my son 2 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : my son 2

paltic
09-05-2005, 04:46
....medyo kakaiba itong nais ko sanang i-share sa inyo, its about my 4 year old son na madalas kong mabanggit sa board.. na-diagnosed sya ng pedia nya ng Atopic Dermititis, skin allergy na very itchy na scattered all over his body;g napakaraming bawal kainin.
I decided to tell you about this para din sana makahingi ng inyong opinions; especially marami po yatang BOG doctors. nakakaawa lang son ko kasi gusto niyang kumain pero bawal kainin;g .. Thanks for reading.

batangueno
09-05-2005, 05:33
I hope he gets well soon. :)

doctabako
09-05-2005, 05:39
Sorry to hear about your son's condition. Unfortunately Atopic dermatitis or atopic eczema is just one of those diseases where the exact cause is unknown but is related to hypersensitivity of your son's immune system, much like asthma. In fact a lot of laymen term this disease as skin asthma.

A major part of the treatment is avoidance of the triggering factors, there are no two ways about it. Your son will just have to avoid those things that trigger the attack or else the skin lesions will worsen. Food restrictions are just a small part of the management as a lot of things can trigger it. Things like stress, climate change, warm, humid environments etc. etc. The treatment is usually supportive when symptoms arise and there is no permanent cure. This condition is very frustrating to a parent and I know what you must be going through. On the bright side a certain percentage of patients who have this outgrow it especially if it started at a young age but is usually chronic and unrelenting if it starts in adulthood.

paltic
09-05-2005, 06:22
thanks po sa inyong inputs... panay ang research ko para sana mapakain ko ko sya ng foods na pwede sa kanya.. pati nga yung milk na iniinom nya bawal din pala;g

nrmcolt
09-05-2005, 08:21
ang may sakit nakakadurog talaga sa puso lalo na kung ikaw ang magulang, alam ko ang narararamdaman mo, may anak din akong maliit.

Pray and ask for miracles from Father Pio, he's the saint of miracle cure, sigurado ko matutulungan ka niya.

Regards

jerrytrini
09-05-2005, 11:04
I shall pray for your child.

bulm540
09-05-2005, 17:54
How extensive is the Dermatitis??My son has it too ( soem on his leg and a spot in his arm. We have gone to 2 different MDs here in TN, the last one was a pediatric dermatologist here in Vanderbilt University Medical Center. His has been controlled by topical ointments: Aclovate ( cortisone) used for the Ist 2 weeks then Protopic for Maintenance. It is a little harsh that he will not be able to eat some foods but I guess you have to follow your MDs advice. The MDs here says he may outgrow it. Be sure to use the gentlier detergents, also use gentlier soaps like dove , cetaphil etc. Hope this helps and hope your son gets better.

Vault Keeper
09-05-2005, 19:27
I dont know how effective and if medical science will agree to this. I was just talking to my father-in-law about the medicinal benefits of virgin (or even extra virgin) coconut oil...try it sir Paltic. He made mention of a friend who had scally skin (not Atopic Dermititis, im sure) but the oil cured the old man!

Im actually a believer of herbal meds. Like for one, years back my uric acid shoot up, chinese doctor gave me some herbals (pinakulo, then drunk the soup). After a week everything is back to normal. It would have taken a few weeks to a month if oral med was taken...

suggestion lang po...

darwin25
09-05-2005, 23:26
Originally posted by paltic
....medyo kakaiba itong nais ko sanang i-share sa inyo, its about my 4 year old son na madalas kong mabanggit sa board.. na-diagnosed sya ng pedia nya ng Atopic Dermititis, skin allergy na very itchy na scattered all over his body;g napakaraming bawal kainin.
I decided to tell you about this para din sana makahingi ng inyong opinions; especially marami po yatang BOG doctors. nakakaawa lang son ko kasi gusto niyang kumain pero bawal kainin;g .. Thanks for reading.

I have the same kind of disease. Kaya lng I was diagnosed when I was already 21. That was my first attack. Masakit talaga yan at sobrang kati. Pero wala akong allergies. Mine is stress-induced. Grabe yun first and second attack ko. Para akong pantal na nagkorteng tao. but the subsequent attack are mild. I had my last just over a month ago. Nakakaraos na ko ng wala kahit isang medication. Lakas kasi makapanghina ng meds ko e. Puro steroidal pati mga topicals. I hope your son gets better:)

vega
09-06-2005, 08:23
Sorry to hear about your son, my kids used to have allergies too but as they grew older they were able to overcome it. Dami rin bawal kainin.

vega

VICARA
09-06-2005, 13:10
vaultkeeper,
I've been researching on natural cures since early this year. I was wondering if u can give me more details re: herbalist u mentioned who prescribed you something to control your uric acid. Lately, I've been into all kinds of health problems the last one of which my creatanin level is a little over the limit. My PCP said my kidney is not 100% at work. Meaning, my kidney is acting up. I was told to cut down on sodium, etc, etc. My nephrologist said avoid anything that walk, crawl, swim or fly (and alcohol, i.e. beer which effectively killing me slowly). I got 3 gout attacks so far. oh man, that hurts!

