Regarding checkpoints [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Regarding checkpoints

theTactician
09-13-2005, 09:55
Any lawyers here who can help me out..thanks.

ok, here's the situation..you were being flagged down by a group of cops late at night and you opened up your window, turned off the headlights, turn on your interior lights and asked politely, "what seems to be the problem sir?" Then they would usually say, "checkpoint lang po sir." as they flash a beam of light inside your car checking the flooring and everything. then he says, "Paki-buksan lang po yung glove compartment".

question number 1: Can they legally do this without a search warrant? By search warrant i mean, it has to indicate your name, your vehicle, and the glove compartment where they intend to search.

Some of my friends say that you can refuse but if you've got nothing to hide then you can show it right?

then you opened your glove compartment and yet they found nothing. this cop asked you "Pwede po ba naming silipin ang ilalim ng mga upuan"?

question number 2: Can they legally do this? I have this belief that they can only search areas within your car where only their flashlight beams can reach and that they have no right to touch anything inside the car (e.g. halughugin ang car) unless they have a search warrant right?

If these cops violated your rights, can you legally sue them?

nagtatanong lang po.. :-)

mikol
09-13-2005, 10:58
Originally posted by theTactician
"Pwede po ba naming silipin ang ilalim ng mga upuan"?
dyan mo pala tinatago yung boga mo kapag nilabas mo sa bahay ha.;f
;e
don't worry bro, wala pa ako na encounter na check point na ganyan ka higpit kung humalungkat sa loob ng kotse. pa silip-silip lang yang mga yan.
kahit nga dalhin mo shotgun mo tapus ilagay mo sa ilalim ng rug sa likod ng kotse mo di nga nila makikita yun.;)
di ko sinabi subukan mo ha.;f

Mang Danny
09-13-2005, 14:37
Turn on interior lights, open window and declare "boss may dala ako".
Be prepared to show your papers (MO, MR, PTC, whatever). Engage them in idle talk.;)

PMMA97
09-13-2005, 14:48
Pwede mo namang astigan and refuse to obey. Malamang "imbitahin" ka naman sa presinto lalong abala inabot mo ;g

vega
09-13-2005, 16:32
The way I understand the law, and please correct me if I'm wrong, they can only check what they visually see. They cannot ask you to open your glove compartment nor your clutch bag. They can ask you to open your trunks but you have the right not to in a polite way of course. They cannot even ask you to get off your vehicle.

IMO.
vega

9MX
09-13-2005, 18:19
Its limited to plainview. Anything beyond that, they ask for your consent which is a mind trick since once you say yes, waived na ang warrant. If you're piece is covered by a PTT, there would certainly be some questions especially if you carried it with a loaded mag. The worse than can happen in this case is that you get reported to the PNP chief for violating one of the PTT's provision. But you won't be criminally charged since your FA is licensed. Remember Ryan?

But the Tactician posed a good question, how do cops get sanctioned when they do a warrantless search? The recent raid on ex NBI agent/handwriting expert Tabayoyong comes to mind. Looks like cops can just get a way with it. ;g

Because even if one pursues a case against them, its difficult to allocate time and money. Sa prosecutor palang, dudugo ka na

Alexii
09-13-2005, 20:25
There's a security alert notice in my wife's place of work where there are reports of using checkpoints as a ruse to carjack vehicles. Be careful out there, guys.

I think I recall for a checkpoint to be legitimate, it has to be done in a wel-lit area and with a CHECKPOINT sign indicating the name of the team leader/station commander.

PMMA97
09-14-2005, 00:00
Originally posted by Alexii

I think I recall for a checkpoint to be legitimate, it has to be done in a wel-lit area and with a CHECKPOINT sign indicating the name of the team leader/station commander.

There is a check point along Gapan-Olongapo road near a power station noong simula lang nasa ayos pero ngayon wala ng ilaw andami pang nakaharang. Ningas Cogon.

doctabako
09-14-2005, 00:18
Originally posted by Alexii

to add, the people manning the checkpoints should always be in uniform.

nrmcolt
09-14-2005, 07:39
Originally posted by PMMA97
Pwede mo namang astigan and refuse to obey. Malamang "imbitahin" ka naman sa presinto lalong abala inabot mo ;g
Slightly off-topic, pero, I get ticked off every time I hear the police saying "pwede ka ba namin imbitahin sa prisinto?". I mean, kapag sinabi "imbitahin" di ba "invite" yun? ie."Hoy!imbitahin kita sa party ko,ha?" Pag ganun pwede ka tumanggi di ba?ie. "Ay, di pwede may lakad ako,e". Pero dito sa atin kapag tumanggi ka sa "imbitasyon" ng mga pulis, kakaladkarin ka pa rin sumama sa kanila, pero habang kinakaladkad ka maririnig mo pa rin sa kanila na "sumama ka na, iniimbita ka lang naman namin e! sabay poposasan ka nila! ;f

toxic
09-14-2005, 11:20
I posted this at Operation bakal..deleted it and found this thread so here it goes with some modification.

