Briggs & Stratton help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Briggs & Stratton help

19-2
10-03-2005, 15:21
I have a B/S 5.5 horse motor on a little scooter. The motor has a restrictor on it that wont allow top speed. Does anyone know how to take it off or some way to bypass it. I knew how to do it on the old Cushmans, it had a bar in the air intake tube, but I dont see anything like that on this. Any help would be great.
Jess
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/8135/dscf033911wi.jpg

gixxer11
10-03-2005, 18:20
It could any number of things. Does the slide in the carb open all the way? It could be in the clutch (ala Honda Elite scooter). It could be the carb itself won't flow any more (ala Honda Z/XR/CRF 50). It has to be either the intake, or the clutch. I seriously doubt that it has an ingnition cut-off (rev limiter). If it is RPM limited, take care not to over rev the thing, because the valve springs probably won't take it and a push rod could pop out. Good luck.

19-2
10-04-2005, 11:51
Originally posted by gixxer11
It could any number of things. Does the slide in the carb open all the way? It could be in the clutch (ala Honda Elite scooter). It could be the carb itself won't flow any more (ala Honda Z/XR/CRF 50). It has to be either the intake, or the clutch. I seriously doubt that it has an ingnition cut-off (rev limiter). If it is RPM limited, take care not to over rev the thing, because the valve springs probably won't take it and a push rod could pop out. Good luck. I found it. The throtal had a stop on it which dosen't allow the slide to open full. I eliminated that to obtain full throt. Now it will run up to about 50 mph. You are wright to not rev the rpm's to high now. I will need to put the stop back on when the grandkids ride it.
Thanks for the help.
Jess

gixxer11
10-08-2005, 19:13
Glad I could help! :)

Dandapani
10-08-2005, 20:18
It's a beauty. What that puppy cost?

bdhawk
10-08-2005, 20:20
that thing looks cool! what is it called, and where do you get 'em?

19-2
10-08-2005, 20:41
Thanks, It's called a HAWG-TYE. Bought it from some guy here in Denver. Max air presure is 10psi so up around 50 mph it will try to buck you off. One of my sons weighs 220 and it will climb a tree with him on it. I'm thinken major winter fun.