Ammo for Glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo for Glock

ssss8888
09-11-2005, 09:29
i recently purchased a glock17 and i've heard from some people that firing it with lead bullets would lessen the life of the firearm while others would say that its ok as long as you have it cleaned everytime. pls enlighten me on this.

also, if ever i want to use fmj reloads, what's the cheapest way of getting them? where? do i buy the shells and the heads separately or do i get only the shells, etc?

thanks

vega
09-11-2005, 14:45
It won't lessen the life of the firearm but there is a possibility of Kb if the barrel has too much lead on it. Back in PR I used lead all the time but gives the barrel a good run of snake bore cleaner every 100/200 rounds or so.

vega

atmarcella
09-12-2005, 07:12
s8,
pa reload ka nalang ke judge teflon bullets, its safe to use in glocks, not very expensive pa, bili ka muna ng shells/brass, i think at the gunshow this coming oct., you can get them at 4 bucks a pop, but you can use them till they crack, i do, in your g17 thats around 8-10 times, then give them to judge, pag usapan nyo nalang presyo, i get my .40 major load from him for 6 bucks a pop, yours is 9mm so it should be lesser:)

batangueno
09-12-2005, 07:17
If you want to use fmj only, just buy the shells and have them reloaded at Armscor.