Opinions pls. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions pls.

nrmcolt
09-01-2005, 10:00
Guys/Gals

Situation: An aggressor (could be male/female) is attacking someone with the intention of great bodily harm or even death with a deadly weapon in hand, you are a ccw holder(PTC), you draw your pistol at low ready and shout command to the attacker to drop the weapon which he/she does but, after dropping said weapon the attacker begin to advance to your position showing signs of aggressive behavior towards you but is unarmed.

Question: What would you do?

Thanks!

horge
09-01-2005, 16:21

I would run away;
advising his would-have-been victim to exploit the opportunity to do the same.

Now, if I was so stupid as to make contact sans bailout path/distance/time...

-Since this aggressor is approaching me DESPITE my firearm and my demand that the aggressor pacify, I'll presume hostile intent versus mesself (lots of prior evidence indicative of hostile intent, neh?).

-Since I am presumably untrained in bare-hands combat, I have only my firearm to defend mesself. Bottom line is, within 20 feet (maybe more) the aggressor gets lathered and rinsed, repeated as necessary. All the while, I will be loudly, verbally terrified that "I am afraid for my life" and further approach means I will fire. No warning shot BS.

I don't care if the aggressor is smaller than me --size is not a good indicator of lethal bare-hands skills, and besides, there might be a backup weapon concealed against me.

If the aggressor's female, well call me chauvinistic but I am not shooting a woman.
Maybe moreso if she's hot.

;f

horge

jasonub
09-01-2005, 17:58
ill shoot the weapon :)

New_comer
09-01-2005, 18:42
Originally posted by nrmcolt
Guys/Gals

Situation: An aggressor (could be male/female) is attacking someone with the intention of great bodily harm or even death with a deadly weapon in hand, you are a ccw holder(PTC), you draw your pistol at low ready and shout command to the attacker to drop the weapon which he/she does but, after dropping said weapon the attacker begin to advance to your position showing signs of aggressive behavior towards you but is unarmed.

Thanks! Nothing.

As I'd surely be at a second floor window, or on the other side of a cyclone fence, so he can't reach me. ;f

jasonub
09-01-2005, 20:51
in the experience of some of the cops where i shoot. if a shot breaks out and its directed near you, the perp usually bolts.

so ill shoot the weapon first knife or gun that was dropped then if he still comes for me ill shoot at a leg or 2 maybe .3 transitions between shots. then if he still crawls for me. take out 2 shoulders(difficult shot since its a small target .5 transitions)

then if he still comes for me empty the mag on the head. .4 splits. RESIDENT EVIL!!!!;f

Alexii
09-01-2005, 20:58
Since the aggressor initially complied with my demand to drop the weapon, there's no reason for him not to comply with a follow up demand to hit the ground prone with the hands visible.

If he didn't comply, there's no way I'd allow the situation to escalate into a gun retention struggle. It is still a deadly force situation in my book and it would be dealt with a lethal response; with his and my weapon still within reasonable reach.

Allegra
09-01-2005, 21:37
Guys/Gals

Thanks!

No offense meant
Pero if you dont know the answer to that , you shouldnt have put yourself in that position in the first place. Dapat wag na maki alam

To answer the question , the perp doesnt think you have the guts to pull the trigger kaya siya lumalapit
Your demeanor , body language, and even your voice indicates that your just as scared of the situation.

Dapat gamitan mo ng shock and awe w/out firing a shot
In tagalog , unahan lang ng sindak yan
Watch a swat team take down a room
Mapapa-ihi sa takot yung mga nasa loob ng kwarto hindi pa naman nagpapaputok

bokbok_05
09-01-2005, 22:06
Dapat gamitan mo ng shock and awe w/out firing a shot
+1

swat teams or elite forces uses a flash bang grenade para magulat ang target/s tsaka sila agad papasok to neutralize the situation.

the effective way of immobilize the "threat" without the intention of killing is to shoot at the pelvic area. once tinamaan ang pelvic bone, bagsak agad and for sure di na makakatayo.

Allegra
09-01-2005, 22:20
Originally posted by bokbok_05
+1

swat teams or elite forces uses a flash bang grenade para magulat ang target/s tsaka sila agad papasok to neutralize the situation.

the effective way of immobilize the "threat" without the intention of killing is to shoot at the pelvic area. once tinamaan ang pelvic bone, bagsak agad and for sure di na makakatayo.

hehe ah hindi naman flashbang
I meant , your overall attitude should be used to intimidate
Pag hindi naintimidate, ayun nga ang problema , hence the original question
Anyway, my point is yuo shoudnt even have to fire at all if you do things right
I'm not sure a pelvic shot wont kill
I've seen a guy ( preso )shot in the butt with a 38 and he died enroute to the hosp

bokbok_05
09-01-2005, 22:34
I'm not sure a pelvic shot wont kill I've seen a guy ( preso )shot in the butt with a 38 and he died enroute to the hosp
baka talaga pinatay na yung preso sa ambulance pa lang hehehe ;f peace. i have read and i have also watched sa discovery channel about lapd swat teams. one of their training, in order to immobilize the threat, doctors (consulted by the police) recommended to shoot at the pelvic area/bone. pelvic bone daw kasi ang nagbibigay ng support sa upper body natin kaya pag nagkaroon ka ng injury around sa pelvic area di ka kaagad makakatayo.

jasonub
09-02-2005, 02:13
what if its a zombie!;f

maybe piniga ang pwet ng preso para mag bleed to death. at 8 hours bago makadating sa hospital;f ;f ;f

jundeleon
09-02-2005, 03:05
If aggressor is male, takbo na lang.