I was stopped 2 years ago at San Jose del monte coming from lagro kabibile ko palang ng pistol on my way home..Mang Danny is right basta me papel at magdeclare na may dala ka. Ayos na.

But what if kung intoxicated ka?
During my last vacation this year lang ..me,my buddies and some relatives came from Batangas via Cavite at around 3 AM, we were stopped by several men in uniform somewhere along Rojas Blvd ..Ok na sana coz i spoke to one of the LEO told him we came from Batangas on our way to Bulacan ..another LEO saw the PRO GUN and PPSA sticker., then ayon we were all asked to get off the car.
Para lang matapos na at ng makauwe kame, We all came down and was body searched , another LEO going over some stuff in my car..I rushed beside him and asked whats his doing. I admit medyo nakainom ako but im not driving..since its my car ako parin humarap sa Pulis..medyo barumbado magtanong yung isa..i kept my cool at baka samain ako puro mahaba dala so i backed off.....di na ko nakatiis at baka kako taniman ng kung ano yung sasakyan ko, I approached another uniformed LEO showed all my IDs,gun licence and everything told him "Yes i own a couple of guns but i dont transport it kase wala namang laro sa Batangas at the time at expired yung PTT ko"..Buti na lang umulan....pinaalis na kame. The rain saved the day.

Lessons learned : Always designate a driver kung inuman ang lakad.
Dont take any chances or the so called LNL.
Get rid off your PRO GUN sticker.
Thank someone up there ..umuulan sa Pilipinas.

Umulan man o umaraw Ano nga ba talaga legalities ng check point pwede ba sila maghalukay na lang basta basta?..Siguro tanong din natin to kay Punisher 45..

Allegra
09-15-2005, 09:08
I always get waved off pag ininglish ko ng mabilis ang nasa checkpoint
I dont carry a gun pero my car is heaviuly tinted kaya parati mainit sa mata
Works for me

ssss8888
09-15-2005, 09:46
paanong mainit sa mata? from what ive experienced, when you have dark tint, the less likely they will pull you over. can u guys comment on this?

Allegra
09-15-2005, 10:25
Originally posted by ssss8888
paanong mainit sa mata? from what ive experienced, when you have dark tint, the less likely they will pull you over. can u guys comment on this?

Try driving an L300 w/ dark tinted windows thru a checkpoint with your male friends :) now that is a mainit sa mata

doctabako
09-15-2005, 10:41
Originally posted by Allegra
Try driving an L300 w/ dark tinted windows thru a checkpoint with your male friends :) now that is a mainit sa mata

Very true, the men in uniform seem to think that this particular model is the kidnapper and drive-by shooter's ultimate in vehicle fashion and most of the checkpoints I've passed have L300's parked by the wayside,being searched or interrogated by these people. Talk about being typecasted ;g Large SUV's with dark tinted windows which are more likely to be carrying contraband are just waived away. Go figure :)

Mang Danny
09-15-2005, 15:09
Talk about being typecasted ...........
Ang parak sa checkpoint pag naka-barong ka or kurbata "SIR" ang tawag kaagad sa iyo. ;g

DoC_ER
09-15-2005, 16:24
Ang parak sa checkpoint pag naka-barong ka or kurbata "SIR" ang tawag kaagad sa iyo.

very true....

tell them job well done=)
for them to think that you are an officer...

but why mga big suv's like yukon denali,escalade,expedition nagiisip sila ng 2x bago nila harangin...

