Final Option Barsto [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Final Option Barsto

jlkwison
09-13-2005, 03:09
Hi Guys, hope you all are doing fine!

Just wanted to ask if anyone had already bought a barsto barrel from Final Option for glock and if so, did you have Final Option fit the barrel or did you have it fitted by someone else ? Thanks

PS

If you had the barrel fitted by Final Option...did they do a very good job ? Thanks lots. :)

JuDGe
09-13-2005, 04:00
Yup! Got one from they way back 1998 ata for my G35. Fitting job was free, brought my pistol and barsto to their shop at San Juan. The smith did a good job at fitting in the barrel to slide. Walang ginalaw dun sa slide, only the barsto was trimmed at the hood to fit the slide, para yung original barrel could still be used.

How much is the barsto barrel now?

jlkwison
09-13-2005, 04:20
Hi Judge! Musta ? :)

Thanks for answering my question. ;)

The price of a barsto barrel is 16T sa Final Option for the g19, I forgot to ask if kasama na fitting...but I think its inlcluded already since the store owner just told me they can fit it and did not mention a price for the service.

PS

Is the BARSTO-Glock with you padin ?

JuDGe
09-13-2005, 05:43
doing good ;f .... mahal na pala barsto got it last time for a little under 10k only... sold it na together with my g35.

vega
09-13-2005, 16:42
If you're mechanically inclined it's really easy, just make sure you have a caliper and dont use dremel.

vega

jlkwison
09-14-2005, 01:29
Originally posted by vega
If you're mechanically inclined it's really easy, just make sure you have a caliper and dont use dremel.

vega

Sir Vega,

I was thinking nga of fitting it myself since medyo mechanically inclined ako. I downloaded BARSTO's instruction on how to properly fit the barrel but they did not detail what tools and methods (like how to file the hood propely etc) to use. Can you teach me how ? Thanks lots. :)

rcm509
10-08-2005, 08:13
Originally posted by jlkwison
Hi Guys, hope you all are doing fine!

Just wanted to ask if anyone had already bought a barsto barrel from Final Option for glock and if so, did you have Final Option fit the barrel or did you have it fitted by someone else ? Thanks

PS

If you had the barrel fitted by Final Option...did they do a very good job ? Thanks lots. :)

I bought a Bar-Sto barrel from Final Option for my glock and brought it at their shop at Lope K. Santos, Mandaluyong this morning. The guy who worked on by barrel is Delio. When I asked how much they would charge me, I was told "kayo na lang ang bahala, sa amin naman nyo binili yan". Since I find the work satisfactory, just gave the guys a tip for their lunch (almost 12nn na kasi natapos). Then immediately proceeded to Armscor-MSC to do some test fire. The new barrel works prefect!

atmarcella
10-08-2005, 08:21
rcm509,
sir, if you dont mind, how much bili mo ng barsto sa final option? for what kind of glock? thanks!!!

rcm509
10-08-2005, 08:57
Originally posted by atmarcella
rcm509,
sir, if you dont mind, how much bili mo ng barsto sa final option? for what kind of glock? thanks!!!

16.5T for the G19. Medyo mataas na pero no choice ako, sila lang ang mayroon (as far I know). Anyway, I'm very satisfied with it when I tried it this morning.

bagito
10-08-2005, 09:51
jlkwison, rcm509, bogs
available barsto for g23 sa final option? how much? thanx

vega
10-09-2005, 13:58
Sir Vega,

I was thinking nga of fitting it myself since medyo mechanically inclined ako. I downloaded BARSTO's instruction on how to properly fit the barrel but they did not detail what tools and methods (like how to file the hood propely etc) to use. Can you teach me how ? Thanks lots. :)
I don't know how I missed this post, well here's my late reply. I used a small file which fitted the edges of the barrel. The sides are symetrical (sp) so I need to do both one time after the other. I don't know if I said that right but if I file one side about 10 passes I go to the other side making 10 passes to and try to apply same pressure all the times. Don't try yo finish it by applying too much pressure. Remember, once gone its gone. I always measure with the caliper to make sure that I'm not taking out too much.

The files areas will be rough so you need to smoothen that out with fine sand paper. I cant' recall which one I used. Try 600 and 1000. Don't make it fit with the file, put an allowance by using the fine sand paper for final fitting. If you make it exact fit using the file it will be a little loose when you smoothen it out.

Don't do this with out a caliper. Hindi pwede yung tantiya lang.

Good luck.

vega

jlkwison
10-09-2005, 20:35
Thanks Sir Vega :)

Sir Bagito,

I also asked how much a g22 (40 cal) barrel costs, i think it also cost around 16t if my memory serves me correct. So the g23's barrel might also be in the 16t vicinity.

jlkwison
10-09-2005, 20:47
Hey guys, gun show this Nov is just around the corner...

am going to try to find a Bartso Barrel that is hopefully less than 16t. il inform you if I find one. :) 16t kasi is the price of a brand new Rock Island 45 or 9mm, mukang mas logical choice to get a RI 9m to feed the reloaded brass from my g19. I could probably use the RI 9m for ESP division.

FYI

I saw a Nowlin commander barrel in 45 cal at Twinpines cubao around 2 (2003) years ago, it sells for only 8t with the bushing (& its one of the best 1911 barrels around)! A barsto 9m barrel for the glock 17 circa 2000 - 2001 cost 14t! 6t higher than the nowlin barrel which I saw more recently. By the way, the nowlin barrel was not a semi drop in like the Barsto and it was match grade and in stainless.

ssss8888
10-10-2005, 08:22
when you change the barrel, do u have to notify pnp?

vega
10-10-2005, 08:34
Originally posted by ssss8888
when you change the barrel, do u have to notify pnp?
You are required by law to register any new barrels.

vega

asian_glockster
10-10-2005, 11:11
ano po ang telephone number ng Final Option? at saan po ang address?

maraming salamat po

mirko128
10-10-2005, 11:26
Originally posted by asian_glockster
ano po ang telephone number ng Final Option? at saan po ang address?

Final Option
FB-35A 1st Basement Lvl
Makati Cinema Square Pasong Tamo,
finaloption@mydestiny.net
-firearms, parts, accessories, & ammo retail
-mall parking

Take a look at horge's sticky post (http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418444) for a directory of stores.

asian_glockster
10-10-2005, 11:40
Thanks Mirko128

Vault Keeper
10-10-2005, 22:14

Sir Bagito,

I also asked how much a g22 (40 cal) barrel costs, i think it also cost around 16t if my memory serves me correct. So the g23's barrel might also be in the 16t vicinity.

YIKES! Mahal na pala ng Barsto ngayon...grabe! Almost equivalent to one local unit...

bagito
10-14-2005, 14:44

Sir Bagito,

thanx;f