Retirement Home [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Retirement Home

jerrytrini
09-14-2005, 16:26
Someone please tell me the condos being constructed at SBMA. I need all the information price, amenities, access to golf course etc.
Thank you.

PMMA97
09-14-2005, 17:42
Originally posted by jerrytrini
Someone please tell me the condos being constructed at SBMA. I need all the information price, amenities, access to golf course etc.
Thank you.

There is an ongoing construction of a retirement community near my kids school at Kalayaan SBMA. Looking at the billboard they have it will be patterned after retirement homes in the US. I will try to get the contact details for you sir.

PMMA97
09-14-2005, 17:51
Sir Jerry,

Got this from SBMA Information.

http://www.subicholidayvillas.com/

HTH

Eye Cutter
09-14-2005, 19:13
Meron din bagong development Ayala Land sa Bataan, yung

Anvaya Cove (http://www.anvayacove.com/)

vega
09-14-2005, 20:27
Jerry - Nahahalata ang may edad.;)

vega

jerrytrini
09-15-2005, 07:56
Vega,

Is 52 old? I feel like it that's why I am retiring "again". The Mrs and I have been thinking about this, so last night we both agreed to come home.

PMMA97, I look forward for more info about the villas. Thanks.

vega
09-15-2005, 10:06
52? Batang-bata pa yon.

vega

DoC_ER
09-15-2005, 12:01
if you have inquiries about retirement home i'am helping a friend right now. name is reynaldo panaligan you can try contact him at +63917-9436608 thanks jerry

also consider houses in tagaytay:)

jerrytrini
09-15-2005, 16:53
Thank you for all the replies.

PMMA97, what is the estimated time of completion sa retirement villas?

Toby1006Glock
09-15-2005, 22:52
Hi Sir Jerry,

Im from Olongapo City / Subic Bay Freeport Zone. May I suggest the idea of getting instead housing units in the Kalayaan and Binictican area. The beauty of Binictican / Kalayaan houses is the privacy unlike a condo were you have to share a floor or a wall with a noisy neighbor who does karaoke until 3am or plays loud music. Single or duplex housing unit/s have their own garden/lawn, carport, private access and houses are apart from other units. Im attaching pictures of some of the units Im managing for Filipino owners based in Manila.

Toby1006Glock
09-15-2005, 22:55
Here are more samples of houses...

Toby1006Glock
09-15-2005, 22:58
Another unit...

Toby1006Glock
09-15-2005, 23:04
Another unit...

Toby1006Glock
09-15-2005, 23:07
Sir Jerry, If you want I could try to find some units that are for sale/transfer of lease here in Subic. If ever, just
advise me your requirements. Oh, dont worry, the
Binictican Valley golf course is just 5-10 minutes
away from either Binictican and Kalayaan. We also have
a firing range inside the Freeport located at Naval
Magazine, the Olongapo Practical Shooting Association (OPSA)
has monthly clubshoots. Thanks and God bless...

www.subicbay.com.ph

Wp.22
09-16-2005, 00:08
we used to rent the duplex type at binictican every quarter for our quartely meetings. For a group of 15 persons we sleep confortably plus the cooling system is centralized. It very peaceful and you can do some bird watching on the side.

PMMA97
09-16-2005, 02:12
Originally posted by jerrytrini
Thank you for all the replies.

PMMA97, what is the estimated time of completion sa retirement villas?

Sir Jerry,

I have spoken with the development manager of the site and he gave me some costings for the units. He also informed me that some units will be operational by December and that they are on schedule for full operation as early as the first quarter of next year.

Studio 36sqm. $45,925
1 Bedrm 48sqm. $61,215
1 Bedrm. 68sqm. $86,740
2 Bedrm. 72sqm. $91,825
2 Bedrm. 98sqm. $ 124,985
3 Bedrm. 108sqm. $ 137,750

There are several payments schemes but it would be advisable to contact their Manila office for updated information at 632.426.7173 to 75 ext.40 Ester Bustamante VP Intl Marketing

You might want to check out the housing units at the SBMA. Some of them needs some work but at least you have options open.

I am in no way connected with Subic Holiday Villas and this information I give to you as a friend :)

kristiansen
09-16-2005, 06:36
Originally posted by Wp.22
It very peaceful and you can do some bird watching on the side. [/B]

sorry for hijacking the thread manong jerry ;c for birdwatching,pls. visit our humble site: www.birdwatch.ph

now back to regular programming........

Mang Danny
09-16-2005, 07:11
Originally posted by Toby1006Glock
Hi Sir Jerry,

Im from Olongapo City / Subic Bay Freeport Zone. May I suggest the idea of getting instead housing units in the Kalayaan and Binictican area. The beauty of Binictican / Kalayaan houses is the privacy unlike a condo were you have to share a floor or a wall with a noisy neighbor who does karaoke until 3am or plays loud music. Single or duplex housing unit/s have their own garden/lawn, carport, private access and houses are apart from other units. Im attaching pictures of some of the units Im managing for Filipino owners based in Manila.
Are the housing units for sale in Binictican the same housing units for the US Navy before?