thats really unfair for people driving small non luxurious vehicle

just my 2 cents

9MX
09-15-2005, 18:29
Originally posted by Allegra
I always get waved off pag ininglish ko ng mabilis ang nasa checkpoint

puwede din ba taglish like:

parak: good evening ho, saan ang punta nila:
car: i'm going to my bahay na

parak: puwede ho buksan ang glove compartment?
car: you're so kaka, do you have a warrant

parak: saan ho sila galing
car: i just made ikot ikot sa greenbelt

;f

ssss8888
09-15-2005, 19:58
oh i get it. so its probably not a tint issue, its a car issue hehe

maomanila
09-15-2005, 21:02
Hey 9MX, you can also tell the parak:
I'll pokpok your head, pinch your singit, and make sipa your pwet!

ssss8888:
Indeed! I drive my BMW, they let me through without hassle. I drive my Sentra, through the same checkpoint, they ask their silly questions.

zorkd
09-16-2005, 03:34
it's all about profiling, i always pack a piece but am always in chef's or corporate attire and once i slide down the window, they say sir, "ay! sige sir.", then let me pass.

Mang Danny
09-16-2005, 07:17
Originally posted by zorkd
it's all about profiling, i always pack a piece but am always in chef's or corporate attire and once i slide down the window, they say sir, "ay! sige sir.", then let me pass.
How about a military or police hat in the dashboard, or wearing a vest that say ABS-CBN on the chest? Do you still get waved thru the checkpoint?

9MX
09-16-2005, 09:52
Originally posted by maomanila
I drive my BMW...

siyet bmer! you're so yaman pala;f

i drive a revo, minsan pinara na ako, akala taxi ako;g

PMMA97
09-16-2005, 15:10
Originally posted by Mang Danny
How about a military or police hat in the dashboard, or wearing a vest that say ABS-CBN on the chest? Do you still get waved thru the checkpoint?

A bull ring always works wonders. ;f

toxic
09-16-2005, 22:37
Originally posted by 9MX
siyet bmer! you're so yaman pala;f

kaya pala ko pinapara palagi..auto ko kotseng kuba na malapit ng kapitan ng talaba;f

maomanila
09-16-2005, 23:34
9MX pare ko, smuggled yung bm ko --- cheap lang, pero na ka TMG commemorative plates. ;f

But guys it is true that the paraks here are quite selective on who they'll hassle.

nrmcolt
09-17-2005, 08:46
Originally posted by toxic
kaya pala ko pinapara palagi..auto ko kotseng kuba na malapit ng kapitan ng talaba;f
;z ;z ;c

9MX
09-17-2005, 09:31
Originally posted by maomanila
9MX pare ko, smuggled yung bm ko --- cheap lang,

how cheap? mag bmw na lang ako instead of going open ;f is that from subic? converted?

attyjpl
09-18-2005, 04:08
[QUOTE]Originally posted by theTactician
Any lawyers here who can help me out..thanks.

ok, here's the situation..you were being flagged down by a group of cops late at night and you opened up your window, turned off the headlights, turn on your interior lights and asked politely, "what seems to be the problem sir?" Then they would usually say, "checkpoint lang po sir." as they flash a beam of light inside your car checking the flooring and everything. then he says, "Paki-buksan lang po yung glove compartment".

question number 1: Can they legally do this without a search warrant? By search warrant i mean, it has to indicate your name, your vehicle, and the glove compartment where they intend to search.

the supreme court has consistently ruled in a lot of cases that searches in checkpoints are limited only to VISUAL search, meaning, they can only confiscate what they "see" and not what they "find" underneath the car mats, inside the glove compartment and inside the trunk.

Some of my friends say that you can refuse but if you've got nothing to hide then you can show it right?

yes, you can refuse. just be polite enough to say so without antagonizing the cops.

then you opened your glove compartment and yet they found nothing. this cop asked you "Pwede po ba naming silipin ang ilalim ng mga upuan"?

question number 2: Can they legally do this? I have this belief that they can only search areas within your car where only their flashlight beams can reach and that they have no right to touch anything inside the car (e.g. halughugin ang car) unless they have a search warrant right?

NO, they cannot legally do that. as i've said, VISUAL search lang, unless there is probable cause to believe that you are hiding something. if the police have reason to believe that you are a suspicious character, pwede nila halughugin maski kailalim-ilaliman ng kotse mo. to cite an example, my friend's car was flagged down one night in quezon city. the reason? maputik at sobrang dumi ng car nya kasi he came from pampanga. but still, that is not a GOOD reason to search the vehicle.

