Cochese
09-22-2005, 23:27
Safe for work>

This ain't just left turns..........

;P

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/920/

G21forME
09-24-2005, 15:29
Nascar sucks, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know jack about driving. Yeah lets drive a "stock car" with rwd, a V8, and a man tranny when none of that is even offered in the "stock car" they are trying to pose as.;Q Oh I almost forgot, make sure the cars only have to turn left, because after all that bud it is just way to complicated for the good ole boys to turn right.;z

Rob1035
09-24-2005, 16:47
anyone who says nascar sucks hasn't been to a race. Why compare apples to oranges though? If rally is really better, why do the speedways get packed so often, and the SCCA rallies dont have dick for spectators? I'm a diehard road race fan personally, but I can see the appeal of all motorsports, as I appreciate just about anything with a motor and wheels...or wings...or props...etc.

Cochese
09-24-2005, 17:46
Originally posted by Rob1035
anyone who says nascar sucks hasn't been to a race. Why compare apples to oranges though? If rally is really better, why do the speedways get packed so often, and the SCCA rallies dont have dick for spectators? I'm a diehard road race fan personally, but I can see the appeal of all motorsports, as I appreciate just about anything with a motor and wheels...or wings...or props...etc.

First off, I totally agree with you on appreciating all motorsports. That was well put.

Second, I've been to a race, and NASCAR still sucks.

Third, on the topic of apples and oranges...

You said (above) if rally is better, why are speedways packed and SCCA rallies empty....

That would be a HUGE apples to oranges comparison, which you appear to be against others using. Comparing a NASCAR speedway event with a SCCA solo-II event at a open track is ridiculous.

We (I) were referring to WRC, which is World Rally Championship racing, an international motorsport. You should take a look at WRC event spectator attendance statistics and compare them to NASCAR... you'd be surprised at what you just said ;)

Another reason NASCAR is more popular than WRC? Advertising. I guarantee if WRC had 1/4 of the advertisment segment directed at the US market by NASCAR, it would be an unbelievable phenom here in the US of A...

:)

walangkatapat
09-24-2005, 20:54
It takes more than good advertising to pack the fans in.

Rob1035
09-25-2005, 08:33
Good points by all. I think nascar is like a lot of pro sports, I dont really enjoy it on tv, but in person, its a blast. I dont really like NFL, but sitting on the 50yd line at a Panthers game is awesome.

I do think ever WRC cant be popular here because the actual layout is not conducive to making money, IE filling stadiums. Even if a million people hike up to watch a rally....

Luckily we have speed tv. and the internet for that matter

Cochese
09-25-2005, 09:52
Good points by all. I think nascar is like a lot of pro sports, I dont really enjoy it on tv, but in person, its a blast. I dont really like NFL, but sitting on the 50yd line at a Panthers game is awesome.

I do think ever WRC cant be popular here because the actual layout is not conducive to making money, IE filling stadiums. Even if a million people hike up to watch a rally....

Luckily we have speed tv. and the internet for that matter

^6

BadLight
09-28-2005, 09:31
THAT DUDE IS ****ING NUTS! I LIKE IT!.... specially that "let the ass end come around so I can make the hairpin turn"! THAT DUDE ROCKS!

Rob1035
09-28-2005, 09:43
tarmac rallies=Isle of Mann on four wheels

fnfalman
09-28-2005, 11:25
Originally posted by walangkatapat
It takes more than good advertising to pack the fans in.

You're right. It takes misguided patriotism and lots of flag waving to pack in the NASCAR races. I wonder how many fans would stay if Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, etc., would participate in NASCAR. Assuming that they would bother with building pushrod V8s just for racing application.

But to be honest, the NASCAR drivers can drive. Maybe they don't have the skills and reflexes to drive an F1 or rally car, but they can sure as hell whip most people's asses when it comes to car handling.

Rob1035
09-28-2005, 12:15
http://www.sosperf.com/images/racetruck.jpg

;) I like the trucks the best, I mean if you're going to watch a bunch of high powered, heavy cars run in circles, they might as well be trucks LOL

Cochese
09-28-2005, 17:52
Originally posted by fnfalman
You're right. It takes misguided patriotism and lots of flag waving to pack in the NASCAR races. I wonder how many fans would stay if Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, etc., would participate in NASCAR. Assuming that they would bother with building pushrod V8s just for racing application.

But to be honest, the NASCAR drivers can drive. Maybe they don't have the skills and reflexes to drive an F1 or rally car, but they can sure as hell whip most people's asses when it comes to car handling.

+10000000000000

Uzzirider
09-28-2005, 18:12
Dayam, that last hairpin was hawt! Let's see Jeff Gordon do that!
I watch every round of the WRC - short of helmet throwing, it's way more exciting than NASCAR... and NASCAR has such a white trash reputation.
/gets ready to duck

WRC won't get big until there's more exposure over here. *****, out of 16 races worldwide they don't even have a single one in the US. What does that tell ya? This weekend they're in Japan of all places!
I thought all of Japan was paved over with high rise buildings, Sony factories, and the set of Maximum Extreme Challenge!
It also a tough to charge spectators, so maybe that's a deterrent for us capitalists?

Rob1035
09-28-2005, 18:17
I dunno, if any of the nascar guys could do it, it'd be Jeff Gordon.

phxtravis
09-28-2005, 20:04
I dunno, if any of the nascar guys could do it, it'd be Jeff Gordon.

probably Boris Said or maybe Robby Gordon(he races Baja every year, so has some offroad experience).

I to dislike NASCAR, I wish they would change there name because they are not "stock cars"(already stated above). My favorite motorsports are, MotoGP, F1, WRC, and almost all offroad style racing, because in my opinion these are take the most skill and are the most entertaining.

Rob1035
09-28-2005, 20:22
boris, yeah he can drive anything

big +1 on the motoGP

walangkatapat
10-01-2005, 11:03
Originally posted by fnfalman

Misguided patriotism? Why do you say that? BTW, Toyota has been racing in the NASCAR truck series for a couple of years.

45owner
10-02-2005, 23:53
Can't say that I've ever seen a WRC car at talladega!

Cochese
10-03-2005, 10:49
Originally posted by 45owner
Can't say that I've ever seen a WRC car at talladega!

Can't say I have ever seen a NASCAR on Pikes Peak!

;)

Rob1035
10-03-2005, 10:56
Originally posted by glocktastic
Can't say I have ever seen a NASCAR on Pikes Peak!

;)

Ah ha! But there's Japanese pickup trucks on BOTH:cool:

Ramtuff
10-03-2005, 11:00
I like both Nascar and WRC. Anyone who criticizes Nascar needs to go take a few laps in a "stock" car. I drove a Craftsman series truck down at Dover, and I certainly gained a new respect for the drivers...and I was out there with only two other cars, I can't imagine being out there with another 42.

epsylum
10-03-2005, 17:13
I am not a Nascar fan, all the left turns give me a headache ;f.

But Jeff Gordon CAN drive. He usually dominates all the road courses and when he drove Juan Montoyas BMW, he got within a second of qualifying times at the Indy F-1 track with only a few fimiliarzation laps. Anyone who can jump into a COMPLETELY unfimiliar car and come within a second of qualifying has to be a good driver.

BTW as my Uncle who works at a lot of SCCA races said "Boris Said can drive anything well".