which mp3 player? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : which mp3 player?

Rob19
09-01-2005, 18:09
howdy: I was thinking of getting an Ipod or something. I had even considered the Dell Pocket DJ. I will not need more than a couple of thousand songs. Any suggestions on brands, models, and where to shop & where to get the music ( I have a few hundred CDs ) would be greatly appreciated. Take care, rob

I just wanted something I could stick in my shirt pocket while sorting mail inside the office. Thanks and God Bless all who have seen high water and high gas prices.

PeterJasonMN
09-09-2005, 00:24
I got an Ilo for my first one. 1G for $113 at Wal-Mart. Pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Only problem is my Windows Media Player is a pain when it comes to ripping songs. It'll never give the song/artist name, so I can't sort my Ilo by artist.

84S
09-09-2005, 06:56
iPOD is the way to go. I got a 20G model recently, and my mulitple case of cd's are starting to be put away because I can store all that music on the computer and on my iPOD. It is good for the car and down time at work. Plus, it is really easy to use. If you do plan to rip a bunch of cd to a iPOD be prepared to put some time into it, but of course you don't have to do it all at one time like I tried. I ran out of beer and I quit soon after that. I get back to it this weekend.

Rob19
09-09-2005, 09:40
thanks for the replies. I think I will start saving the extra cash for the ipod. Does it work well with Windows Media Player? Thanks again, Rob

Goldendog Redux
09-09-2005, 15:31
You will forget about Windows Media Player for music once you start using iTunes. I am sure that some of the other high capacity music players are good. The beauty is in the program (iTunes)IMHO.

I have a 20 gig iPod and an iPod Shuffle. For me, one nice by-product of going iPod was that I have my entire CD collection backed up in a couple places. It took me a long time to rip all of the CDs but it is worth it now.

MF

quinnt
09-10-2005, 16:53
can you put mp3 files on an ipod,i heard you cant

thanx

Spyder Teeth
09-12-2005, 18:37
You can store (and play) mp3 files on an Ipod, no problem. However you must use iTunes to transfer them. You can convert your mp3 files to AAC (apple's format) but it is not a requirement. Also, I think mp3 files are slightly smaller.

Rob19
09-12-2005, 19:31
Wow, so I can't just transfer them from media player? Why do things have to be so complicated....

quinnt
09-13-2005, 19:28
probally because of piracy:(

afextz
09-23-2005, 13:12
Rob i think you should get the mobiBLU 1 GB Cube Digital Audio Player

Its the worlds smallest mp3 player, half the size of a AAA battery.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3756866

Comes in 2 sizes, 512 or 1gig. If you ask me, i look at physical size and capacity along with features.

Compare the mobiblue to the ipod you will have a winner.

Mobiblue = worlds smallest, voice recorder, FM radio, charges via usb (the headphones also acts as a usb wire) on any pc.
Nice bright BLUE LED lights.

ONLY $129 for the 1GB version.

heres a review link with video
http://reviews.cnet.com/MobiBlu_dah1500i/4660-6490_7-6290340.html

good luck

Rob19
09-25-2005, 11:54
afextz: that little cube looks interesting. I am such a newbie at mp3. Can Media player 10 transfer tunes that I stored from musical cd directly to the device? Is that what the usb cable does? Thanks again and take care, rob
p.s. I am also considering between the smallest Zen, the Dell DJ, and the Ipod nano.

afextz
09-25-2005, 11:58
yea it should work fine, if not you can always rip the cd into mp3 format. i havent heard much about the zen, but if you want to something new and unique, go for the cube.

bikethief
10-19-2005, 19:52
go check out the apple website. take a serious look at the ipod shuffle and ipod nano. both are the size of cigarette lighter and have decent capacity. sound quality and user friendliness are above average.

Hobear
10-20-2005, 07:07
ipod's are great little units, but I don't like the idea of having to use a proprietary battery for power. There are many mp3 players out there that use AA and AAA batteries that work just fine. Shop around, look for features, data space, ease of transeferring files (songs).

nickg
10-20-2005, 09:55
the only thing that keeps me from buying one of these types of players is the fact of like i have nothing better to do but sit for days and rip tunes from my CDs and transfer to an iPOD.

i think i'd rather be inconvenienced and carry a CD player and some discs with me.