If these cops violated your rights, can you legally sue them?

of course you can. you can file a case either with the people's law enforcement board (PLEB), the internal affairs service (IAS) of the PNP or the NAPOLCOM.

attyjpl
09-18-2005, 04:24
Originally posted by 9MX
Its limited to plainview. Anything beyond that, they ask for your consent which is a mind trick since once you say yes, waived na ang warrant. If you're piece is covered by a PTT, there would certainly be some questions especially if you carried it with a loaded mag. The worse than can happen in this case is that you get reported to the PNP chief for violating one of the PTT's provision. But you won't be criminally charged since your FA is licensed. Remember Ryan?

But the Tactician posed a good question, how do cops get sanctioned when they do a warrantless search? The recent raid on ex NBI agent/handwriting expert Tabayoyong comes to mind. Looks like cops can just get a way with it. ;g

Because even if one pursues a case against them, its difficult to allocate time and money. Sa prosecutor palang, dudugo ka na

cops who do a warrantless search do get sanctioned, but as to what "sanctions", you will be disappointed. sometimes, they only get reprimanded or suspended for several months without pay. if you want them sacked from the service, the violation must be gross. there are "some" prosecutors in the PNP-IAS and NAPOLCOM who protect their kind pero meron naman matitino. tama ka pare, sa prosecutor pa lang, dudugo ka na. they put the burden on the complainant to prove the wrongdoing committed by the police because they hide under the legal presumption that "official duty has been regularly performed." when you want to file a complaint against cops, find lawyers who are also cops (like jimmy santiago) because they know the ins and out of the system.

toxic
09-18-2005, 06:40
Thanks Attyjpl for the interpretation of the law regarding this topic , i'm sure BOG's appreciate your advice also..next time i get flagged down, i know now what LEO's supposed to do and what not do.

BULIK
09-18-2005, 07:58
attyjpl sir,

Thanks for the info!
may natutunan nanaman ako.^c

st. matthew
09-19-2005, 08:51
Originally posted by 9MX

hehehe i know the feeling bro,ako rin palaging pinapara;f ;f ,saan ba puedeng itrade-in,kahit escalade lang hehehe:cool: :cool:

doctabako
09-19-2005, 12:12
I also drive a revo pero hindi naman ako pinapara. Mukha siguro akong holdaper o di kaya'y Abu Sayaff ;f

st. matthew
09-19-2005, 16:26
DocT sa ichura mo lang kasi,bistado ko nang mayaman hehehe;f ;f

i also look like an abu sayaf,yun nga lang kalbo hehehe;f ;f

9MX
09-19-2005, 19:38
Originally posted by doctabako
I also drive a revo pero hindi naman ako pinapara. Mukha siguro akong holdaper o di kaya'y Abu Sayaff ;f

actually, i'm just kidding about me being stopped;f

if that happens in the future, i'd probably give them da finga!bwahahahaha;z the revo actually is more of a back up car to work around MMDA's coding scheme:cool:

SMBeerDealer
09-20-2005, 22:08
Originally posted by 9MX
actually, i'm just kidding about me being stopped;f

if that happens in the future, i'd probably give them da finga!bwahahahaha;z the revo actually is more of a back up car to work around MMDA's coding scheme:cool:

I've a friend who drives a Revo and he actually joins the line of AUV's somewhere in Commonwealth going to Makati. One trip lang libre na daw gas nya for the day e. ;f

attyjpl
09-23-2005, 06:34
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: allow me to post the following article published in the website of the public information office of the supreme court:

SC Clarifies Requirements of ‘Plain View’ Doctrine Posted: July 28, 2005
By Ia Laurienne S. Ramiro {

For being “fruits of the poisonous tree,” the Supreme Court rendered inadmissible in evidence counterfeit drugs seized by agents of the National Bureau of Investigation.

In a 22-page decision penned by Justice Romeo J. Callejo Sr., the SC’s Second Division said that petitioner United Laboratories, Inc. (UNILAB) failed to adduce evidence to show that the seizure of some 790 bottles of Disudrin and 30 boxes of Inoflox not described in the warrant were justified under the “plain view doctrine.”

The Court found that UNILAB and the NBI agents failed to adduce evidence to prove the existence of all the essential requirements for the application of the plain view doctrine during the hearing of the respondents’ motion to quash the search warrant, or at the very least, during the hearing on the motion for reconsideration. They did not present the agents who executed the warrant and therefore had personal knowledge whether the sealed boxes and the contents thereof were incriminating and immediately apparent. Neither did they present any of UNILAB’s representatives present during the search.

