Operation Bakal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Operation Bakal

Allegra
09-13-2005, 07:13
Legal ba ang operation bakal?

A few weeks ago , nakasabay ko dumating mga well armed cops dito sa popular new gimikan sa aming nayon
Naka battle dress puro mahaba ang dala
You'd think may drug den na ireraid
I watched in amazement as they entered the establishment and started going from table to table askin the well dressed patrons to lift their shirts up kung may dalang baril
I had to laugh out loud looking at the sosi crowd naooperation bakal ahihihihi kala ko sa ktv lang nangyayari toh ( kwento lang sakin ha )
You can see the people were upset and quite a few were loudly protesting
The cops were confused themselves at napaphiya na rin kaya umalis na rin agad

Legal ba toh?
Can you refuse to be searched?

9MX
09-13-2005, 09:04
i think you can refuse a body search if there is no warrant.

taurus? attyjpl? what say you?;Q

vega
09-13-2005, 09:29
Would you refuse this cop?;)

http://www.hot-heels.ch/assets/images/db_images/db_FP3261.jpg
http://www.hot-heels.ch/assets/images/db_images/db_FP3261.jpg

vega

9MX
09-13-2005, 09:38
vega,

if she is the cop, i would insist for a thorough body search;f

Mang Danny
09-13-2005, 14:31
Vega, a cop like that I would consent to a strip search!;f

PMMA97
09-13-2005, 14:52
What if you indeed have a gun with a PTCFOR and you ALSO have a bladed weapon do they have the right to confiscate your unlicensed knife?

vega
09-13-2005, 16:36
Hey, may bagong batas ba for a licensed knife. Ang alam ko LNL pa rin yan. And if you're carrying inside a gimikan you're still in violation of the law even if you have PTC.

vega

horge
09-13-2005, 16:43
Originally posted by vega
Hey, may bagong batas ba for a licensed knife. Ang alam ko LNL pa rin yan. And if you're carrying inside a gimikan you're still in violation of the law even if you have PTC.

vega

My thoughts exactly.
Thanks for the prior photo, vega.

9MX
09-13-2005, 18:11
+1 on vega's post (about the knife this time :cool: )

best that you carry a leatherman

PMMA97
09-13-2005, 18:18
It just seems to be an illogical move to charge someone illegal possesion of a bladed weapon when he is in fact licensed to carry a firearm.

9MX
09-13-2005, 18:20
Originally posted by PMMA97
It just seems to be an illogical move to charge someone illegal possesion of a bladed weapon when he is in fact licensed to carry a firearm.

I get your logic, unfortunately it needs to be passed as a law;g

Vault Keeper
09-13-2005, 19:13
Sir Allegra, if you dont mind, which "popular new gimikan" are you referring to? I really have this things with cope entering resto as a group! The more if they will go "table hopping...". I just dont trust them (sad to say), and not that I am trying to hide something. Just heard a lot of stories about them (and was a victim once..)

About the lady cop, if my Commander-in-Chief is not around, as Mang Danny said...STRIP SEARCH ALL THE WAY!;f

Regards to all...

Allegra
09-13-2005, 19:18
Originally posted by Vault Keeper
Sir Allegra, if you dont mind, which "popular new gimikan" are you referring to? I really have this things with cope entering resto as a group! The more if they will go "table hopping...". I just dont trust them (sad to say), and not that I am trying to hide something. Just heard a lot of stories about them (and was a victim once..)

About the lady cop, if my Commander-in-Chief is not around, as Mang Danny said...STRIP SEARCH ALL THE WAY!;f

Regards to all...

Dont worry, it's not in Manila :)
Dito sa aming nayon sa prubinsya

MELBU
09-13-2005, 21:24
Whoah if thats the lady cop, ill agree for a body search basta i-body
search ko rin sya hehehehe.

Pilipino ako pero ang gulo talaga ng batas sa pilipinas, kakainis hehehe

;) ;f

jerrytrini
09-13-2005, 21:49
What was their probable cause to search? Were the officers in "fresh pursuit" then they had a good reason for the search otherwise they were just "fishing".

9MX
09-14-2005, 00:03
Originally posted by jerrytrini
What was their probable cause to search? Were the officers in "fresh pursuit" then they had a good reason for the search otherwise they were just "fishing".

"fishing" is rampant here jerrytrini!;g

Allegra
09-14-2005, 06:59
Fishingis the right word
Actually, sakin ok lang ,ag Op bakal sa establishments that serve beer
Of course it's extremely funny in cases like this

jerrytrini
09-14-2005, 07:08
Any citizen can always file a complaint with their supervisor or station commander. It is a long shot, but hey at least you made an effort.

toxic
09-14-2005, 08:46
Any citizen can always file a complaint with their supervisor or station commander. It is a long shot, but hey at least you made an effort.

Sad to say dun sa aming probinsya , Sir Jerry the complain is not gonna go anywhere i tried that a couple of times i just spend long hours giving my statement..oh man you should see the faces of the LEO's i was complaining about,kulang na lang eh kainin ako ng buo buti na lang my lawyer followed me to the precint(ended up with a settlement with the LEO giving apology) ..its better to complain with the media tagging along taking videos..then thats the time they will do something.
Case to case basis (siguro)na tyempuhan lang ako ng malulupet.

9MX
09-14-2005, 08:58
Originally posted by Allegra
...it's extremely funny in cases like this

not when you're at the receiving end;g

Allegra
09-14-2005, 09:19
Originally posted by 9MX
not when you're at the receiving end;g

I've been in the receiving end though sa ibang lugar
I forgot I had my folder w/ me when cops entered this bar near UP
It was still funny :))

vega
09-14-2005, 10:11
Originally posted by PMMA97
That is a very good legal discussion. Sana carry over na rin yung bladed weapon.

Originally posted by horge
Thanks for the prior photo, vega.
You're welcome.

vega

PMMA97
09-14-2005, 15:44

That will really be an effort. Ang gulo ng PNP markings dito baka maligaw ka kakahanap ng station ;g Kapag nakita mo naman sa desk officer pa lang white wash na. Maganda kung ma-trace mo dun tayo sa NAPOLCOM magreklamo or better yet kay Tulfo ;f

attyjpl
09-18-2005, 06:00
Originally posted by Allegra
Legal ba ang operation bakal?

A few weeks ago , nakasabay ko dumating mga well armed cops dito sa popular new gimikan sa aming nayon
Naka battle dress puro mahaba ang dala
You'd think may drug den na ireraid
I watched in amazement as they entered the establishment and started going from table to table askin the well dressed patrons to lift their shirts up kung may dalang baril
I had to laugh out loud looking at the sosi crowd naooperation bakal ahihihihi kala ko sa ktv lang nangyayari toh ( kwento lang sakin ha )
You can see the people were upset and quite a few were loudly protesting
The cops were confused themselves at napaphiya na rin kaya umalis na rin agad

Legal ba toh?
Can you refuse to be searched?

it is legal and will always be legal for as long as no one has the guts to question it. sometimes, acquiescence and silence are the problem. the police will always say it is a legitimate operation. when you have been subjected to operations like this, bring it to the attention of civil rights groups because they are the ones who usually bring cases to courts regarding this. of course, you can refuse to be searched but think about the repercussions if you don't.

attyjpl
09-18-2005, 06:06

jerrytrini, we call it here the principle of "hot pursuit" and if that is the cause, then it is legal. but come to think of it, it is very simple to concoct an imaginary "pursuit", right?

jerrytrini
09-18-2005, 06:29
You're absolutely right attyjpl.

If anyone remembers the thread about firearms ownership by foreigners please post it.