how to destroy a firearm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : how to destroy a firearm

kerwin
09-06-2005, 18:45
what a waste. can you name a few?: http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/kerwinsalvador/2001111020Guns.jpg

another set, this time from the Philippines:http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/kerwinsalvador/philguns.jpg

mikey177
09-06-2005, 19:08
What a waste indeed. Granted that most of the guns in the lower photo look worn out and rusted. Still, I can't help but feel that confiscated firearms that are in good condition --instead of being destroyed-- should be registered and issued to new policemen to reduce the number of cops who don't even have duty weapons.

Alexii
09-06-2005, 19:46
I bet all the fine and expensive firearms aren't there but in possession of the people who confiscated them. The photo is most likely just for publicity. Pa-pogi points kumbaga.

MELBU
09-06-2005, 19:52
Originally posted by mikey177
What a waste indeed. Granted that most of the guns in the lower photo look worn out and rusted. Still, I can't help but feel that confiscated firearms that are in good condition --instead of being destroyed-- should be registered and issued to new policemen to reduce the number of cops who don't even have duty weapons.

Actually sir all the good condition firearms are already in the
hands of the officers (di nga lang recorded hehehehe)

The guns you see in the picture are really wasted guns, worn out
or non functioning weapons. And mostly pinagkuhanan ng ng parts
ng mga officers.

Destruction of confiscated weapons in the philippines is just for
show hehehehe.

Hay Pilipinas!

doctabako
09-06-2005, 22:16
For show or not, I like antique firearms and this makes me sad. I hope these people consult a gun historian before doing these things. What if there's a Singer 1911 there that those ignorant boobies failed to appreciate. From what I can see(from the top photo), there's a Webley Top Break revolver near the bottom, a piece that looks like a Mauser Broomhandle at the lower right side, a smattering of 1911's, various tokarev clones etc. etc. ~sd
The lower photo(the one that show's the author of that stupid pro-squatter law :)) shows mostly rusty scraps and looks like it's been picked through and sorted as compared to the upper photo which generally seem to be in better condition. Ibahin mo ang pinoy ;f

9MX
09-06-2005, 22:53
what a was of petrol (for the bulldozer). when all they had to do was just let homogenizer touch those guns..presto! they're broken;z

Arpee
09-07-2005, 02:09
just wondering, is there a store in Metro Manila that sells old (like in the first picture) but working or repairable firearms/pistols?

nrmcolt
09-07-2005, 06:50
Originally posted by doctabako
For show or not, I like antique firearms and this makes me sad. I hope these people consult a gun historian before doing these things. What if there's a Singer 1911 there that those ignorant boobies failed to appreciate. From what I can see(from the top photo), there's a Webley Top Break revolver near the bottom, a piece that looks like a Mauser Broomhandle at the lower right side, a smattering of 1911's, various tokarev clones etc. etc. ~sd
The lower photo(the one that show's the author of that stupid pro-squatter law :)) shows mostly rusty scraps and looks like it's been picked through and sorted as compared to the upper photo which generally seem to be in better condition. Ibahin mo ang pinoy ;f
+1 ;c

mikey177
09-07-2005, 06:55
Originally posted by 9MX
what a waste of petrol (for the bulldozer). when all they had to do was just let homogenizer touch those guns..presto! they're broken;z

Let's not be too hard on homogenizer... after all, it's his birthday tomorrow. Happy birthday, bro :)

eclipse1
09-08-2005, 18:38
show off