Toby1006Glock
09-16-2005, 11:13
Originally posted by Mang Danny
Are the housing units for sale in Binictican the same housing units for the US Navy before?

Yes po Mang Danny. The Binictican spider/stilt 2 storey units are what the US Navy constructed years ago and left for the SBMA to lease out to foreigners and locals. The average floor area is about about 120-140 sqm.for a 2-3 bedroom unit. The US Navy left the houses in good condition, SBMA then leased the units habitable /liveable that even the 25 year old central airconditioning unit works up to this time. Normally you just need to repaint the interior of the houses and you can comfortably live in it. But Pinoys and foreign investors who have the budget would re-tile the whole floor, redo the kitchen cabinets, replace the counters with granite slab, install new ceilings after removing the old central aircon ducting, etc. The structure or shell of a Binictican spider / stilt house is solid and strong, understandable and expected since these houses were built under US Navy supervision and military specifications, so you dont need to tinker with it when you remodel or renovate the units.

Toby1006Glock
09-16-2005, 11:16
Kitchen job...

Mang Danny
09-16-2005, 11:47
Nice pictures! My brother-in-law was stationed in Subic for 3 years before Desert Storm. They lived in Binictican and we would visit them every month. Shortly after Pinatubo, he was stationed at Miramar (made famous by the movie Top Gun).

I am keeping my options open where to retire. ;)

Toby1006Glock
09-16-2005, 12:44
Nice pictures! My brother-in-law was stationed in Subic for 3 years before Desert Storm. They lived in Binictican and we would visit them every month. Shortly after Pinatubo, he was stationed at Miramar (made famous by the movie Top Gun).

I am keeping my options open where to retire. ;)

A lot of balikbayans are retiring in Subic Freeport because it is relatively peaceful, secured, pollution and traffic free place to retire. You dont ever see vendors of "balot" shouting at night in Binictican or Kalayaan, garbage is brought out by houseowners only on designated times less you want wild monkeys and crows to rummage around your garbage cans and you get fined by the SBMA. Power outages or black-outs are rare, no tricyle, jeepney or solicitors allowed in the housing areas. Living in Subic aint cheap kasi all the houses are designed to be central airconditioned kaya you use aircon, also electric range, dryers, etc. pero Subic is not covered by the Power Purchase Adjustment, so you only pay the electric company what you only consume. Subic has 2 international schools, Brent and Casa Kalayaan. Visit Subic when you decide which place to retire, I would be more happy to show you around the sights and sounds of Subic. If you fancy practical shooting, we have a gunclub (OPSA) here that holds monthly clubshoots, then afterwards a few laughs and a few drinks with the members at Scuba Shack, the watering hole of divers and shooters. God bless po Mang Danny and all BOGs.

jerrytrini
09-16-2005, 14:51
I will be visiting Subic in January or Feb 2006. I am seriously looking at a condo.

Your replies have been informative and I thank you.

PMMA97
09-16-2005, 15:04
Are the housing units for sale ....

AFAIK. Nothing is for sale in SBMA. Only lease agreements are allowed. Maybe Toby1006Glock could share more information for us.

Allegra
09-16-2005, 18:45
Subic is also a cyclist, runner's paradise
I love that place unless wala akong pera, then I hate it :)

Toby1006Glock
09-17-2005, 12:20
Originally posted by PMMA97
AFAIK. Nothing is for sale in SBMA. Only lease agreements are allowed. Maybe Toby1006Glock could share more information for us.

Yes, PMMA97 is correct. To be technical and legalistic about it, owners of houses in Subic Freeport only have a residential lease agreement (between SBMA as Lessor and you as Lessee) either for 25 or 50 years. Unlike if you buy a house and lot in Manila, Olongapo, Tagaytay, Baguio or any other place or province in the Philippines, that property is yours and can be passed on to your heirs. A lot of house leaseholders in Subic nevertheless, would say "so what if the 50 year lease expires, we would be expired and long gone by then". I guess the quality of living in Subic appeals to foreign and local houseowners despite the fact they only have a lease agreement for 25 or 50 years.

I am not sure what is the term with the Subic Holiday Villas or other condotel developers since all investors in Subic Freeport only have lease agreements over their leased property either short term 5-10-25 years or long term up to 50 years. Same thing if you locate at the Japanese or Taiwanese industrial parks ($60 and up per sqm for 50 years), no matter if you put up a $500 million factory, at the end of the lease term of 50 years, that building becomes property of the Philippine government or unless a new lease term is agreed upon. But buildings normally only a have commercial life of 25 years, factoring depreciation, maintenance, wear and tear, etc.

God bless!

atmarcella
09-18-2005, 06:51
kuya jerry,
i just arrived from vacation in subic, ang ganda don!!! the forest is still in pristine condition, peaceful, lots to do, in fact my whole body still hurts from a day of jet skiing, brand new jet ski's! very fast, the place is quite secure also, lots of boys in brown roaming around(sbma police), sarap mag retire don :)

PMMA97
09-18-2005, 16:20
Originally posted by atmarcella
... the place is quite secure also, lots of boys in brown roaming around(sbma police), sarap mag retire don :)

:)There are also security guys in Bike Patrol and the others in civvies. Secured talaga compared to other places.