ZX-10R Flip [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ZX-10R Flip

WERA49
09-26-2005, 16:36
http://kalisto95.free.fr/_videos/bol_dor_05_crash.mpg

fnfalman
09-26-2005, 17:23
I saw that. What's the deal there? The guy tried to do a wheelie across the finish line and blew it?

epsylum
09-26-2005, 20:16
Originally posted by fnfalman
I saw that. What's the deal there? The guy tried to do a wheelie across the finish line and blew it?

That would be my guess. Good lord that thing wheelies on a dime. Even at speed that thing just door-hinged him onto his butt. Sometimes showing off gets you into trouble, like the guy that lost the F-3000 race in Manaco a year or 2 ago. He slowed down to wave to his buddies in the pits right before the last corner of the last lap. He screwed up his downshift and got passed about 50 ft. from the finish line all because he was trying to show off.

DOH!

phxtravis
09-26-2005, 21:30
It looks like the act of him standing up caused to front end to become to light and it also looks like he is accelerating, and with the 10r engine it doesnt take much.

TheBelly
09-26-2005, 23:25
"One hundred mph arrives before the 13,000-rpm redline—in first gear. Shift into second at triple digits and a practiced throttle hand can lift the front Dunlop for obscene distances. The 10R covers a quarter-mile in less time than it takes to read this sentence, and it punishes incompetence, impudence and stupidity even more quickly. Too much throttle, almost anywhere, and it'll stick you in the ground like a golf tee."

"This Ninja doth not suffer fools. It eats them. Whole."

"Its predatory silhouette alone makes small children, domestic pets and impressionable girls hyperventilate. If it lived next door, the ZX-10R would bet heavily on the Oakland Raiders. It would own an overwrought Rottweiler named Cujo and play all 11 Metallica albums every weekend—with the dial cranked up to 11. Your mother wouldn't approve. Your black-sheep uncle doing time for armed robbery would advise against it. "

"The biggest challenge in point-and-shoot land, or anywhere else for that matter, is keeping the front wheel on the ground. Get sloppy with body position or throttle control, just for an instant, and you're riding a 162-horse unicycle."

I love that bike!