If aggressor is female and presumably looks like kristine hermosa, i will lie down on the pavement and let her harass me no end. Hope she brought along a whip and handcuffs whipped cream and a digi cam.

Kung di kamuka ni kristine, barilin na lang agad.

PMMA97
09-02-2005, 03:28
Originally posted by jasonub
what if its a zombie!;f

;f Tawagin na kaagad si Jill. http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/thedailyvivec/img/phylum/jill_valentine.jpg

PMMA97
09-02-2005, 03:30
Originally posted by jundeleon

;z Ang sama!

doctabako
09-02-2005, 04:06
Originally posted by jundeleon

If aggressor is female and presumably looks like kristine hermosa, i will lie down on the pavement and let her harass me no end. Hope she brought along a whip and handcuffs whipped cream and a digi cam.

`l tama! baka magkaanak pa, dumami pang pangit sa mundo ;f

To the original question, dropping his/her weapon then proceeding to attack you seems like very strange behaviour. In any case I would shoot until he/she drops, sufficient warning has been given IMO. In addition, if there are no adverse witnesses, I would pick up his/her weapon without leaving any prints and place it in his/her cold dead hands to strengthen my case, but that's just me. :)

cebuboy
09-02-2005, 04:13
for an unarmed aggressive attacker, a can of bronco tear gas will come in handy:) guaranteed to make an aggressive grown man cry;f shoot only as a last resort. shoot at the a zone. and remember that when we shoot, we shoot to stop.

vega
09-02-2005, 08:03
Originally posted by Allegra
No offense meant
Pero if you dont know the answer to that , you shouldnt have put yourself in that position in the first place. Dapat wag na maki alam
+1
and "No offense" meant too.

I've seen a guy ( preso )shot in the butt with a 38 and he died enroute to the hosp
Probably pump to death?

vega

MELBU
09-02-2005, 08:06
Once you draw your gun...shoot!!!

Disable or kill.

Im sure the victim who just experienced that traumatic event will
be on your side in case of a court investigation. Besides, you just
save his or her life.

Basta may weapon kesyo hawak o nahulog nasa magandang position ka na nun.

Wag ka papayag na malamangan ka, maiigi na yung ikaw ang lamang.

atmarcella
09-02-2005, 08:19
shoot!!!

mahirap na maagaw nya pa baril mo:)

9MX
09-02-2005, 10:04
Guys/Gals

Thanks!

Unarmed? Then I can't shoot since it doesn't satisfy the 3 cardinal rules for self defense (do a search in this forum about this;) ). So either:

1. I hold my ground for hand to hand combat
2. Or just back off (awkward but better than jail)

Honestly, kakamayan ko na lang paglapit niya sa akin,
;f

jasonub
09-02-2005, 18:00
holster your weapon,

bing out the benchmade knife on your left hand and the lightweight asp retractable baton on your left and act like a madman.;Q

when the perp is lying bloody and cut up. wait till you hear "bro nasa WOW MALI kaa....."

then run since you just committed murder in tv and acted like a madman;f

ReccaH
09-02-2005, 18:31
I think if I sense the aggressor is capable of bringing me down I would go also for shock and awe effect. Maybe fire a warning shot with matching sound effects(if time permits) to awaken his senses. If he still advance then I will shoot to disable.

I have no idea if the aggressor has martial arts training or has the speed and stamina of a marathoner so I think I have no choice but to engage.

Now its different if the aggressor is a lady like kristine with a body like diana zubiri then I will be a willing aggressee.

The only time i would run for my life is when the aggressor is a gay.;g

Allegra
09-02-2005, 20:29
No offense meant again, pero have any of you guys shot anyone lately? :) How easy was it?
Did you actually aim for a non-vital part of the body? Did you shoot to disable?
Did you have time to decide to shoot or not, then have more time to actually aim for a non-vital shot?
Kamusta na yung kaso mo? How much pa-areglo?

If you ask me , hindi ako makiki-alam and just call the cops
Why make another guys problem my own???
for all I know it maybe an under cover cop making an arrest ( you know how they arrest people here )

Pero kung holdaper , I'd shoot , then head stomp him on the ground
Galit ako sa magnanakaw eh hehe

horge
09-02-2005, 22:09
No offense meant again, pero have any of you guys shot anyone lately? How easy was it?
Did you actually aim for a non-vital part of the body? Did you shoot to disable?
Did you have time to decide to shoot or not, then have more time to actually aim for a non-vital shot?
Kamusta na yung kaso mo? How much pa-areglo?