The Court said that the seizure of objects or articles not described in the warrant cannot be presumed as plain view. The State must adduce testimonial or documentary evidence to prove the convergence of the following essential requirements for the doctrine to apply: first, the executing law enforcement officer must have had a prior justification for an initial intrusion or otherwise properly in a position from which he can view a particular order; second, the officer must have discovered incriminating evidence inadvertently; and third, it must have been immediately apparent to the police that the items they observed may be evidence of a crime, contraband, or otherwise subject to seizure.

The Court clarified that the plain view doctrine is not an exception to the search warrant but merely serves to supplement the prior justification – whether it be a warrant for another object, hot pursuit, such as an incident to a lawful arrest or some other legitimate reason for being present, unconnected with a search directed against the accused. “The doctrine may not be used to extend a general search from one object to another until something incriminating at last emerges. It is a recognition of the fact that when executing police officers come across immediately incriminating evidence not covered by the warrant, they should not be required to close their eyes to it, regardless of whether it is evidence of the crime they are investigating or evidence of some other crime,” said the Court.

Following a tip by one Charlie Rabe of the Armadillo Protection and Security Agency, who allegedly saw respondents manufacture, produce, and distribute fake drug products such as Revicon, the NBI filed an application with the Manila Regional Trial Court for the issuance of a warrant to search inside the first and second floors of the Shalimar Building and seize “counterfeit Revicon multivitamins, finished or unfinished, and the documents used in recording, manufacture and/or importation, distribution and/or sale, or the offering for sale, sale and/or distribution of the said vitamins”.

No fake Revicon multivitamins were found; instead, the agents found sealed boxes, which, upon opening, were found to contain Disudrin and Inoflox. The respondents thereafter filed an urgent motion to quash the search warrant or to suppress the evidence, contending that the premises searched were different from that described, and that the items seized were not included in the list of properties to be seized in the search warrant.

The trial court granted the motion to quash the search warrant and issued an advisory that the seized articles could no longer be admitted in evidence against the respondents in any proceedings.
The RTC’s denial of respondents’ motion for reconsideration led to the filing of a petition for review on certiorari with the SC.

Concurring in the decision were Division Chairman Senior Associate Justice Reynato S. Puno and Justices Ma. Alicia Austria-Martinez, Dante O. Tinga, and Minita V. Chico-Nazario. (GR No. 163858, United Laboratories, Inc. v. Ernesto Isip, et. al., June 28, 2005)

toxic
09-24-2005, 01:30
it sucks caught red handed then the siezed items cant be used as evidence, guess they call this as due to technicality the Bad guys can walk free.

vic2_187
09-25-2005, 22:32
first of all, if you can afford the proper papers to carry get it done.
i learned the hard way.

i was victim of a check point. cops gave me a hard time, i was driving a 97 corrola at the time, dark tint. (now i have a new car, no problems at checkpoints)
i was unaware of the law, since i grew up in america. they told me to get down and they found a loaded pistol. since i spoke english well, they assumed i was rich and would gladly pay them off. on the way to the precinct one of the cops was forcing to hold one of the M16's in the car, most likely trying to plant it on me or get my prints on the weapon. i refused...

at the precinct, the negotiations occured. basically how much to let me go? watta world we live in here in the philippines.
dont worry, all they wanted was 150,000 pesos and they would "forget about it"... why so high? cause all the cops at the checkpoint would have a share....oh, they also wanted my sony ericsson P900 at the time.

im sad to say this, but i have no respect now for the pnp at all...
they are just criminals in uniform....if your a good cop and your reading this, i offer you my respect...

to put the long story short, had to use connections, got off easy...and gave the cops a little "donation" for the trouble....and they took my gun also...

its unaffordable for most people in this country to purchase and own a legal firearm. unlike in america people buy guns like they are buying shoes.
its sad we live in a third world country full of armed criminals, and when us good citizens need help, you cant turn to the cops, cause they are criminals also. (most of them)

lessons learned:
if you can afford it, get a PTC or the PTT...
no use in being mean to cops if you do have proper papers, cause they may plant something else on you anyway...
if you want less hassle, dont get a super dark tint...
if you can afford it, always drive a new car...
also, have 150,000 pesos handy if you are carrying an unregistered firearm...

