Kenwood TH-22AT [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood TH-22AT

treadlightly
09-19-2005, 18:14
Can anyone help me find accessories for this thing? It's a Kenwood TH-22AT. I was just given this radio and it needs a new battery. It came with a desk charger and the manuals. I have done several internet searches and can't find anything...I am interested in getting two new batteries and a rapid charger. Kenwood's site does not even have anything listed. Any help would be appreciated.

uhlawpup
09-20-2005, 06:50
It may be that batter packs are no longer made for it. I have an even older TH21AT,and I had to rebuild the battery packs myself. They generally contain AA-size or similar NiCads with solder tabs. These batteries are readily available, and it only takes about an hour to put it all together and start it charging with no more tools necessary than a good soldering iron and a screwdriver.

I don't know where you're going to find more batteries for it. You might have to go to a few hamfests, or advertise on QRZ.com ..

Good luck. Let us know how you do.

HtpaKin
09-20-2005, 16:46
I looked at www.gigaparts.com and came up batteries for TH-22ATSK - don't know if that's a different model than yours with the sk on the end. Give them a call and find out, they have been good for me to deal with. Good luck.

Dano136
09-22-2005, 21:13
Here is the place I all most always buy from, about half way down the page is the header for the TH-22.batteries (http://www.batteriesamerica.com/kenwood1.htm)