So I was reading this book "Natural Cures They Dont Want You to Know About" by Kevin Trudeau but I'm skeptical to all his rantings. Sounds to me like he himself is also after the $$$ . Its in here http://www.naturalcures.com

I know this is endless debate. But I'm also open for perusal to non-drug, non-surgical and natural cures. Chinese are into it for hundreds of years already.

Any thoughts/comment/input, guys?

Thanks

bulm540
09-06-2005, 20:04
Originally posted by Vault Keeper
I dont know how effective and if medical science will agree to this. I was just talking to my father-in-law about the medicinal benefits of virgin (or even extra virgin) coconut oil...try it sir Paltic. He made mention of a friend who had scally skin (not Atopic Dermititis, im sure) but the oil cured the old man!

Im actually a believer of herbal meds. Like for one, years back my uric acid shoot up, chinese doctor gave me some herbals (pinakulo, then drunk the soup). After a week everything is back to normal. It would have taken a few weeks to a month if oral med was taken...

suggestion lang po...
That sounds like Psoriasis

Vault Keeper
09-06-2005, 21:43
Sir Vicara, any Chinese Doctor will do. But if you want to go to the doctor who cured me, you can find him in Masangkay St. (near Diao Eng Chay Bakeshop). Sorry but I dont know his full name.

If ever you see him, I suggest you bring someone who know how to speak chinese (baka hindi kaya magkaintindihan eh, mabigat syo Chinese equivalent of Viaaga;f )...

Chinese doctors are very unconventional compared to there western counter part. They do use stethoscope, but most of their diagnosis is based on pulse reading^c. I have not been to his new clinic lateley but normally they do have the drug store beside it where you can purchase his prescripttion (in chinese though).

Good luck and regards

VICARA
09-07-2005, 00:19
Thank you, vaultkeeper. I saved the details of your post.

My aunt's husband is Chinese and all my cousins speak Mandarin so I have a ready interpreter.

Again, maraming salamat po.

toxic
09-07-2005, 02:04
My kids and I have it too..dont know how bad (hope not) your son has..just make sure you keep the affected area moist by hypoallergenic lotion(dermatologist have this) use soap with moisturizer and with low % of perfume(dove)..another advice of the derma is to occationally give the child antihistamine like benadril

Doc T is right : Things like stress, climate change, warm, humid environments etc. triggers it.

Iam working in a very dry climate..and the stress is unbelievable...
umaatake minsan sa gabe super kati..im using Betnovate C (Cloquinol)and antipruritic creame, but whenever im back in the Philippines it disappears.

for Kids di pa masyado stress level ng mga yan, just follow what the derma said and hope my advice helps.

Vault Keeper
09-07-2005, 04:18
Originally posted by VICARA
Thank you, vaultkeeper. I saved the details of your post.

My aunt's husband is Chinese and all my cousins speak Mandarin so I have a ready interpreter.

Again, maraming salamat po.

Your welcome sir;a

paltic
09-07-2005, 19:00
.....may fever sya as of now:( (38 degrees).... naka-schedule kami punta ngayon pedia nya for blood/allergy test...;g

kristiansen
09-07-2005, 19:28
goodluck sir! sana maayos naman ang anak mo.will pray for him.and what is his name? have 3 boys also,ages 4,8 & 9.i know how you feel

Vault Keeper
09-07-2005, 20:08
Sir Vicara, sorry the doctor pala is alongSALAZAR ST. not Masangkay...

paltic
09-07-2005, 20:53
John Paulo name nya...4 years old last July 30.
...future shooter na tatalunin sina Lolo Grauffel,Adam Tyc & Jeufro ;P

buhay pa kaya sina TGO that time?;Q

VICARA
09-08-2005, 00:20
noted Salazar St.
Thanks again, vaultkeeper, for taking the time to post the right one.

Follow up question: where exactly is Salazar St.
I mean what part of Manila? Sampaloc? Binondo? Tondo? sa Ongpin ba? or is it outside MM?

