Airsoft or Pellet Gun Based on Glock? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft or Pellet Gun Based on Glock?

G26AZ
09-18-2005, 00:05
Hi,
I've been looking to get an airsoft or pellet gun that looks like a Glock, or at least has the same shape.
It seems like the majority of them I've looked at at Sport's Authority, Wal-Mart, etc. are modeled after the Bereta 92, or the S&W Autos. I saw one that looked loke a PPK, and then all the really wierd minutuare AK-47's, etc.
Does anyone know of a decent quality pellet or airsoft gun (for quiet, backyard practice) that is based on the Glock?
Is the reason I don't see them that GLock will not let them use thier shape? Copyrighted?
Anyway, If anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
Also, if soemone could guide me in which is the better of the systems I've seen - CO2, spring, airsoft, etc - I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks!

PaulBk
09-19-2005, 11:59
There are no pellet or bb replicas (AFAIK).

Airsoft: http://www.planetairsoft.net/review-kscg19.htm

No endorsement for this product is implied.

-PB

Captain Caveman
09-19-2005, 12:26
Try this place. They have a big selection of quality airsoft guns.

http://www.wgcshop.com/

Stay away from the wal-mart and surplus store specials. It's just like a real firearm. You get what you pay for.

G26AZ
09-26-2005, 11:01
Wow - those are nice looking airsofts! Thanks for the info. However, those look like they are made for "professional" airsoft shooters - people with big bucks. I also notice that they are made in Japan, where the normal people are not allowed to own real firearms. That would explain all the selection of holsters and accessories to go with them - so they can live their fantasy of owning a real gun.
Not wanting to spend that kind of $$ for something jut to kill time with in the back yard, I may have to go with one of the Daisy "S&W" looking auto BB-guns at Wal-Mart. Thanks again for the replies!

Asha'man
09-26-2005, 23:43
I have a gas blowback G23, it's pretty fun. Picked it up in good shape for $75 from a neighbor's garage sale, and I've seen them online for $100-$125. Not only does it blowback and have full semi-auto fire, the thing even strips like a real Glock.

Brian

beaversgs
09-27-2005, 13:40
I think Gamo has what your looking for. Do a search and you should find it.

GregB

G26AZ
09-27-2005, 16:46
Originally posted by beaversgs
I think Gamo has what your looking for. Do a search and you should find it.

GregB

I went to the Gamo sight, and while they had a number of pistols, none that I could see were based on the GLock. I could recognize Colt, HK and possible SIG and Walther styled pistols, but no Glocks.
Also, they were all CO2 powered. From what I've read, CO2 is fine for the first few shots, but then the power gradually takes a turn for the worst each time until they run out. Also, CO@ is temperature sensesitive, so the gun shoots to different points in different temps.

Found out that the Daisy gun was also CO2....bummer.

Somebody needs to make a cheap, affordable AIRSOFT Glock gun - my guess is it must be a trade mark or copyright thing when I see about all the other major handgun makers represented at Wall-Mart, but no GLocks.....(Sniffle)
Well, since I've deciided against CO2, I think I'll check and see if Benjamin still makes a "pump-up" style of pellet pistol that I had when I was a kid. I know, only single shot, but it was accurate, never ran out of gas cartridges, had an adjustable sight, and was great on pop cans, sparrows, mice, and anything else that came in range in the old backyard.
I still think that a Glock airsoft (plastic BB's) would be a blast!!

BTW - thanks for all of the suggestions!

G26AZ
09-27-2005, 18:44
Wait - hold on!

Greg - I found the one you were talking about - the Gamo Auto45, right? Why it wasn't listed on the air pistols page is byond me, actually found it on the Cabela's website, went back to Gamo, and was able to find it on a search. At only $49.99, it's tempting...... but it's still a Co2, and I hate having to buy the cartridges, the loss of power, etc....

But - I also found a cheap airsoft version of both the Glock 17, and the sub-compact GLock 33(?) at:

www.airsoftguns.com/springpistols.htm

In the same sight, they offer the same G17 model as a "heavyweight". I think these are the type that you have cock them (rack the slide) for each shot, as they are not listed as being "semi-auto" or electric like my son's Taurus 92 that he got at Wal-mart.

Also, FYI, I found that Sports Authority sells a wierd looking airsoft gun that looks like it's in the shape of a Glock. However, it made out of some psycadellic hazy multi-colored plastic that looks totally unlike anyting that's ever come out of the GLock factory it's hard to tell.
Thaks again!

WI-Guy
09-28-2005, 12:02
I got one with two mags. I pseudo-train in the backyard of my residential suburb very cheaply.

Green gas and pellets from the local Wal-Mart cost me about $30 for 2000+ rounds. I do at least 200 rounds a week into IDPA targets tacked to cardboard boxes. Various 3D scenarios. Patio furniture for restrauants, pull the car in around back for egress and escape, all sorts of fun.

No replacement for real ammo and a real gun, but cheap and easy for tactical training!

Had mine since the begining of summer and over 5000 rounds through it.

powasky
10-06-2005, 17:51
Ok, if you really want a semi auto glock airsoft gun, get a KSC/KWA g19. They run on green gas (or propane, if you get the airsoft innovations adapter).

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_120&products_id=241

That would be a good beginner's package to get. If you go with one of the cheapo springer guns, its going to feel and perform like crap. A gas gun is the way to go.

If you do end up getting a gas gun, make sure you take care of it properly. Keep it lubed up with 100% silicon oil (NO WD-40!) and fill the mags correctly. If you need help with anything like that, just post it up, or AIM me at loxoscelic.