If you ask me , hindi ako makiki-alam and just call the cops
Why make another guys problem my own???

Si Kuya naman, o...
The thread's premise was that we'd already involved ourselves, e.
;f

I did try to shoot someone once. Legitimately.
I froze up, or time slowed down, or something like that.
They got away, and we were unhurt.

mikol
09-02-2005, 23:17
Originally posted by ReccaH
Maybe fire a warning shot with matching sound effects(if time permits)
yup me also, but 3 warning shots is what i'll be firing.
1st in the A-Zone area, 2nd in the head area and 3rd in the air.;e ;) ;) in that way i am sure warning shots really works. ;e ;e ;g

toxic
09-02-2005, 23:36
take warning shots, wait for the bystanders to beat the hell out of the perp ,pick up my shells then leave the scene ..eh kung matandaan ako nun.;f

mikol
09-02-2005, 23:47
No offense meant again, pero have any of you guys shot anyone lately?
yup i did shoot somebody once but it was many years ago. what i feel after i shoot the guy? galit na galit ako sa sarili ko dahil di ko tinamaan ;g
he is just a regular drug addict bully in our place before, na palaging nang ti trip ng kung sino sino pag na high na sa droga.
i shoot him with my late fathers 38 snob nose revolver. nobody complain since they know us specially my late father and what kind of work he is doing.
Lahat ng matitinong tao doon sa lugar namin dati, me respeto sa pamilya namin lalong-lalo na sa tatay ko. nag-kataon lang na yung kapatid kung babae ang pinag-tripan ng walang hiyang yun.
But honestly few days after that incedent,napag-isip isip ko rin na paano kung natamaan ko nga yung pu****inang yun.
BTW, my father never laid a hand on me knowing that i used his reolver. pero katakot-takot na sermon na may halong paliwanag ang ginawa sakin at sa mga kapatid ko.

GLOCKSTER2000
09-03-2005, 06:27
I will first inform the aggressor that I have a gun, taking cover as much as possible because he/she might have another gun concealed in his person. If he/she continues to advance,maybe a warning shot to the ground might suffice for him/her to back off. But if he/she continues to come to me, I may have to shoot him/her to stop him/her. I will not run, because doing so will just leave the intended victim to be attacked again by the perp. Malay mo, isa sa FBI 10 most wanted pala yun at may reward na pera ;f

nrmcolt
09-03-2005, 08:20
Well, thank you guys so far for all of the mix reply, nag post din ako ng parehong tanong sa ibang gun forums if you care to read their replies, the reason I ask this is because sa panahon natin ngayon (econonmic sit.)maraming masasamang loob na gumagala dyan couple with the drug menace,parang di malayo maaring mangyari sa 'tin lahat ang ganito(real world scenario).To those who answered na wag na maki alam, no offense taken,but you have got to ask yourself, what if the victim/s is one of your friend/s(friend na naman ;f ),fellow BOGS, your relatives or God forbid one of your love ones, can you live with your conscience knowing fully well that you "could have" save/help them in time of trouble but you choose not to?

Again, many thanks and I hope to read more replies.

Regards;c

Allegra
09-03-2005, 09:07
Well, thank you guys so far for all of the mix reply, nag post din ako ng parehong tanong sa ibang gun forums if you care to read their replies, the reason I ask this is because sa panahon natin ngayon (econonmic sit.)maraming masasamang loob na gumagala dyan couple with the drug menace,parang di malayo maaring mangyari sa 'tin lahat ang ganito(real world scenario).To those who answered na wag na maki alam, no offense taken,but you have got to ask yourself, what if the victim/s is one of your friend/s(friend na naman ;f ),fellow BOGS, your relatives or God forbid one of your love ones, can you live with your conscience knowing fully well that you "could have" save/help them in time of trouble but you choose not to?

Again, many thanks and I hope to read more replies.

Regards;c

Obviously, if it's an acquaintance or especially a family member, then you'd be a coward not to
That changes the scenario completely
I assumed by your original post that hindi kakilala yung victim

mikol
09-03-2005, 09:37
Obviously, if it's an acquaintance or especially a family member, then you'd be a coward not to
That changes the scenario completely
I assumed by your original post that hindi kakilala yung victim
and that's what my wife called me "a coward" after not doing anything when we were rob a couple of years back. it took me 3 days just trying to explain her why i didn't do anything.
I did not resist because a gun was poke in my face and a balisong also to my wife side. Maybe if it was just me, i could had done something. but i was thinking of my wife safety so i did not do anything.
But after that incedent, i promise to myself it won't happen again to us. If i had to pay 15k just to have a PTC i will, just to make sure that it won't happen again. Pero kapag na ulit uli yung pangyayaring yun and i have my gun with me, i will not hesitate to shoot and shoot to kill.
If you'll experience the same thing that happened to us you'll understand why i had said this things. Peace to all.

batangueno
09-03-2005, 09:58
No warning shots, please. Not in the air or on the ground. You would not know where the bullet will be going. The last thing you need is for that stray bullet to hit an innocent bystander.