9MX
09-25-2005, 22:55
so you were carrying an unlicensed gun? if yes, then had the cops followed procedures, you'd be thrown in jail and would spend more than 150K to mount your defense.

bottomline here is to just obey the law (naks! ambait ko;f )

mikol
09-25-2005, 23:28
Originally posted by 9MX
yup follow the law and be a PPSA member, and you'll not need to worry anymore regarding the 1km radius provision/restriction of your PTT. ;e ;) ;)

Allegra
09-26-2005, 06:42
Originally posted by 9MX
so you were carrying an unlicensed gun? if yes, then had the cops followed procedures, you'd be thrown in jail and would spend more than 150K to mount your defense.

Oo nga , I thoght they planted a gun

That should have been ano nga ba? a 4 - 7 year sentence?

Alexii
09-26-2005, 07:47
I don't know about you guys, but even if I have a PTC and a licensed firearm on board, I have no intention of showing it to them nor letting them know I'm carrying-- even if they ask. Keep in mind they are restricted to visual search only.

Just keep in mind the rules of checkpoint. Better yet, plot a course where you will encounter none on your usual routes. Learn to discern images 500 yards away at night while you can still make a surreptitious turn away from them.

ego1911
09-26-2005, 07:54
bottomline here is to just obey the law (naks! ambait ko;f ) [/B][/QUOTE]

Right! Obey the law and use your connection (let's see kung makaporma pa sila);z

vic2_187
09-26-2005, 23:50
opo, im law abiding, somewhat...hehehe

i agree, obey the law, cause if you dont, our local cops will find a way to make money from your mistakes....

i also agree that at a check point, dont tell them your carrying, even if you have a ptc, cause they will still try to search your car, happened to me already...dont keep your pistol in plain view, keep it in your waist,under your shirt, they wont look there(usually).

other tips:
if you can, stay away from taft ave, buendia, roxas, lots of check points...
also, check points are usually 12-3am...
also, if its raining, no cops around......hehehe

if you have "connections" keep them handy...

it seems that owning and carrying a firearm legally here in the philippines is a luxury, not a right of a citizen...look how much a ptc will cost you....cost of the ptc costs more than guns of some people(no offense to anyone)

unlike in america, they have the "right to bear arms"...in the state of vermont for example, if you are a legal resident of the state, any pistol you own, you can legally carry, as long as you have your drivers license with you... ayos diba...in washington state, all you need is one PTC and if you have a few pistols, you can carry three pistols on you if you want to(totoo yan ha, my dad carries two glocks there)... ayos!!! sana ganon dito...

9MX
09-26-2005, 23:54
Originally posted by vic2_187

it seems that owning and carrying a firearm legally here in the philippines is a luxury, not a right of a citizen...look how much a ptc will cost you....cost of the ptc costs more than guns of some people(no offense to anyone)

grease money vs. jail time (which could have been lawfully deserved) = fair trade

FA ownership - unfortunate but true, as ruled by the supreme court recently.

PTC going rate is now at 12K. for that amount, i'd rather practice running. libre na, bibilis pa ako (sana);z

ssss8888
09-27-2005, 02:03
Originally posted by mikol
yup follow the law and be a PPSA member, and you'll not need to worry anymore regarding the 1km radius provision/restriction of your PTT. ;e ;) ;)

why wont you need to worry? :) sorry, i dont get it.

9MX
09-27-2005, 02:11
why wont you need to worry? :) sorry, i dont get it.

PTT of PPSA members have more shooting ranges (as per PPSA match sked) listed which means greater coverage

ssss8888
09-27-2005, 02:56
Originally posted by 9MX
PTT of PPSA members have more shooting ranges (as per PPSA match sked) listed which means greater coverage

oh ok. i didnt know that. how many ranges do u have as choices? covers almost the whole metro? does most of us use PTT or PTC? isnt it inconvenient for you to check how far you are from those shooting ranges whenever you carry? on the other hand, if you would have to get a PTC for every gun you have, it would be like paying double for the gun thru time right?

9MX
09-27-2005, 03:18
oh ok. i didnt know that. how many ranges do u have as choices? covers almost the whole metro? does most of us use PTT or PTC? isnt it inconvenient for you to check how far you are from those shooting ranges whenever you carry? on the other hand, if you would have to get a PTC for every gun you have, it would be like paying double for the gun thru time right?

no. of ranges depends on the PPSA sanctioned matches, nationwide. your gunclub can facilitate an update from time to time.

as for the ptc,it depends on how many and what kind of guns.

toxic
09-27-2005, 03:39
Originally posted by 9MX
grease money vs. jail time (which could have been lawfully deserved) = fair trade

FA ownership - unfortunate but true, as ruled by the supreme court recently.