Sorry, yun lang ang mga naalala kong lugar diyan.
--------
to paltic,
i will include John Paulo in my short prayers. I hope your doc's appointment will turn up all A-OK.
Your solace at that age is he can tell you now what's going on. Buo buo nang magsalita. Yung anak ko nun, 3 weeks old nung maimpeksion ang pusod. Magdamag puro iyak, hindi naman masabi kung alin ang masakit. Sa awa ng Dios nakaraos din. Ngayon, tapos na schooling at mahilig na rin sa shooting (at chicks!)

Good Luck...

vega
09-08-2005, 07:55
noted Salazar St.

China Town Sta. Cruz, Manila.
Malapit sa Ongpin. Alam ko dyan ang bilihan ng hopia.

vega

VICARA
09-08-2005, 10:21
Thank you sir vega. I still remember Sta Cruz. When i was in college, i used to ride in a 'kalesa' somewhere in Ongpin. Dun yung mga bebot na nanghihila kahit tanghaling tapat.

mayron pa kaya ang mga yun ngayon?

vega
09-08-2005, 17:55
Thank you sir vega. I still remember Sta Cruz. When i was in college, i used to ride in a 'kalesa' somewhere in Ongpin. Dun yung mga bebot na nanghihila kahit tanghaling tapat.

mayron pa kaya ang mga yun ngayon?
And natatandaan ko doon yung Good Earth and Sine Sta.Cruz. Hindi ko matandaan yung pangalan ng lugar sa nanghihila. Pero kelangan yata Chinese ka para papasukin ka. ;)

vega

Vault Keeper
09-08-2005, 18:21
noted Salazar St.

I mean what part of Manila? Sampaloc? Binondo? Tondo? sa Ongpin ba? or is it outside MM?

Sorry, yun lang ang mga naalala kong lugar diyan.

No problem, its in the Sta. Curz Area. If you know Ongpin St. in Binondo, jsut go straight till your reach last left turn before reaching Sta Cruz Church. ^8 ..lalo yata kitang nagulo don a...

Mang Danny
09-08-2005, 18:56
Ongpin St.: mula sa Binondo Church sa Reina Regente, sa kabilang dulo ay ang Sta Cruz Church sa Plaza Goiti. ang Salazar St. ay nasa bandang kalahati. Landmark is Salazar Bakery sa kaliwa if going towards Sta Cruz.

Sa Ongpin corner Tomas Mapua (formerly Misericordia), nandoon ang mga nanghihila.

If ever umuwi ako, I'll go around Ongpin. Miss ko na ang ma-ki-mi, ma-chang, sugar cane juice and of course Eng bee tin hopia. ;)

JuDGe
09-08-2005, 19:18
hope this map helps... just rename the file to map.doc ;f

VICARA
09-09-2005, 11:10
thank you po sa lahat ng nag post re:kung saan ang Salazar St.
sir judge, the map helps bring back memories of the old places I used to hang out. I remember Escolta,CM Recto, Carlos Palanca Sr, Carriedo, Elizondo, etc.
Anong street ba yung Gala Theater, yung nagpapalabas non ng comedy may kasamang burles dancer? Buhay pa kaya yun? Yung mga Ma-Moon-luk chain especialty chicken mami, kanton at siopao.
whoa..Na mi-miss ko tuloy ang mga kainan diyan sa Avenida Rizal at yung iba sa malapit/tapat ng Quiapo Church.
Pag uwi ko, bibisitahin ko ang mga lugar na yun...

vega
09-09-2005, 17:47
I don't think you'll enjoy those places you mentioned. Last time I was there (5 yrs ago) the place smells (except Escolta). May mga karton sa bangketa, doon natutulog yung mga homeless. Gala, Sine Sta. Cruz and Cinerama wala na. I used to walk from Bambang to Sta. Cruz when I was in HS (MIT). Ang finale ko Good Earth.

vega

batangueno
09-09-2005, 20:36
Although some places remain the same, you will be surprised how Manila has changed for the better. Thanks to Mayor Atienza.

paltic
09-09-2005, 23:15
medyo OK-oK na anak ko...may bagong cream/lotion binigay pedia/derma nya. thank u po sa lahat:)

PMMA97
09-10-2005, 14:45
Originally posted by paltic
medyo OK-oK na anak ko...may bagong cream/lotion binigay pedia/derma nya. thank u po sa lahat:)

My son had a similar conditon before. Halos hindi nya mahawakan ang toys nya. He was using his elbows to pick up things. Nakaka awa dahil nagdudugo mga sugat nya. But he eventually outgrew his condition. Sana malampasan din ng anak mo. :)

DoC_ER
09-10-2005, 20:56
prayers sent....

everything said by doctabako:)