And that saying, kapag binunot mo iputok mo. No offense meant but i hate that. So many things can still happen once you drew your gun. Merely drawing the gun could even de-escalate the whole matter and nobody needs to be shot.

Ingat lang mga kapatid. :)

ReccaH
09-03-2005, 18:03
nrmcolt - nice scenario.

I believe one of the reason the aggressor will attack is if he sense that I am not capable of shooting anybody(esp unarmed) and my indecisiveness will make me freeze and by the time I decide he is already holding my gun.

Forgive me but I still believe in the preservation of human life (as much as possible). I hope too that I can remember that at the "heat of the moment". hehe.

Difficult scenario. But we must be decisive whatever our coarse of action.

Once more with feelings:
The only thing for the bad guy to triumph is when the good guy do nothing. (or something to the effect). :)

Alexii
09-03-2005, 19:58
Originally posted by batangueno
No warning shots, please. Not in the air or on the ground. You would not know where the bullet will be going. The last thing you need is for that stray bullet to hit an innocent bystander.

And that saying, kapag binunot mo iputok mo. No offense meant but i hate that. So many things can still happen once you drew your gun. Merely drawing the gun could even de-escalate the whole matter and nobody needs to be shot.

+1. Two warning shots should be placed on the upper chest area of the person(s) who forced you to draw your gun in the first place. If they're still not impressed, then plant one in the cranio-ocular cavity. Tatlong "warning" shots na yon.;f

darwin25
09-03-2005, 20:09

Remember what goes up must come down. Whatever you shoot, its either you just became the new proud owner of..or you have to pay for it. You hit a car, you have to pay for that car, you hit a greasy little streetkid, well you have to replace that one to. You have to make love to her mom.;f ;f ;f ;f Joke joke joke

cebuboy
09-03-2005, 20:15
remember guys, when we shoot, we do not shoot to kill or shoot to disable:) we shoot to stop. we shot to stop the bad guy from whatever it is he is going to do. this is very useful for your defense in court.

mikol
09-04-2005, 00:30
Originally posted by cebuboy
remember guys, when we shoot, we do not shoot to kill or shoot to disable:) we shoot to stop. we shot to stop the bad guy from whatever it is he is going to do. this is very useful for your defense in court.
i stand corrected bai. so it won't be shoot to kill but shoot to stop. :)

GLOCKSTER2000
09-04-2005, 01:06

Ingat lang mga kapatid. :)

Tama ka sir. Hindi na kailangan ang warning shot. Based on a book I read about self defense with a handgun, it is not wise to make warning shots. When you fire your weapon, you do it to stop the attacker. Two succesive rounds to the chest of the perp, without hesitation in between. Even in US, cops are taught not to make warning shots.

And if you have a gun for self defense, you must not hesitate to use it to protect your self and your love ones.

batangueno
09-04-2005, 05:46
The most difficult part is how to assess the situation quickly and correctly. If you took too much time it might be too late, shoot quickly then it might be a mistake. Ang hirap ng may baril, maibenta ng nga lahat. ;f

doctabako
09-04-2005, 06:29

Ang hirap ng may baril, maibenta ng nga lahat. ;f

Very true, when I was young, before I started carrying, I was a hothead and won't let anything pass. I was quick to get into arguments and would easily get into a fight with anyone.

Ever since I've been carrying I've mellowed down a lot(could also be because I've aged and have a family of my own :)) and would only get into arguments or altercations if I'm really sufficiently provoked. My old me would probably look at the new me as somewhat of a coward but to hell with that, If I was the old me carrying I would probably have a body count so high or I would be dead by now.
That said if my life or the life of my family or close friends are brought into a situation grave enough to cause me to draw my gun I would certainly have no hesitation to use it. I'll worry about the legal consequences later. Sayang lang ang practice at bala na inuubos ko kung hindi :)

nrmcolt
09-04-2005, 06:37
The most difficult part is how to assess the situation quickly and correctly. If you took too much time it might be too late, shoot quickly then it might be a mistake. Ang hirap ng may baril, maibenta ng nga lahat. ;f
;z

GLOCKSTER2000
09-04-2005, 07:41

If you are not sure, it is better to just call the police.

vega
09-04-2005, 07:47
To those who answered na wag na maki alam, no offense taken,but you have got to ask yourself, what if the victim/s is one of your friend/s(friend na naman ;f ),fellow BOGS, your relatives or God forbid one of your love ones, can you live with your conscience knowing fully well that you "could have" save/help them in time of trouble but you choose not to?
This is a different scenario form what you first posted, well not different but with a little twist. Just draw and shoot if the BG is coming armed towards your love ones. That's just me, don't follow my advice. ;)

vega

mikol
09-04-2005, 07:49
Originally posted by doctabako
Very true, when I was young, before I started carrying, I was a hothead and won't let anything pass. I was quick to get into arguments and would easily get into a fight with anyone.

