Anyone here conducting practical shoot seminars? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here conducting practical shoot seminars?

theTactician
09-01-2005, 07:22
im sure there are a lot of gun experts, national champions and instructors here who can help some of us develop more their potentials in the field of practical shooting. So, is there anyone here conducting practical shooting seminars on a regular monthly basis? where? how much does it cost including ammo? I saw this natinal champion in the u.s., David sevigny who conducts training and seminars in the states called "sevigny performance" i think. So, do we anything like this here?

jasonub
09-01-2005, 20:59
none here but we do 1 on 1. if you get in a group, a discount may be in order. though lito never discounts, i may consider.

ego1911
09-02-2005, 08:47
Originally posted by jasonub
none here but we do 1 on 1. if you get in a group, a discount may be in order. though lito never discounts, i may consider.

hmmmm interested ako, PM kita pag na release boga ko.. Thanks in advance for the discount.;)

one_eye_kirat
09-02-2005, 09:25
we teach our members for free :)

AllanRR
09-02-2005, 09:58
I've been looking for something like Gunsite or Thunder Ranch "style" training or courses here in Manila. Maybe if we can get enough people interested, this may happen:)

Allan

jasonub
09-02-2005, 18:12
thunder ranch/gunsite etc caters to self defense shooters. We cater to IPSC shooting.
They will teach you what to do in self defense situations. We just teach you how to shoot real fast and accurately at multiple targets. With 1 foot, leaning. strong and support hand, reloading real fast, stage breakdown for advanced shooters, etc etc etc (in other words, we teach you to have fun with your pistol)

I give free pointers/suggestions all the time when i see some shooter's mistakes.

it may improve your shooting a little or not at all since once we cant see you anymore, old habits return and bring you back to square one.

Allegra
09-02-2005, 20:34
Originally posted by jasonub
thunder ranch/gunsite etc caters to self defense shooters. We cater to IPSC shooting.
They will teach you what to do in self defense situations. We just teach you how to shoot real fast and accurately at multiple targets. With 1 foot, leaning. strong and support hand, reloading real fast, stage breakdown for advanced shooters, etc etc etc (in other words, we teach you to have fun with your pistol)

I give free pointers/suggestions all the time when i see some shooter's mistakes.

it may improve your shooting a little or not at all since once we cant see you anymore, old habits return and bring you back to square one.

According to BE:

Shooting = swimming
IPSC = olympic swimming
Gunsite = rescue swimming

ego1911
09-03-2005, 02:25
Originally posted by one_eye_kirat
we teach our members for free :)

Great!:)

theTactician
09-03-2005, 07:21
where kaya may ganito?

batangueno
09-03-2005, 07:28
Sa Team PB, we have Nixon. He hangs out at the range during weekends and goes with the team during matches. He pays special attention to new members and teaches them during practice and matches.

Allegra
09-03-2005, 09:40
Join any PPSA affiliated gun club na active sa matches
Most of thwem have programs tht teach safety and gunhandling
Tehn get youraelf an instructor for more advanced classes
Or kung nagtitipid ka, hang around at the range kung san madami nag IPSC , madami willing to give pointers

For Defense style of instruction , some of the known American instructors are willing to come here basta may minimum no. of students. Syermpre , dollar rates lampas 20tplus when converted

theTactician
09-04-2005, 03:57
Originally posted by Allegra
Join any PPSA affiliated gun club na active sa matches
Most of thwem have programs tht teach safety and gunhandling
Tehn get youraelf an instructor for more advanced classes
Or kung nagtitipid ka, hang around at the range kung san madami nag IPSC , madami willing to give pointers

For Defense style of instruction , some of the known American instructors are willing to come here basta may minimum no. of students. Syermpre , dollar rates lampas 20tplus when converted

do you think we can ask David Sevigny to come here and instruct those who are enthusiastic enough to learn from him?
this guy's good.

Eye Cutter
09-04-2005, 04:45
I talked to Nixon Sy, yung training coach namin sa team PB. He said he's available to teach those interested every Friday after lunch and Saturdays and Sundays the whole day at the PBD Indoor Range.

Rates are reasonable. 3000 for 4 sessions, 2-3 hrs per session or until hindi mo makuha yung concepts and skill transfer. Bring at least 200rds ammo. Minimum of 2 students per session. Best if 3-4 per class.

You can also arrange to train in an outdoor range if you like. The training sessions include accompanying the members of the class to a level 1 match during an actual competition.

Contact him at PBD Range 373-4545 weekends or text him at 09204310770. Tell him ni-refer namin kayo nila Paul, Joji, Atty. and Doc!

batangueno
09-04-2005, 05:38
Galing magturo nyan si Nixon kahit nag-iinuman kayo dami pa rin lessons. :)

jasonub
09-04-2005, 18:02
yan mura na.

then if you want to win contact us;)

Longbow
09-04-2005, 19:02
Tactician,
Try shooting at the Single Stack Classic match in Barry, Il. Rob Leatham gives classes there for free, if you sign up early and/or shoot on Friday (match schedule is on Friday - Sunday, first week in May).

http://www.1911society.org/

' one of the best matches I've been. I'm sure you'll have a good time.