PTC going rate is now at 12K. for that amount, i'd rather practice running. libre na, bibilis pa ako (sana);z

9MX,

For 12k ..how long ba validity ng PTC(just curious)
,never had one before. PTT and LNL(pag nakalimutan lang PTT)
Thanks

9MX
09-27-2005, 04:27
Originally posted by toxic
9MX,

For 12k ..how long ba validity ng PTC(just curious)
,never had one before. PTT and LNL(pag nakalimutan lang PTT)
Thanks

i'm not sure. i think its for a year

vic2_187
09-27-2005, 11:04
opo, good for one year ang ptc....

i think its worth it, a thousand a month.... no hassles...

hey,"deserved jail time" thats not cool thing to say...

9MX
09-27-2005, 18:47
Originally posted by vic2_187
hey,"deserved jail time" thats not cool thing to say...
noted.but that is a reality if cops go by the book to those caught carrying unlicensed FAs.

Benj
09-27-2005, 19:00
Nowadays I think it's relatively easier to get a PTC compared to before. The PNP guy who facilitated my PTC said that Lomibao is more lenient when it comes to PTC, I got mine a week from when I applied for it, 9k all in all. Question lang, can you get a PTC for .45?

9MX
09-27-2005, 20:10
Originally posted by Benj
Nowadays I think it's relatively easier to get a PTC compared to before. The PNP guy who facilitated my PTC said that Lomibao is more lenient when it comes to PTC, I got mine a week from when I applied for it, 9k all in all. Question lang, can you get a PTC for .45?

ingat lang sa ptc, naglipana daw ang peke ngayon;P

mikey177
09-27-2005, 21:02
Originally posted by 9MX

If a PTC holder gets flagged down by a cop, is there any way for the cop to know if the PTC is fake? Is there a computerized nationwide database the LEOs can tap into so they can do a real-time check on the permit? If not, then with the skill and competence of some Pinoys for creating forgeries, how can a cop tell just by visual inspection if your PTC is genuine or not?

mc_oliver
09-27-2005, 21:56
Originally posted by mikey177
how can a cop tell just by visual inspection if your PTC is genuine or not?
They look at your car and judge if you're capable of shelling out the 12K for the PTC. ;f

mikol
09-27-2005, 23:18
If a PTC holder gets flagged down by a cop, is there any way for the cop to know if the PTC is fake? Is there a computerized nationwide database the LEOs can tap into so they can do a real-time check on the permit? If not, then with the skill and competence of some Pinoys for creating forgeries, how can a cop tell just by visual inspection if your PTC is genuine or not?

if they have with them hard copies/print outs of fake PTC's I.D's then they might know. but if not, it's really hard to tell considering the great craftsmanship of our new forgers.;e

i remember one time that the PNP/FED had a press release and mentioned the fake serial numbers of 5 PTC's(i think) and it was printed in our local newspapers. i dont know what happened to those guys owning the said PTC licenses.

PMMA97
09-28-2005, 00:06
Originally posted by mc_oliver
They look at your car and judge if you're capable of shelling out the 12K for the PTC. ;f

Quite right. but remember that most MOST cops manning checkpoints are knowledgable in interrogation. Kapag nagsisinungaling ka timbog ka! Mas maganda kung di mo alam na peke PTC mo. ;f

SMBeerDealer
09-28-2005, 00:17
Originally posted by 9MX

Make sure you get the Receipt for you PTC. Don't think the forgers make these too. Could be mistaken, though. ;Q

mikey177
09-28-2005, 00:36
Originally posted by PMMA97
Quite right. but remember that most MOST cops manning checkpoints are knowledgable in interrogation...

I get a lot of practice at home, I think a cross-examination at a checkpoint will be a piece of cake compared to the third degree I get sometimes ;Q

bagito
09-28-2005, 08:39
I get a lot of practice at home, I think a cross-examination at a checkpoint will be a piece of cake compared to the third degree I get sometimes ;Q

^5 ^5 ~2
kung kaya lusutan si mrs. bale wala na ang checkpoint

Wp.22
09-29-2005, 01:07
today i received a ltter from PNP fed that my FA license ID is ready for pick-up eh matagal ko ng nakuha ano pa kukunin ko. di sila updated kung sino-sino na ang meron FA licesne ID card.