Ever since I've been carrying I've mellowed down a lot(could also be because I've aged and have a family of my own :)) and would only get into arguments or altercations if I'm really sufficiently provoked. My old me would probably look at the new me as somewhat of a coward but to hell with that, If I was the old me carrying I would probably have a body count so high or I would be dead by now.
That said if my life or the life of my family or close friends are brought into a situation grave enough to cause me to draw my gun I would certainly have no hesitation to use it. I'll worry about the legal consequences later. Sayang lang ang practice at bala na inuubos ko kung hindi :)

very-very true DocT! i had the same thing happened to me when i got married and started to have childrens.
Dati rati wala ako panapalagpas na away(specially when it involves any family member). I even wak a guys head with a billard cue when he started hitting my brother when he got angry for losing a bet in that billard game.
But it's very different now, my wife is tougher than me and i am the "coward one" so to speak. But don't they dare doing anything bad to my wife and children 'coz they don't know me when i get angry, i turn green and my shirt and pants starts to shrink ;g ;e. ;)
ay mali di pala yun, nasigaw pala ako ng captain barbel!

nyordak17
09-04-2005, 08:20
Originally posted by mikol
But don't they dare doing anything bad to my wife and children 'coz they don't know me when i get angry, i turn green and my shirt and pants starts to shrink ;g ;e. ;)
ay mali di pala yun, nasigaw pala ako ng captain barbel!

;z ;z ;z

doctabako
09-04-2005, 08:23
;f ;f Knowing that you can hit a round plate(which approximates the human head)with regularity out to 25 meters is a humbling experience. The knowledge that you can take out anyone if you are so inclined makes one more careful of your dealings with others. :)

st. matthew
09-04-2005, 08:39
guys,you might want to use this products instead of your guns ;f ;f :cool: :cool:
http://www.actionstunguns.com/ (http://)

mikol
09-04-2005, 09:04
;f ;f Knowing that you can hit a round plate(which approximates the human head)with regularity out to 25 meters is a humbling experience. The knowledge that you can take out anyone if you are so inclined makes one more careful of your dealings with others. :)
i am not a good marksman as you are DocT.;f
but when it comes to my family, i can be a sharpshooter in an instant. and that's what i can promise to those perps who scaled already twice our peremeter fence.
subukan lang nilang gawin ulit yun na nasa bakasyon ako at magkakaroon ng instant COF sa bakuran namin.;g ;Q

doctabako
09-04-2005, 09:28

subukan lang nilang gawin ulit yun na nasa bakasyon ako at magkakaroon ng instant COF sa bakuran namin.;g ;Q

A large dog will also help you, this is Hitler, my GSD who I let loose at night and he's the best burglar alarm and neutralizer in my arsenal :). Medyo may konting galis nga lang ngayon kaya hindi na siya ganyan kagwapo ;f the better to scare them away. ;f

http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/500/medium/MG_1549.jpg

mikol
09-04-2005, 10:17
got one before DocT, a cross breed of a rottweiler/askal(maybe?). it looks like those dogs pulling those eskimo's sled in the snow. it was given to us by a veterinarian friend.
namatay din dahil sa galis, or maybe had eatin something na naging dahilan ng kanyang sakit kaya ayun tigok. i considered having one again kaso sa likot ng mga bata, baka makagat lang.
I tried putting a live wire in the fence that is connected to a buzzer during nite time, kaso pag-nasagi ng pusa ayon sira ang tulog mo. ;g

doctabako
09-04-2005, 10:29

namatay din dahil sa galis, or maybe had eatin something na naging dahilan ng kanyang sakit kaya ayun tigok. i considered having one again kaso sa likot ng mga bata, baka makagat lang.

Medyo mahirap nga pag may maliit na bata, dapat nakatali yung aso.
Scabies can only kill the dog when the disease is so far advanced that it leads to renal shutdown and multiple organ failure. My guess is your dog was probably thrown something from outside that poisoned him. Its a common tactic of robbers here to neutralize the "alarm". Good thing my dog doesn't accept food from strangers but that's always a risk.

