The Toughest [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Toughest

walangkatapat
09-03-2005, 00:54
Who in your opinion is the toughest fighter you've seen in the ring? IMHO I think the toughest was Randall Tex Cobb. I still remember Cobb fighting Larry Holmes for the championship. Cobb took a serious beating for fifteen rounds and still was standing when the final bell rang. I believe Cobb also fought for the super heavy weight kickboxing title as well.

walangkatapat
09-07-2005, 21:52
I know some of you have to have some opinions on the toughest fighter.

pit7bull
09-07-2005, 23:33
Hands down: Matt Hughes.

Sanchin
09-08-2005, 02:42
Lance Armstrong

garythenuke
09-08-2005, 14:26
No Doubt:

Rocky Balboa;f

walangkatapat
09-08-2005, 21:14
Originally posted by pit7bull
Hands down: Matt Hughes.

There's one serious answer.

Torvalus
09-09-2005, 00:34
Hrm, I'm going to have to go with Fedor. His record does not lie.

Skpotamus
09-09-2005, 01:21
Toughest would have to be Ramon Dekkers, if you've ever seen any of his Thai matches, he dished out and took an amazing amount of punishment in every fight he was in.

Fedor is getting up there though, he took some major punishment from Cro cop and smiled thru it all.

el_jewapo
09-09-2005, 09:45
Fedor is the best fighter in the world, hands down. But I wouldn't say he's the toughest.

I'll have to think on this a while and get back to you on my pick for the toughest.

mhill
09-09-2005, 13:44
George Foreman. He wasn't a good boxer. But there was no man that could put him down. Eventually his opponent would get tired and good old George would take him out with one punch.

el_jewapo
09-09-2005, 20:59
Originally posted by mhill
George Foreman. He wasn't a good boxer. But there was no man that could put him down. Eventually his opponent would get tired and good old George would take him out with one punch.

Foremans fight with Ron Lyle was a knock down fest on both sides. One would get up and knock the other down. Foreman finally knocked him out in the 5th.

grenadier
09-12-2005, 10:44
David "Tank" Abbott.

While his fighting skills aren't exactly top notch, and he can be choked out, the guy can take some serious punishment.

Take a look at his fight with Dan Severn. Severn, while not exactly known for his striking skills, kept drilling Abbott while he was on the ground, and couldn't put him away. After the fight was over, and they were interviewing Abbott, he didn't sound hurt at all. If anything, he sounded the same as if someone just bought him a beer.

The only time I've ever seen a striker flat out KO Abbott was when he fought Vitor Belfort.

el_jewapo
09-12-2005, 15:33
Originally posted by grenadier

The only time I've ever seen a striker flat out KO Abbott was when he fought Vitor Belfort.

And Pedro Rizzo.

gr81disp
09-12-2005, 17:15
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira. He has been on the receiving end of some major beatings and more often than not has won. Was spiked into the ground on his head TWICE by 350lbs. Bob Sapp, had a kneebar reversed on him by Sapp coming down with his knee, was kicked in the head by Mirko "Cro-Cop" Filipovic, was just viciously BEAT ON by Fedor for three rounds TWICE and was never even fazed. He actually won the fights against Sapp and Cro-Cop by armbar.

el_jewapo
09-12-2005, 17:43
Originally posted by gr81disp
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira. He has been on the receiving end of some major beatings and more often than not has won. Was spiked into the ground on his head TWICE by 350lbs. Bob Sapp, had a kneebar reversed on him by Sapp coming down with his knee, was kicked in the head by Mirko "Cro-Cop" Filipovic, was just viciously BEAT ON by Fedor for three rounds TWICE and was never even fazed. He actually won the fights against Sapp and Cro-Cop by armbar.

I'll second that. I don't think he can be KO'd at this time.

grenadier
09-14-2005, 08:09
Ah, I almost forgot about Forrest Griffen.

This guy had his arm broken by his opponent. Instead of giving up, he simply decked the guy with his other arm, and KO'ed him.

gr81disp
09-14-2005, 18:10
Ummm...no. He had his arm broken by Jeremy Horn (the guy who just got pummeled against Liddell) when he tried to block a kick that also knocked him out.

Pac-man
09-14-2005, 18:41
Ken Shamrock doesn't seem to have the skills these modern fighters have but when it comes to toughness, he gets my vote. ;D

el_jewapo
09-14-2005, 20:35
Shamrock is a strong vote. I'd put Nogueira ahead of him.

