Nintnedo Revolution Controller [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nintnedo Revolution Controller

funbob
09-16-2005, 22:06
Unvieled at the Tokyo Game Show today. Quite an interesting approach. I just wonder why the two pieces are connected via wires. Wireless would've made more sense to me.

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651383/vids_1.html

Berzerker10mm
09-17-2005, 11:09
The reason it has a the two parts are wired is so you can buy other components to attach to the main remote looking thing. I think its a cool idea but I will probably get crap for saying that lol. Basically with the two parts connected it is perfect for shooters(because of the 3d space motion sensing thingy). So if you are a good shooter in real life, you will most likey be very good at a shooter on the rev. No clunky joysticks, its more like a mouse, people that play CS:S will probably know why a computer mouse is better than joysticks.

Well these are my thoughts.

funbob
09-17-2005, 15:17
I do think it's going to be quite a revolution (pardon the pun) in input for console devices. The main reason I've never been into consoles is because I have felt that the keyboard and mouse is a superior means of input than a simple controller in any type of game, especially shooters. This may change my opinion.