mikol
09-04-2005, 10:45
Medyo mahirap nga pag may maliit na bata, dapat nakatali yung aso.
Scabies can only kill the dog when the disease is so far advanced that it leads to renal shutdown and multiple organ failure. My guess is your dog was probably thrown something from outside that poisoned him. Its a common tactic of robbers here to neutralize the "alarm". Good thing my dog doesn't accept food from strangers but that's always a risk.
yun kasi mahirap sa aso DocT, kailangan ng tyaga and time to train para di basta-basta nakain ng kung ano-ano at kung kani-kanino galing.
Di bali DocT, i'll just have to spend more bullets to train my wife to shoot efficiently just in case the need arises.(wag lang sakin i putok yung baril pag-nagdududa. ;g )

doctabako
09-04-2005, 10:52
yun kasi mahirap sa aso DocT, kailangan ng tyaga and time to train para di basta-basta nakain ng kung ano-ano at kung kani-kanino galing.
Di bali DocT, i'll just have to spend more bullets to train my wife to shoot efficiently just in case the need arises.(wag lang sakin i putok yung baril pag-nagdududa. ;g )

Good boy ka naman di ba :). What she doesn't know won't hurt her.....or you, pag nagkataon, running man ka ;f peace:ladiesmn:

JuDGe
09-04-2005, 17:59
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/getshotgun400.jpg

but a ruger vaquero .44magnum will do jut fine... ;f ;f ;f

Allegra
09-04-2005, 21:05

FYI, it's pretty easy to train a dog not to accept food from strangers
Havew a stranger feed him food na may sili
Then let a family member give him food at the usual eating schedule
Madali matutuo yun
I used to breed GS and Dobies

darwin25
09-04-2005, 22:31
Originally posted by JuDGe

;z ;z ;z

Di bali DocT, i'll just have to spend more bullets to train my wife to shoot efficiently just in case the need arises.(wag lang sakin i putok yung baril pag-nagdududa. )

And in many cases, its easier to train a dog than to teach your wife to shoot.;f ;f . Kainis. GF hanggang ngayon pinapadispatsa sa kin mga baril ko. Yeah right:(

mikol
09-04-2005, 22:39
Good boy ka naman di ba :). What she doesn't know won't hurt her.....or you, pag nagkataon, running man ka ;f peace:ladiesmn:
good boy na ako ngayon DocT. ;f tinigil ko na yung mga "monkey business" ko ng akoy makapag-asawa. maliban nalang sa yosi pa minsan-minsan tsaka a few drinks kung mi okasyon yun lang.;)

BULIK
09-04-2005, 22:44
If you decided to carry a gun,then you must be ready to use it
in the name of self defense,kung papunta na yung perp sayo with agression then he/she lives you no choice but to stop him/her,
also the crime that may happen to the victim,mas maganda masaktan ang mga kriminal na yan kaysa tayo mga poging shooter,este good citizen.

di bale sila mawala,wla naman pakinabang gobyerno sa kanila!
sila ang mga salot sa lipunan!

But remember,shoot to stop,not shoot to kill.

mikol
09-04-2005, 22:53
Havew a stranger feed him food na may sili
Then let a family member give him food at the usual eating schedule
Madali matutuo yun
I used to breed GS and Dobies
well....i might re-evaluate my consideration of getting another dog. ;f
Or maybe i'll just buy my wife a very nice megaphone and just tell her to shoot "me magnanakaw!!!" on it, if she notice somebody inside our peremeter.;e

mikol
09-04-2005, 23:12
Originally posted by JuDGe

or a mossberg "bull pup" 12ga nalang siguro if i can't find a "bull pet" dog. ;e ;) ;)

toxic
09-04-2005, 23:21
i am not a good marksman as you are DocT.;f
but when it comes to my family, i can be a sharpshooter in an instant. and that's what i can promise to those perps who scaled already twice our peremeter fence.

Sadik kainit naman ng ulo..;f malapit ka ng magbakasyon..mamick up ka na lang ng addict saka mo pagpraktisan..;f ;f

mikol
09-04-2005, 23:32
Originally posted by toxic
Sadik kainit naman ng ulo..;f malapit ka ng magbakasyon..mamick up ka na lang ng addict saka mo pagpraktisan..;f ;f
sadik, mahirap ng po mick-up ng addict ngayon sa cebu dahil nag-sipagtago na sila. halos 90 na kasi sa mga pasaway na yan ang nailigpit ng "vigilante group" doon samin.:cool: (peace pro-life/human right brothers & sisters)

toxic
09-05-2005, 02:19
sadik, mahirap ng po mick-up ng addict ngayon sa cebu dahil nag-sipagtago na sila. halos 90 na kasi sa mga pasaway na yan ang nailigpit ng "vigilante group" doon samin.:cool: (peace pro-life/human right brothers & sisters)

maganda yan..parang sa Davao..Mauso ule sana sa Bulacan at ng matahimik naman don.

mikol
09-05-2005, 02:41
Originally posted by toxic
maganda yan..parang sa Davao..Mauso ule sana sa Bulacan at ng matahimik naman don.
Davao and Cebu mayors are cousins(don't know which side). speculations say's that, hitman's now working in Cebu "might be imports" from Davao and/or vice-versa.
Although this are just speculations, other people/groups believes that mayors of both cities are involve.
But this is what i can only say about it, no witness no case!;f

atmarcella
09-06-2005, 05:53
guys,
i think its a good idea kung ang aso nasa loob ng kulungan pag gabi na, that way yung poisoned food na tatapon sa kanila di nila makain, tatahol lang sila non-stop kung me nag over the bakod, yan na ang signal mo to "lock and load" :)

