some more info to give you a better idea of your options.

Is this Lab top going to be on a puppy or is this for full grown Lab ?

Is this a "seeing eye lab", some can work a trackball so you need to be specific.

Do you want the USB doggie poop bag despenser or telescoping poop scoop?

You may want the Automatic methane activated Fabreeze despenser depending on the dog food your feeding this four legged moblie computer table.

Petco is having a sale you may want to check them out, make sure to up grade to the 250 poopybite HDD.

Andy

:) :)

im bored sorry.

cutler686
09-01-2005, 11:58
lmao...ok ok i should have just said notebook cut a guy a little slack. anyway i think i am going to go with the gateway :)

Washington,D.C.
09-01-2005, 12:04
I think most of the current Gateway notebooks are made by Emachines which Gateway now owns.I don't know if that's a bad thing or a good thing.I haven't owned one.Just something to know while you're shopping for one.