Chuck Liddell is amazingly tough. He wins most of his fights on that alone. He's not the most skilled fighter, but he has beaten a who's who of MMA because he hits like a freight train and can take as much as he deals until he connects on you. I don't think I've seen Chuck take a beating like Nogueira take from Cro-Cop and come back to win. I think Nog is the tougher of the two.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is up there. He took the worst beating I've ever seen, Upwards of 20 knees to the face by Wanderlei Silva. He didn't go down until after the ref stopped it. He stood alot longer than I would have.

walangkatapat
09-16-2005, 20:00

It's good that some don't forget the older days.

Pac-man
09-17-2005, 02:04
Originally posted by el_jewapo

Chuck Liddell is amazingly tough. He wins most of his fights on that alone.

Chuck is incredible but when the big punch doesn't come he is a sitting duck. His submissions are nothing to brag about and his cardiovascular fails in the second half of the fight. Fortunately he is a big puncher and can take a crack too, more times than not he comes out looking very very good.

bcutrufelli
09-17-2005, 11:22
Chuck Liddell

his cardio is not weak by any means he is a great fighter. I saw him in k1 and he took kicks to the head and was dazed several times and he just kept shaking it off. These kicks would have KO'd almost anyone else.

Another really tough fighter in the UFC is Cabbage from Hawaii man that guy can really take a beating. He probably has the best chin in UFC

Pac-man
09-18-2005, 17:06
Originally posted by bcutrufelli
Chuck Liddell...his cardio is not weak by any means he is a great fighter.
I agree he's a great fighter, but he does get tired in the second half of the fight. Its no secret that the way to fight Chuck is to take him late where his cardio fails. ;5 ^8

bcutrufelli
09-19-2005, 09:58
the thing is you have to take the abuse he dishes out for the first half of the fight. Not an easy task and even when he is worn down he still has KO power. His punching power is always a danger

Pac-man
09-19-2005, 10:11
Very true. Every punch is thrown with bad intension.

bunkerbuster
09-22-2005, 21:40
Originally posted by Sanchin
Lance Armstrong

+1

California Jack
09-23-2005, 00:16
Who in your opinion is the toughest fighter you've seen in the RING?

AND.............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sanchin
Lance Armstrong
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1

???????????????????????

jeremy54b
09-23-2005, 04:44
Nobody gonna mention Randy Coutoure? This guy's 40+ years old and still taking out guys half his age and smiling about it!

Another really tough fighter in the UFC is Cabbage from Hawaii man that guy can really take a beating. He probably has the best chin in UFC

Tough chin, head full o' "Concrete and Stuff", but an idiot and lacking any semblance of honor or respect.

Animal Mother
09-23-2005, 05:10
Drederick Tatum

Zenhachirou
09-25-2005, 01:49
Vanderlei Silva, without a doubt.

Halojumper
10-04-2005, 21:35
Originally posted by el_jewapo
Shamrock is a strong vote. I'd put Nogueira ahead of him.

The guy from Panama?

bikethief
10-05-2005, 03:33
Manny Pacquiao. And Rickson Gracie.

SUPERMAN .45
10-05-2005, 09:56
Maybe they're not the best skilled fighters,but these are the fighters who can really take some seriuos punishment.
1)Ken Shamrock
2)Tank Abbott
3)Randy Couture

Rosokill
10-05-2005, 12:15
Vitor Belfort.

walangkatapat
10-09-2005, 10:58
Wildman
http://www.geocities.com/roady66892/one.jpg

gr81disp
10-09-2005, 11:34
TOP 5

1. Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Noguiera

2. Mark Hunt

3. "The Iron Head" Kazayuki Fujita

4. Wesley "Cabbage" Correira

5. Jeremy Horn (He lost by TKO but he took some HARD shots.)

agtman
10-17-2005, 17:57
WTF? Steven Seagal didn't make the Top 5 ;z

;f

Vanguard.45
10-19-2005, 07:12
Master of the "Crane Technique" and the "Drum Technique". Prized pupil of Mr. Miyagi! Undefeated in the UFC! Never been defeated in K-1! Has never lost at the Vale Tudo! Has never lost to a Brazilian Jujitsu stylist!