BULIK
09-06-2005, 06:05
Originally posted by atmarcella
guys,
i think its a good idea kung ang aso nasa loob ng kulungan pag gabi na, that way yung poisoned food na tatapon sa kanila di nila makain, tatahol lang sila non-stop kung me nag over the bakod, yan na ang signal mo to "lock and load" :)

+1

sir atmarcella tnx nga pala sa info!^c

atmarcella
09-06-2005, 06:08
no problemo;f

batangueno
09-06-2005, 07:36
You can teach your dog not to eat anything that came from strangers. They will only eat if the food came from you or someone they already know.

mikol
09-06-2005, 07:42
You can teach your dog not to eat anything that came from strangers. They will only eat if the food came from you or someone they already know.
if we'll consider getting again a dog, my wife should be the one doing this things.
kasi kung ako, patay si doggie pag-balik ko sa saudi, kasi di na kakain uli pag-nakataon. ;g ;Q

agentrod
09-06-2005, 20:14
On shooting the BG indoors, how would you guys deal with overpenetration? Lalo na sa houses ngayon na wood lang ang room inner walls. I've read through the "box-o-truth" website and am amazed on how much penetration an FMJ can make. Was wondering how would lead bullets fare on this test, enough na siguro yun to stop a BG especially if there is nothing between you and him.

kerwin
09-06-2005, 21:48
i stand corrected bai. so it won't be shoot to kill but shoot to stop. :)

mag sutukil nalang ta sa mactan bai.

mikol
09-06-2005, 22:32
Originally posted by kerwin
mag sutukil nalang ta sa mactan bai.
;f ad2 nalang sa boracay bai ki samtang mag-sutukil pasiplat-siplat sad sa mga artista nga naka bikini.^7 ^5

9MX
09-07-2005, 00:47
Originally posted by agentrod
On shooting the BG indoors, how would you guys deal with overpenetration? Lalo na sa houses ngayon na wood lang ang room inner walls. I've read through the "box-o-truth" website and am amazed on how much penetration an FMJ can make. Was wondering how would lead bullets fare on this test, enough na siguro yun to stop a BG especially if there is nothing between you and him.

rod,

i think there is a specific defense designed not to overpenetrate. gundog uses this, i just can't remember the brand

BULIK
09-07-2005, 01:11
Originally posted by 9MX
rod,

i think there is a specific defense designed not to overpenetrate. gundog uses this, i just can't remember the brand

mga bosing baka Federal Personal Defense ammo, JHP na dinesign para d
masyado mag penetrate.

atmarcella
09-07-2005, 02:56
magsafe or glaser safety slug:)

Kiddo
09-07-2005, 02:59
JHP or probably other types of frangible ammo like Glasers would be better indoors than FMJ. Be sure to test these rounds on your firearm before you actually use it as your loadout since some of these ammo dont feed well on other firearms.

atmarcella
09-07-2005, 03:03
or another option is to go light and fast, like 135 grain corbon in .40 cal., penetration is not so much, but they expand to like .70+ cal. hehehehe, or 115 grain +p+ in 9mm:)

attyjpl
09-11-2005, 05:45
shoot the BG in the leg or in other non-vital parts of the body to subdue him. remember, one of the elements of self-defense is "reasonable means employed to repel the aggression"

Nano Cacho III
09-11-2005, 07:45
Guys/Gals

Thanks!

Hi Guys!

This is my first post here! Nice to be here very interesting. To answer the question I do believe (I could be wrong) but our Penal Code has "Defense of Stranger" as a mitigating circumstance. Anyway usually a verbal warning is enough to de escalate the situation more so if the BG can see your weapon. But if the BG is advancing on you and can see your weapon you can bet that he isn't there to shake your hand. I would have to shoot. Hand to hand combat is iffy and can result in his getting your gun and shooting the both of you with it! DO NOT ALLOW BG TO GET WITHIN GRABBING DISTANCE.

By the way shooting the "leg, non vital organ etc" is NOT a viable option. Competition shooters are well aware of this. Just this week I was watching guys engaging targets at 5-10 meters and missing! Even when your well trained and practiced and have a cool hand/head you will suffer from stress. Forget head shots! Aim squarely in the center of the torso/chest and blast away. You'll be surprised how many BG's shot multiple times have enough left to kill you.

Tough call if BG is female. They are just as deadly. But if unarmed and your bigger and heavier a right hook should do the trick.

By the Way Thanks Alexii for the Post.

Cheers!

