More rants about accident-prone riders [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : More rants about accident-prone riders

fnfalman
09-20-2005, 16:29
I've had riders; invariably much younger (early to mid-twenties) coming up to me, BSing around and always complain about how many close calls they received or actual accidents and incidents.

Excuse me, but if you got sideswiped THREE times in less than a year, or drop your bike while tooting around on the street four or five times within less than half a year, or take a spill every time you go out riding, YOU MAY JUST NEED TO SIT DOWN AND LOOK AT WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE DOING WRONG!!!:soap:

Even the damn cagers don't go that far out of their ways to get you.

Is it me or people are just ignorant? They zoom around like Ricky Racers and wonder why cars sidesiping them or cutting them off?!! Or have never taken MSF training or any sort of riding courses and wonder why they can't carve the twisties even at low speed? Or negotiate a crowded street?

They're like, "Oh, I do nothing wrong and people keeps running into me or I'm crashing all the time."

The bottom line is that although I don't really give a damn because they won't listen to me or anybody else and it ain't my skin I'm shedding, but I get sick and tired of listening to the same moronic diatribes all the time. ;m

My patience is running so low that when a guy started to gripe about how he almost got killed for the fifth time in as many day, I just told him to STFU. Alas, I can't say the same to the chicks because I'm trying to stay on their good side in hope for some **** prospect. ;f

So why the rant? Two chicks; one of them I have the hots for, just told me that they crashed while doing wheelies IN TRAFFIC!!! And another chick just got sideswiped and ended up with road rashes on the hips and broken arm. And two guys were killed: one got hit by a car on the freeway and the other flew off a cliff. The guy that got hit by a car loves to split lanes and weaving in and out of freeway traffic at 100+ MPH. I didn't know the guy that flew off the cliff.

NMGlocker
09-20-2005, 16:41
There is something about sportbikes that completely lobotomizes 20 year old males, even worse than ****. They lose their freakin minds.
I'm happy in my mid 30's. I like QUALITY speed and **** over quantity.

TheBelly
09-20-2005, 17:14
I'm mid-twenties. I don't try to carve canyons, more like scratch. I don't split lanes, just wait. I try not to act like an idiot, but it happens.

I just don't understand why being reasonable and prudent isn't something that parents teach their kids these days.

Jtemple
09-20-2005, 17:59
I'll be 32 on Oct 1st and bought my first bike last month. I take it easy, and am glad I waited.

whogasak47
09-20-2005, 19:34
Around me this summer 20 something buys GSXR 1000 for First Bike. Lives 2 days. Man and wife buy Hi Dollar TV Chopper ,rides < 2 miles ,does not remember from childhood to lean in curve, totaled chopper and MANY broken bones for both. And I saw this soon to be famous Football player on TV watch a Stunt video CRASH soon followed. Some you can help, most you cannot. Good Luck and Ride Safe.

FoxMustang
09-20-2005, 21:15
Originally posted by fnfalman
Is it me or people are just ignorant?
There's a rhetorical question if I've ever heard one ;) ;f

JAREDG21
09-21-2005, 00:42
I am 25 years old and I have been riding since I was 5. I've been riding on the street since I was 12, yes I know it wasn't legal and my dad beat my @$$ for it several times. I have done my fair share of stupid things both on and off the street. I do however have a little bit of common sense I hardly ever split lanes and never do it above 35mph. I don't pop wheelies in traffic. I also obey traffic laws most of the time. I have however had so many close calls I lost count 2 of them were completely my fault, 2 were a draw and the rest were cagers being complete retards. Depending an where you ride it can be incredibly dangerous. It seems that mid sized towns are the worst. What I'm saying is stupid squids and stupid cagers are equally to blame.

Bullwinkle J Moose
09-21-2005, 04:44
When I was young and immortal I was careless and did things that I would never do now. It took several people I knew contributing to their own deaths to give me a wake-up call. These tragedies will jolt some into understanding the possible irreversible consequences of impulsive behavior. Others will unfortunately have to learn the hard way. That is the curse of youth.

fnfalman
09-21-2005, 08:46
It's just aggravating to hear these people complaining about close calls and crashes and then go blame somebody else instead of looking at themselves. I mean, really, if you get sideswiped by a car three times in a row. It may just be YOU that's screwing up.

Thanks for letting me rant, but within the last month, four people that I know, one of them was a good acquaintance, got killed. And it's all from either carelessness or riding over their heads.

Plus the various chicks damaging themselves in some ways. Call me selfish, but when the chicks are hurtin', they ain't in the mood for da lovin'.;f

MStarmer
09-21-2005, 11:25
I just turned 37 last month ;P and barely feel responsible enough to own the bike I do (ZRX). It takes nothing more than $$ to buy a 200mph capabale machine, that's what's scary.

I'm old enough now to realize I'm no Eddie Lawson and want to ride for fun more than speed, it's fun to dive into a corner every now and then or open it up on the straights but I also know my own skill level. Also I'm a big chicken, just look at my tires. ;f

TimP
09-21-2005, 11:32
I agree with ya FNFAL. People think, "my bike will start and stop 2x as fast as my car, I guess I can drive it 2x as careless." Sure riding a Bike can be alot of fun, but you also have to watch out twice as much, for you AND the other guy.

I've been lucky, I have only taken a few falls. All of mine were on dirt bikes, in the woods, under 10mph. All of them were steep angled, sharp, wet turns. On the street things are different. I was trying to make a hard right hand downhill turn, front tire bound up on a rock, and I went over the bars.

On the street you can't try to be Matt Mladin, Valentino Rossi, or any other superbike rider. Cause if you were as good as they were, you would be getting paid to race, instead of having to buy your own bike.

be smooth, and don't be stupid.

MStarmer: you got a chicken stripe too? :)

Bullwinkle J Moose
09-21-2005, 16:21
Originally posted by TimP
..."my bike will start and stop 2x as fast as my car, I guess I can drive it 2x as careless." ...
When a person drives a state of the art bike, the capability of the driver more than likely is much less than the capabilty of the bike, a sure recipe for disaster for a newbie. In motorcycling, like any system, you can only be as good as the weakest link.

Mntneer357
09-22-2005, 10:58
Two chicks; one of them I have the hots for, just told me that they crashed while doing wheelies IN TRAFFIC!!! And another chick just got sideswiped and ended up with road rashes on the hips and broken arm.

Fnfalman, I just wanted to start off by saying that I'm sorry you lost a friend. You have my sincere condolences.

I have a lot of respect for motorcycle riders, as I have not yet learned to ride. Maybe someday. I am a "cager" who wants to learn.

HOWEVER...You've GOT to be kidding me! Wheelies...in traffic?? Anyone foolish enough to do this deserves whatever they get. And then how does said rider explain that act of sheer, unadulterated stupidity if they were to hit someone's car??? "OOps, my bad man...was tryin to show off." That is how people get beat-down.

I recently acquired a mint condition 2002 Toyota 4Runner and I love it. Exactly the color and specs I wanted. Were some fool to hit it with their bike whilst trying to do a wheelie in traffic, that person would spend time re-learning how to eat solid food.

I feel your pain Fnfalman. Stay safe.

Cheers
Mntneer357

ChaZ
09-22-2005, 16:37
Call me selfish, but when the chicks are hurtin', they ain't in the mood for da lovin'.;f

You're not selfish when you let your little head get what it always want. ;f

-ChaZ