AND

He can put a MEAN wax job on your car!

C'mon people! Wake up! What were you thinking?

Vanguard.45;)

boomer83
11-05-2005, 13:01
+1 for Ramon Dekker
toughest fighter i've seen
watch some of his thai fights

MOHAA Player
11-06-2005, 11:23
Originally posted by walangkatapat
I know some of you have to have some opinions on the toughest fighter. Try getting in the ring with this;f

kcevans
11-06-2005, 15:20
" UNDERDOG "

Sanchin
11-06-2005, 18:01
Originally posted by MOHAA Player
Try getting in the ring with this;f

In the ring hell!! I'm having a hard time sharing a country! ;b

FATSEXY
11-18-2005, 16:55
Tank knocked Cabbage smooth out in their rematch, for those of you who didn't know.

Nog is the toughest guy out there. Dan Henderson is no slouch in the toughness department, either. He fought one fight after being in bed with an IV because of a stomach virus the night before.

Fedor is also no slouch in the toughness department. He's the only guy I can think of who got picked up, jumped in the air with, and landed on by his 200+ pound opponent (Kevin Randleman) and he not only kept his lights on, he won the fight about ten seconds later. Unbelievable.

The real contender to Nog's title of toughest guy is, in my mind, Mark Hunt. Cro Cop kicked him smack in the head, and Hunt took an 8 count and got up smiling.

#1glocker19
12-13-2005, 00:58
The only reason ufc is still around is cause Chuck Norris has never fought in it.

Davegrave
12-13-2005, 01:27
Originally posted by jeremy54b
Nobody gonna mention Randy Coutoure? This guy's 40+ years old and still taking out guys half his age and smiling about it!

+1. Randy gets my vote.
Even when he loses after 5 rounds, the winner looks like he wants to go die in a corner, and Randy looks like he might go for a 5 mile sprint to cool down. He's one tough mf.

Randy and Matt Hughes are my all time favorites.
But I did love Severn back in the day. That guy's scary. Like, 'eat your soul after the fight' scary.

Sanchin
12-13-2005, 03:16
Originally posted by #1glocker19
The only reason ufc is still around is cause Chuck Norris has never fought in it.

LOL!!! ;z Chuck Norris has received alot of attention lately.

Once Chuck Norris was sparring with Wolverine and lost a testicle. You may know it now by its technical name, Jupiter.

In the days before e-mail, Chuck Norris would tie messages to pigeons and then roundhouse kick them.

Chuck Norris once swallowed a Rubik's Cube. When it came out in the toilet it was solved.

Chuck Norris was born when he punched his way out of his mother's stomach. Shortly thereafter he began to grow a beard.

Chuck Norris invented water.

Chuck Norris is said to have roundhouse kicked a McDonald's so hard that it became a Wendy's.

Chuck Norris is where babies come from.

The main export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Chuck Norris invented a language that uses kicks and punches. So if he kicks your ass, don't take it personally. He may just be trying to say that he likes your hat.

Davegrave
12-13-2005, 20:43
Chuck Norris is so tough, just the mention of his name killed this thread.

Roland O'Gilead
12-13-2005, 22:31
Originally posted by Davegrave
Chuck Norris is so tough, just the mention of his name killed this thread.

HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

mkoricic
12-17-2005, 03:02
Hughes beat up a lame ass frank tripp twice, are you kidding me. He isnt in the top 500. shamrock and rocie gracie have go it to be top 10. Forest griffin got beat on the Ufc1 show and was handed the victory, he looked like a used tampon...lol

Fear762
12-19-2005, 10:15
Not a MattHughes fan i dunno why. I guess i like the heavyweights.

Greatest ufc fighter=Royce Gracie

Funnest to watch = tank abbott, ken shamrock..

Can take most abuse= cabbage

Fear762
12-19-2005, 10:16
Dan the beast severn was also pretty good ;g

Dogbite
12-22-2005, 08:46
The toughest, that's a very tough question. Matt Hughes? maybe. Tank? seen him knock out people like a rag doll, and get knocked out. One of the most fun to watch for sure. There are a bunch of men that are very very tough. Julio Cesar Chavez from the boxing world--tough little guy. Ken Shamrock, would have been interesting if he had not slipped with Franklin...There are to many tough guys to mention just one.

Bobo45
12-26-2005, 19:09