FF/EMS Hurricare Relief? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FF/EMS Hurricare Relief?

aspartz
09-01-2005, 21:36
Has there been an official call for volunteers form the FF/EMS ranks? I cannot help but think that there are a few of us from the boonies who would volunteer to spend a few weeks helping our brothers/sisters in the disaster area.

ARS

nam02G
09-02-2005, 10:21
I heard on the radio yesterday that FEMA was asking for firefighters. So far I've been unable to find any information other than that. I'll go if they want me.

oldstyle
09-02-2005, 11:35
Our dept sent about 100 trained in Search/Rescue Monday. A second group is being formed. Word from the 1st group was bad. They gave away their food and supplies and were calling for help. Lack of fuel has stalled supplies somewhere between here and there...

AggiePhil
09-02-2005, 23:14
I wish I could go in to offer help, armed to the teeth. I'm an EMT and am currently in training to be a psychologist. Surely that's needed there. Just don't know who to talk to.

obxprnstar
09-03-2005, 10:46
NC is activation our SMAT teams and sending them down there.

Dear Healthcare Professional,

Hurricane Katrina has devastated a large portion of the southern United States with a large loss of life, displacement of families, and clean-up costs predicted to exceed 25 billion dollars. Healthcare resources in the region have been stretched to their limit and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) have both been activated. Through this system, the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS) has been contacted to provide medical resources to the effected regions through the State Medical Assistance Teams (SMAT).

obxprnstar
09-03-2005, 20:20
the NAEMT website has some VERY good info on it, and I suggest anybody and everybody to check them out at

www.naemt.org