Nano

Mang Danny
09-11-2005, 08:06
Welcome to Bogs. I see that you're also a regular at 1911forum. Lots of good guys here.;c

nrmcolt
09-11-2005, 08:27
Nano! I knew you would find your way here, stick around, marami tayo dito mga kasama with the same interest.
;F
Regards;c

Nano Cacho III
09-11-2005, 08:30
Originally posted by Mang Danny
Welcome to Bogs. I see that you're also a regular at 1911forum. Lots of good guys here.;c

Thank you Sir!

I'm always going around trying to learn more from people who are much more learned than I am. I like you avatar I'm a big fan of Shintaro and Tombe "The Mist"

God Bless!

Nano

Nano Cacho III
09-11-2005, 08:32
Nano! I knew you would find your way here, stick around, marami tayo dito mga kasama with the same interest.
;F
Regards;c

Hi NRMColt!

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here! This is a warm and very interesting place!

Cheers!

Nano

Mang Danny
09-11-2005, 08:40
Originally posted by Nano Cacho III
Thank you Sir!

I'm always going around trying to learn more from people who are much more learned than I am. I like you avatar I'm a big fan of Shintaro and Tombe "The Mist"

God Bless!

Nano
Off topic: if Shintaro is among us today, would he carry a Glock, 1911 or a race gun?;)

Nano Cacho III
09-11-2005, 09:10
Off topic: if Shintaro is among us today, would he carry a Glock, 1911 or a race gun?;)

Ha Ha Ha Very good Question! You got me! My answer:

.45 ACP, 230gr Match Ball, Colt Mk IV/Series 70 Re-Issue/Colt M1991A1 NRM Series 80 - Government Model, Carbon Steel, Blue. The Man is the Quintessencial Samuri. He would want the Classic Warriors Weapon. No Fancy Race Guns, No Hi Caps, One Shot One Kill. No Fuss. Heafty, Accurate, Fast and Reliable as Sin!

I'm too much of the "Old School". I like Simplicity, Elegance, Beauty and Reliability. I suppose that Glocks are most of the above but they simply lack the aesthetics. And for some reason just don't quite feel right in my hand. Plus I love the fact that with only a few differences my Colt M1911A1 is the same gun that went ashore in Iwo Jima, hit the beaches in Normandy, fought in the bitter cold in Korea, the damp jungles of Vietnam, and is back with the US Marines in Iraq. It was carried by Bonnie & Clyde, John Dilinger, Sheriff Bill Decker and the Texas Rangers.

I have a Personal Rule of Thumb. If your firing a .45ACP get a M1911A1 (They were Built and Meant for each other) and nothing shorter than a Commander. If you want a shorter gun get a .40 S&W or 9mm.

Anyway better stop here before I rattle on.

Cheers!

Nano

Mang Danny
09-11-2005, 09:21
Its better to start a new thread about this.:)

Nano Cacho III
09-11-2005, 09:32
Its better to start a new thread about this.:)

Yes I think so! You lead Sir! I've got your Six.

agentrod
09-11-2005, 18:31
Originally posted by atmarcella
magsafe or glaser safety slug:)

might give this a try. tnx also to Bulik, 9MX, Mikol for you're advise.

atmarcella
09-12-2005, 06:17
;F Nano Cacho III

glockomolly
09-12-2005, 22:56
Originally posted by attyjpl
shoot the BG in the leg or in other non-vital parts of the body to subdue him. remember, one of the elements of self-defense is "reasonable means employed to repel the aggression"

Attorney, tanong lang po...what if nabuhay yung BG na binaril mo? Up to what extent ang pananagutan mo? Maiikumpara ba natin yan sa nasagasaan mo sa kalye habang nagmamaneho - diba may kasabihang bang mas mabuti na ang patay kaysa buhay???

Other peeps are welcome to answer the question. Thanks in advance for your anwsers & comments. :cool:

Alexii
09-12-2005, 23:16
Originally posted by Nano Cacho III
.45 ACP, 230gr Match Ball, Colt Mk IV/Series 70 Re-Issue/Colt M1991A1 NRM Series 80 - Government Model, Carbon Steel, Blue. The Man is the Quintessencial Samuri. He would want the Classic Warriors Weapon. No Fancy Race Guns, No Hi Caps, One Shot One Kill. No Fuss. Heafty, Accurate, Fast and Reliable as Sin!

You said it all right there, Nano. Welcome to the BOGs!

See? I told you it's fun here. Post often-- we need guys like you here!:)

theTactician
09-15-2005, 04:58
when the attacker, though unarmed, goes after me in that situation and i have my glock on the ready..I wouldnt pull it out and fire at him. why? coz he's unarmed and i believe i would be in the losing end on that one.

But, lets presume that he has the intent of fighting you and beat you to death..maybe he has a knife or a concealed secondary weapon for that matter and he makes an attempt on your life, then maybe thats the time you aim and fire and hope that you catch him first with your double tap than vice versa.

If its a woman...it depends..if mukhang lalaki, suntukan na lang, if maganda...sasabunutan ko ang bruha. :-) hehehehe